Commerce: Sale Price For All Users

Meddysong

I must be missing something really obvious. In the past I've seen that it's possible to sell a good at a temporary sale price (for all customers rather than a specific usergroup). From memory, the user still sees the original price but also the new one in red to capture attention.

Try as I might, I just can't find this option in Commerce, even though I'm sure I've done it before in an older version. What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Meddysong said:

I must be missing something really obvious. In the past I've seen that it's possible to sell a good at a temporary sale price (for all customers rather than a specific usergroup). From memory, the user still sees the original price but also the new one in red to capture attention.

Try as I might, I just can't find this option in Commerce, even though I'm sure I've done it before in an older version. What am I missing?

You may be able to use a coupon instead. Last I saw this feature was when it was still being called Nexus. Just release a coupon code only valid for whatever dates you want.

1 minute ago, AlexWright said:

Just release a coupon code only valid for whatever dates you want.

It's more the visual allure I'm going for, attracting people who are just passing through by the sight of the different price in red. I've definitely used it when playing with Commerce on 4.x back when it came out and remember translating the relevant language string for it. I'm wondering whether that feature was removed when the functionality for usergroup discounts was added. 

17 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

It's more the visual allure I'm going for, attracting people who are just passing through by the sight of the different price in red. I've definitely used it when playing with Commerce on 4.x back when it came out and remember translating the relevant language string for it. I'm wondering whether that feature was removed when the functionality for usergroup discounts was added. 

I'm not certain. I cannot find the feature anywhere on the site I have commerce enabled on.

Archived