Strange problem after upgrade

PPlanet

Strange problem after upgrading from 3.4.5 to 4.2.7

Okay, I've been preparing this for 3 months in another server. All good.

Finally I go through the same and upgrade my live site.

All that went well.

However, any search or content discovery takes me ages or times out (all the rest is fine)

Opened ticket here; I was told it was a performance problem and to try converting database to innodb.

My host tries but keeps having problems (the ORIG_ tables were still there making an already big database huge)

I had another idea. We installed a backup of the database in the test server I prepared for 3 months (same host): No problem all works well.

Okay, we try to see where the problem is with my live server, and to cut the story short, it's my account (which doesn't have the same problem when we swap to the database now also installed in my test server)

I tried from different machines, different ISP too, to rule out caching/cookies problems, but the problem persists. Just me, no other accounts, and just in this installation. It's not a problem of the admin permission either, as I tested it with other admin accounts and they are fine.

Any ideas please? :)

Perhaps there are still background processess running (depending on size of forum could take some time to complate unless you click the 'manually' link)

When you go into admincp see if there are any background processess still to run (should be first page that shows .. if not then click Dashboard link in left column)?

40 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Yes, only yours.

Others are probably guests.

Thanks Adlago but unfortunately that didn't do the trick.

27 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Perhaps there are still background processess running (depending on size of forum could take some time to complate unless you click the 'manually' link)

When you go into admincp see if there are any background processess still to run (should be first page that shows .. if not then click Dashboard link in left column)?

No, processes were finished days ago (I've been 6 days offline, partly planned too, but I wasn't expecting this problem of course)

Archived