Node form helper

Hi there, i'm trying to develop a plugin where the admin needs to set a forum id, and i wonder if i could do a select list like the one from when you create a new forum ( or edit one ).

From what i've seen in the files of the Forums app i need the node form helper but i don't quite understand it. Could someone help me out? :) 

I've done some quick testing. And looks like yes it's it. Not only that but even after i comment it my plugin is still broken, so i deleted it and done another one, same result, after using your code it broke, and after commenting it and replacing with a simple text field still not working, but using a text field before using your code does it fine, but still i would love that node ? 

Nope it still doesn't work for some reason, i'm going to try a clean reinstall. Because i've been playing with the dev mode so much... Coming back with an edit.

Edit: Looks like there was some weird invisible spacing before the $form variable, literally they where invisible, i just figured it out randomly lol, thanks for the help :) 

@Adriano Faria One last thing about this, i switched to building a app since it felt better for what i want to do and opened more doors, i still need to use a node form helper but this time when i get the value of it it returns an array which looks like this in json: 

{ "noCopyButton": false,"_followData":null, "changed":[], "skipCloneDuplication":false }

What i've observed is that if i give the option to select mutiple options the return will look something like this: 

{
	"8" : {"noCopyButton":false,"_followData":null,"changed":[],"skipCloneDuplication":false},
	"10": {"noCopyButton":false,"_followData":null,"changed":[],"skipCloneDuplication":false}
}

Archived