Google AdSense Auto Ads

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up with Google's Autoads and moved to Ezoic. It would be a nightmare to change the CSS for their ads as they are dynamic and you never know what size or where they are going to appear. It made no revenue difference for me either. Ezoic have a Chrome extension which allows really easy ad placement. It's not an ideal solution as you have to give them full DNS control and they insert a lot of code but I earn more with them as I can run on the Doubleclick network.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 4:39 AM, Phil Lilley said:

I'm glad someone else is having issues.  I just initiated them.  This is what I'm getting:

5a95c188524b5_ScreenShot2018-02-27at2_35_05PM.thumb.png.5a98dd3f2023f0ec6e49a443e1bbd6b0.png

Double ads.

5a95c18c1b90e_ScreenShot2018-02-27at2_35_00PM.thumb.png.5d90d36b2ea874167b1da19d18530ebe.png

Ad over the post, not in between posts.  

Anybody else seeing this?

Were you able to fix this. I am having the exact same problem. So annoying. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, AlexWebsites said:

All I did was create a custom ad tag and insert that tag into the global template. Within the ad settings, I have it showing to guests only. I did nt use any IF statements. 

image.png.6e963a31b604ebc38819ba6caccbb622.png

It seemed to display more ads on mobile and it feels like it's slowing down the site a bit on smaller screens. I have everything on in adsense to show and it's too early to make a judgement so I'm going to continue to leave it up for a few days. 

I have added up to my site by using above technique...

I will watch closely and report back here... 🙂 Hopefully good new... 🙂

On 8/2/2018 at 9:27 AM, asigno said:

I gave up with Google's Autoads and moved to Ezoic. It would be a nightmare to change the CSS for their ads as they are dynamic and you never know what size or where they are going to appear. It made no revenue difference for me either. Ezoic have a Chrome extension which allows really easy ad placement. It's not an ideal solution as you have to give them full DNS control and they insert a lot of code but I earn more with them as I can run on the Doubleclick network.

Is this in addition to regular google ads or as a complete replacement?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 4:27 PM, asigno said:

Did you have any issues migrating over?  I'm about to migrate...  and a little concerned on the DNS migration and their cloudflare backend.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:11 PM, Fast Lane! said:

Did you have any issues migrating over?  I'm about to migrate...  and a little concerned on the DNS migration and their cloudflare backend.

Sorry was on holiday. How did it go? I've had no issues with their DNS, it was an easy swap for me as I was already using Cloudflare. The only issue I've had is that my site is now slower due to their scripts, I haven't had time to really look through it yet.

7 minutes ago, asigno said:

Sorry was on holiday. How did it go? I've had no issues with their DNS, it was an easy swap for me as I was already using Cloudflare. The only issue I've had is that my site is now slower due to their scripts, I haven't had time to really look through it yet.

Interesting.  How about revenue? Any net improvements that make the loss in speed worth it?

On 10/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, Fast Lane! said:

Interesting.  How about revenue? Any net improvements that make the loss in speed worth it?

I need to do some proper calculations, but off the top of my head I'd say a 20% improvement. I haven't  spent any time optimizing the placements etc I'm sure it could do better but haven't had the time. The ads are premium ads so more video type and far less of the horrid text type ones, providing a nicer experience. But the page load time sucks. I only show ads to free users hoping it will increase paid subscriptions. I set a cookie with the member type and Ezoic exclude those users from their targeting.

• 1 month later...

The Google Auto Ad issue with ads overlaying text in the posts...occurring for me as well. Where did we land on this issue? Is it a google issue and there is no fix? I don't need the ads inside of posts anyway. Just like the mobile anchors and vignettes. Shame they killed the ability to add separately as page level.

Edited by 33andrain

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 12:40 PM, AlexWebsites said:

All I did was create a custom ad tag and insert that tag into the global template. Within the ad settings, I have it showing to guests only. I did nt use any IF statements. 

image.png.6e963a31b604ebc38819ba6caccbb622.png

It seemed to display more ads on mobile and it feels like it's slowing down the site a bit on smaller screens. I have everything on in adsense to show and it's too early to make a judgement so I'm going to continue to leave it up for a few days. 

Can you show me the code/syntax for adding that custom tag to the template please? I've got a custom block for that code, just wasn't sure of the syntax to use to insert it.
Thanks in advance... 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 8:55 PM, Théophraste said:

Hello, thank :).

And where change "div class 'google-auto-placed ap_container" please ?

Sincerly.

Thanks to @Adlago this code works for me, putting into design => custom css:

.ap_container { width: 300px; height: 250px; }
@media(min-width: 360px) {.ap_container { width: 336px !important; height: 280px !important; } }
@media(min-width: 500px) {.ap_containerr { width: 468px !important; height: 60px !important; } }
@media(min-width: 800px) {.ap_container { width: 400px !important; height: 200px !important; } }

If you don't use other ads, just uncomment the CSS in gloabl => responsive => gloabal.css:

/* GOOGLE AD CODE FOR RESPONSIVE ADS 
#ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 320px; height: 100px; }
@media (min-width:500px) { #ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
@media (min-width:1050px) { #ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }
*/

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, Gnuru said:

Thanks to @Adlago this code works for me, putting into design => custom css:

.ap_container { width: 300px; height: 250px; }
@media(min-width: 360px) {.ap_container { width: 336px !important; height: 280px !important; } }
@media(min-width: 500px) {.ap_containerr { width: 468px !important; height: 60px !important; } }
@media(min-width: 800px) {.ap_container { width: 400px !important; height: 200px !important; } }

This code fixed the issue on my board, thanks 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think that ads can be optimized better than auto ads.

1. Enable ad balance - 100%
2. Text ad under 1 post (not a banner)
3. 336x280 banner between 1 and 2 post
4. Text ad under x post (4-6)
5. Using the Google search engine

Is it possible for Mobile Users to upload other units. I am looking for the code <if> Mobile user </ if> then I would choose flexible units there.

6 hours ago, Forum Opel24 said:

1. Enable ad balance - 100%

Run an experiment in your AdSense account. For me Ad Balance about 50% works better.

2. Text ad under 1 post (not a banner)

What type? Fixed, responsible? I would opt in images as well. Or again run experiment to see if you can earn more on this placement with banners.

3. 336x280 banner between 1 and 2 post

For my experience it works better if you use responsible ads. Your ad unit gets more impressions and I would use data-format="horizontal" on this place and data-full-width-responsive="false" if you use default theme.

4. Text ad under x post (4-6)

The same as #2.

Is it possible for Mobile Users to upload other units. I am looking for the code <if> Mobile user </ if> then I would choose flexible units there.

Yes, it is possible. With ad-on 

I just implementet adsense auto ads, but I just made a normal advertisement, inserted the code insted of a picture and selected it to be displayed "just below the page header" and for guest, as for our site too over 90% of traffic is unregistered users. the ads now show only on top of the page, and nowhere else. and the other display choices doesnt work either. If I select all other options for showing in forums, between topics and whatever nothing happens. adsense console says 14000 impressions first day and 68 clicks. No idea how much thats going to amount to in real money. It says estimated 8 USD.
So this way of doing it sort of works.

edit: correction, I just spotted an ad in the middle of a blog posting.

Edited by NOJS