Jump to content

Community

Lottery ( Members Shop Add-On ) ( Support Topic )


Recommended Posts

Updated to 1.0.6

New Features

  • Added a homepage for the lottery with 4 blocks
    • Featured Draws
    • Newest Draws
    • Lotteries next to be drawn
    • Most expensive draws
  • Added a new setting in the draws to allow them to be forced to give a winner for that draw
  • Added coloured balls, you can set the colour of balls
    • 1-9 / 10-19 / 20-29 / 30-39 / 40-49 / 50-59
    • These all use the IPS colour setting allowing you to choose from millions of colours
  • Added a setting to allow you to now choose from small or large boxes for the table and blocks
  • Added featured draws to show in the featured blocks
  • Added a widget showing all featured blocks, Recommended to be placed in the header of footer and not the sidebar
  • Moved the permissions for who can view and buy lotteries and their tickets to inside the lottery draw settings instead of using the matrix
  • Once the draws are drawn they will now only show the button to delete the draw from the ACP table instead of showing the edit buttons etc ad you can't do nothing else with a drawn game so there is no points having them buttons on show

Bug Fixes

  • Fixed the bug where it might redirect you back to the home page if your broswer don't support the referrer methods
Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheJackal84

Bugs

  • Text of draw names aren't properly centered in the large box format, example:

spacer.png

 

  • ipsAreaBackground_light should be placed around the header text to ensure compatibility with all themes, especially IPSFocus themes. This is done in Member Shop already.
  • On the "Draws" page, The header "lottery" is lowercase as if it hasn't been properly defined as a language string.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated to new version.

When I add the sidebar block and click "Edit" I get a vague outline of what is probably the edit box:

image.thumb.png.703f103decb6d5abe7cbf9d09cd61a49.png

Unable to edit, obviously.  And it would be nice if that box was centered.

One other suggestion, now it has the ability to post a topic when winner is drawn, but there should be a topic when lottery is posted so that people know of it.

Thanks,  I enjoy your products and your creativity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BradTBP said:

When I add the sidebar block and click "Edit" I get a vague outline of what is probably the edit box:

there are no settings for the block, it is default with IPS to still show that edit button where as it really should not show, alsp that block is basically for the header / footer sections it will look so much nicer there, I will be making one for the sidebar but it will look different to how it is now

7 hours ago, BradTBP said:

One other suggestion, now it has the ability to post a topic when winner is drawn, but there should be a topic when lottery is posted so that people know of it.

Yeah that sounds good, I will add a setting for the draw's to post a topic once it has been created with some tags for info on the draw

7 hours ago, BradTBP said:

Thanks,  I enjoy your products and your creativity.

No problem, I enjoy big / new updates and seeing the differences from 1.0.0 - x.x.x

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Yeah that sounds good, I will add a setting for the draw's to post a topic once it has been created with some tags for info on the draw

Great to hear....I use Adriano's Raffle drawings (which he added functionality for Member Points to inegration!), and what he does is post an opening topic when a raffle is created, and then replies to that initial topic when it is drawn.  That's pretty clean.

One other thing I noticed is I set the raffle for 9:00 p.m. Saturday night, but it ended up drawing 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning.  I think I had this problem with the Sports Betting and you fixed.  Seems to need a similar fix.

Thanks!

Brad

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Jack,

 

I think I found a small bug. I tried to upload some banners for Loterry Page and now I CANNT detele them. If I will delete a banner, after reloading the page is still there. I reinstalled the application by 3 times and I delete the pictures from FTP of my forum and still nothing. Check the photo

123123.thumb.png.b0f7edb7082ac813a4121167e7826203.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Quote

Select to post a topic once a draw is complete with the draws information

  • If enabled, when a member claims a winning ticket a reply to the topic what was posted will be posted

I think this option is not working because I cannt see any auto-replies with the winners in the topic of draws.

11 minutes passed from the draw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

Not sure if anyone proposed this idea.

It's a type of lottery common over here, we call it 50/50.

So a member buys  a ticket for say 2 points.

One point goes in the pot, and one point goes to the organizer (usually a good cause).

So let say at the end, 5000 points are collected, 2500 points go to one winner, and 2500 stay for the house.

Is this something that could be done? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

So Members Shop got a 2.0.0 update and thought I'd give this a 2.0.0 as well to work the same way as Members Shop does with the javascript and no page reloads etc, I should have a BETA version ready in a day or 2 if anyone wants to test it out, If you want to test it send me a PM titled Lottery 2.0.0 BETA and I will send you a version when it is ready, A active license is required to test the BETA of course :biggrin:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated to 2.0.0

New Features

  • Re-wrote the whole application to work with JavaScript / Ajax so it's work as members shop does with no page reloads :D
  • Added a generate numbers button to the tickets where it will generate 6 unique numbers members can use
  • Performance updates to the code
  • Redesigned the grids

Please Note

  • Members Shop 2.0.0 or above is required to use this application from this version on wards
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm a new user to Members Shop and Lottery.  Site is 4.4.10, lottery 2.0.0, Shop is 2.0.2.

Had my first winning ticket claimed yesterday.  Reply was created perfect to the draw topic.

However, when I looked at the member, it was clear that the points were not applied to their account.  I waited a day to be sure that there wasn't some automated process that would add them in at a later time, and a short while ago manually updated the points on the members account.    So, only ONE instance thus far and it failed to complete the transaction... and I am not talented enough to know why.... so I seek assistance please.

Reading over the support forum, I found no issue matching this one, but I have experienced other issues stated, such as purchasing a ticket sometimes remains on same page, sometimes returns to home page.  Checking a ticket will at times do the same thing.

Additionally, as we all like to "automate" as much as we can, it would be nice to create recurring events for draws or at a minimum have the ability to duplicate/copy.

Thanks!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SMen said:

However, when I looked at the member, it was clear that the points were not applied to their account.  I waited a day to be sure that there wasn't some automated process that would add them in at a later time, and a short while ago manually updated the points on the members account.    So, only ONE instance thus far and it failed to complete the transaction... and I am not talented enough to know why.... so I seek assistance please.

the members need to check / claim their winning tickets in their my tickets page

2 minutes ago, SMen said:

Additionally, as we all like to "automate" as much as we can, it would be nice to create recurring events for draws or at a minimum have the ability to duplicate/copy.

I'll look into it

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:
39 minutes ago, SMen said:

However, when I looked at the member, it was clear that the points were not applied to their account.  I waited a day to be sure that there wasn't some automated process that would add them in at a later time, and a short while ago manually updated the points on the members account.    So, only ONE instance thus far and it failed to complete the transaction... and I am not talented enough to know why.... so I seek assistance please.

the members need to check / claim their winning tickets in their my tickets page

Understood.  He did check, which was how the reply to the topic was made, and the entry into the Lottery Payouts log...  Still, his personal points were not updated.

360250153_ScreenShot2020-02-21at2_16_07PM.png.0f946b1df13122f6ecc4b2403b8f8f17.png1948866406_ScreenShot2020-02-21at2_16_31PM.png.507697715cdc64bedfde0392c0351bcd.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy