Sticky Contact Us button (Support Topic)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm a pain ..   ??‍♂️  but, can I make a request ? 

Could you add an option to redirect to an specific url, instead of opening the IPS contact form? I'm interested, but I need to use my own forms.

On my websites, when users click on "contact me", they open a page in IPs that loads a Zoho Form or a Jotform. 
This form is like a step by step process or a survey, where I guide them through a series of questions/answers. For example, the 1st question is "why do you want to contact me." .. possible answers: "I want to have my account deleted", "You have pictures that I want you to remove", "I need help setting up a professional profile", "I have a business proposal" etc.
Depending on the 1st question/answer, I give them specific instructions until I ask for their names, email . This way I get specific problems that I can address more efficiently. 

Hi,

Will it be possible to add this for guest submissions? If not we will just restrict the option for registered members.

Add something like this to the form to become GDPR compliant by requesting consent?

Add & mark a check box as a required field and label it with something like "I consent to having Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net collect my details via this form". Now the form will only submit when consent is given.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Will it be possible to add this for guest submissions?

Not sure I understand the question. It’s just a more visible button linking to the contact form. (And you can choose the user groups who see it.) 

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Add something like this to the form to become GDPR compliant by requesting consent?

Contact forms do not require additional consent, just as a online shop does not need consent that you use the shipping address for shipping the order. 
However: It doesn’t hurt if you describe your use of the contact form data in the privacy policy. Is the data stored on the website or sent via email? Will it be deleted after a while? Do you guarantee not to sent advertising or give the data to someone else. This kind of stuff …

Hi Apparently any form submission requires explicit consent to conform to the GDPR regulations.

Forms collecting information that can identify the person are affected. This includes information like names, photos, an email addresses, or IP address.

Request the explicit consent of every user before any data collection takes place. Requests must be in clear, plain, easily understandable language free of legalese. It also must stand alone from other matters or requests and not be buried in other text.

Everyone we know who has wordpress forms on their sites are adding a tickbox that must be ticked before their form is submitted.

As we will recieve the guest visitors email address when they submit the form we will need to comply to this part of the GDPR.

12 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi Apparently any form submission requires explicit consent to conform to the GDPR regulations.

No. And copying some text from a blog on the internet doesn’t prove the opposite. 

In any case: I merely add a button to access IPS’ contact form. I won’t change its functionality.