Language translation issue in calendar reviews?

vanderbroms

Compare the structure of the Dutch translation to the English one using Customization > Languages > globe icon for Dutch. My guess is that there's a fault in the syntax.

Edit: Sorry, I've just seen that you say you've checked through translation. What do the relevant strings look like in English and Dutch?

I found this string __api_calendar_reviews and it says reviews on both

__api_calendar_comments says reacties as it also says in that jibber jabber on the tab. I use the default theme and the only thing I installed to my site is the Dutch translation so based on my previous experience on other software I really don't get it ?

9 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

So paste the English and Dutch versions so that we can compare. It might be that it's something as trivial as a missing parenthesis.

Well, that for sure was the case but I was looking in the wrong place ?

@Adriano Faria helped pointing me in the right direction and now the faulty strings:

<span id='commentCount'>{#}</span> {!# [1:reactie][?:reacties]}

<span id='reviewCount'>{#}</span> {!# [1:review][?:reviews]}

Have been replaced to the correct and perfectly working:

{# [1:Comment][?:Reacties]}

{# [1:Review][?:Reviews]}

Thanks for the help, both of you :D 

1 hour ago, vanderbroms said:

I have an issue with the comment and review tabs when using the Dutch language on my site. Where can I fix this issue? Tried to check through the translation but cannot pinpoint the issue. 

language issue.PNG

Have you used the frontend translation tool to change this strings? Looking at your result this could be the issue and a valid bug in the software, but unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it.

Glad you solved it!

What that means is that IPS changed the structure at some point -- it can be really frustrating when you're working with translations because you see these sorts of problems afterwards. If you see it again, compare what the English string looks like with the Dutch. Look at the structure not just the words :)

9 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Glad you solved it!

What that means is that IPS changed the structure at some point -- it can be really frustrating when you're working with translations because you see these sorts of problems afterwards. If you see it again, compare what the English string looks like with the Dutch. Look at the structure not just the words :)

I was looking in the wrong place so I would never have found it ;) But what you're saying is exactly what my experience with other software program has thought me by trials and errors. 

13 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Have you used the frontend translation tool to change this strings? Looking at your result this could be the issue and a valid bug in the software, but unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it.

I did not do any translation by myself but purchased a language pack. Did not know there was a front end translation tool till I got stuck on this bit which is now solved via the back end :D 

Archived