Set default language, disregarding of client language?

IDG

Hi! 

Is it possible to set the default members language disregarding of what language that is detected by the browser?

I like that we can switch between our native language (Swedish) and English, but we really want the default language to be Swedish even if the users browser is set to English. I can accomplish this by disable the English language completely but then I can only use Swedish on the site and in the admin area. I would prefer your original language in the admin area, especially since the Swedish language pack we use is missing some admin translations and we might risk misunderstanding some settings.

I find the language and translating features in the community suite 4.x really cool but i'm missing just this thing. The language detection is a good feature but I would like an extra setting to ignore this detection and really set the default language. Would this be possible in a future version perhaps?

Unfortunately using this plugin works fine for guests, but when they register the email is sent out in english, not swedish. Discovered that today and once again had to disable english. 
(I also prefer english in admin) We can work around it, but it's kind of annoying.

15 hours ago, Buschiq said:

Unfortunately using this plugin works fine for guests, but when they register the email is sent out in english, not swedish. Discovered that today and once again had to disable english. 
(I also prefer english in admin) We can work around it, but it's kind of annoying.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will try the plugin anyway and try if it works for us.

The plugin worked but as @Buschiq mentioned, the language will still be English for members. And as soon as a guest registers as a new member, this member will get English if their detected language is English. 

2 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

You can set the ACP language separately. There's an option to select it which you can find by clicking the arrow next to your username in the ACP.

Yes, but Not it the language is disabled? In order to set only one language for our users we need to disable the English language pack first and then it won't show up in the ACP either. 

2 hours ago, Meddysong said:

You can set the ACP language separately. There's an option to select it which you can find by clicking the arrow next to your username in the ACP.

I know I can, but once I enable english there, all my new members gets emails in english and I don't want that. Upside - I get to see admin in english, downside - once enabled my new members gets registring mails in english, not swedish. 
Still, with this plugin at least they can read the site in our own language before signing up. Thats a plus!

Archived