Department only available to admins?

kammeret.no

5 minutes ago, NOJS said:

Cant you just pick people you want to include in a department as you like?

To do what? Support is handled through the ACP (admin control panel) and only admins can access it. So yes, the sales guy needs to be an admin or he wouldn’t be able to do anything as department member. 

He's not supposed to do anything, our forum is heavily financed by banner ads, and he is only supposed to answer questions from potential advertisers. When an advertising deal is finalized he would escalate the ticked to the admin department for instance, who actually have admin priveliges and the technical skills needed to implement the banner ads. I can tell you I DO NOT want to give our sales guy admin priveliges, as he's not an IT guy and would probably screw something up.

Just now, NOJS said:

He's not supposed to do anything, our forum is heavily financed by banner ads, and he is only supposed to answer questions from potential advertisers. When an advertising deal is finalized he would escalate the ticked to the admin department for instance, who actually have admin priveliges and the technical skills needed to implement the banner ads. I can tell you I DO NOT want to give our sales guy admin priveliges, as he's not an IT guy and would probably screw something up.

Then give him the privileges he needs, and not the full admin privileges. You've got total control over what the user can access in the ACP - restrict it down to what he needs.

Archived