How to notify a user that he was added to a group

MiP1

Hello, 

I would like to automatically let the user know, that he was added to a group. How can I do it? 

In another engine I used to create a global announcement which only the members of a defined group could see and it was possible to allow the user to close this announcement. So when I manually made a user a member of this group, he could read the announcement and close it to not see it anymore at all – that was perfect. I don't think it is possible to do so in 4.2.7, is it?

• 3 weeks later...

That's another way to do it: 

I'm still a little disappointed, that it is not possible to restrict announcement to groups and allow the user close it manually. I think, that's a basic functionality and should be built in. 

Thanks, I know about this function, but it is useless in this case without a user being able to dismiss it. 

Announcements system overhaul. Now global on all pages (not via widget) and new modes including dismissible announcements and top-header floating bar option.

Yes, that sounds right. Still we can't use it now and it will take some time until 4.3 can be used. 

Archived