Images and attachments

Philip Gaines

I posted this in the another section of the forum but i realised it may be better to post it here

We decided to limit the image post size to 700 pixels maximum in width and length and when we was doing the work on the forum server many of the attachments was over sized 2000 plus x 2000 plus of nothing of great value, members just download from the web and uploaded to the forum...

Now on the forum this is a global setting and not in group content setting which only allows the same setting for all forum members but we have a group of members that post regular photo reports which want to use larger images..

i'm asking if this can be added into group content setting then we could create a secondary groups ie "photography" which will allow them members to post larger shots.

- - - 

In AdminCP we have POSTING and in the tab we have General then Images & Videos as follows:-

A2.thumb.png.8f1fec7fc3f318b6f7cffd8265d22287.png

As this setting is inside the POSTING this makes it a global setting for every member in the forum

In GROUPS then EDIT GROUP you will see the Content tab which only allows size in KB and not pixel size which is more useful 

If this was changed then we could allow different photo size by pixels for each group allowing us to give a second group for photographers which would allow them to post better photo's

A1.thumb.png.d729425c8b3b453d6cbcaa5fede866c0.png

Thanks.

Archived