Sports Betting App ( Members Shop Add-On ) ( Support Topic )

Updated to 1.0.8

New Feature's

• Added a homepage for the application with 4 blocks
    • Shows the staff picks
    • Shows the newest bet selections
    • Shows the next bets to be suspended ( Can no longer gamble on )
    • Shows random bet selections
  • Added another time date setting for the bets so you can now pick a time to suspend betting and also the actual start time of the event
  • Added a new setting to the ACP allowing you to use smaller grid boxes for the tables ( These are the same sort of boxes in the new members shop update )
  • Added the ability to add bets to a betting slip instead of having to do them one at a time and a new page allowing them to select how many points they want to gamble on each bet
    • This feature has a 5 minute cron job removing any bets from the slips that are past the betting suspension time / date
      • Users will not see or be able to bet on any of their bets added they have added slip once the suspension time has passed
  • Removed the support for font-awesome 5 as it clashes with font-awesome 4 ( this feature will be back once I sort it out properly )
  • Changed the bet descrption to now use the editor allowing for you to put a nice description on the bet
  • Added a new page for each bet selection allowing users to click on the bet and view it on a new page with all the info on the bet and also the ability to bet or add it to the new betting slip

Demo

• 2 weeks later...

One more problem. In ACP DASHBOARD when i click on PENDING REQUEST i receive this error:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/applications/sportsbettingapp/modules/admin/main/requests.php(62): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(32)
#1 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(418): IPS\sportsbettingapp\modules\admin\main\_requests->IPS\sportsbettingapp\modules\admin\main\{closure}(32, Array)
#2 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(484): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#3 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/applications/sportsbettingapp/modules/admin/main/requests.php(86): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#4 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\sportsbettingapp\modules\admin\main\_requests->manage()
#5 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/applications/sportsbettingapp/modules/admin/main/requests.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\sportsbettingapp\modules\admin\main\_requests->execute()
#7 /home/csblackd/domains/csblackdevil.com/public_html/forums/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just downloaded the app and working on integrating it. 

I have a couple questions on betting.

1. Is there a way to have the follow for two choices.

Team A vs. Team B
Team A gets 5 points(they have to win by 6 or more)

Is there a way to have a selection to select Team A or Team B, then generate the winners and losers that way? Currently it looks like you have to create two separate bets to do this.

2. Is there a way to have 2+ choices and select a winner? For instance a horse race where there are 10 horses, picking the winner and getting the reward for picking the right winner.

Thanks

12 hours ago, IndianaJoe said:

Team A vs. Team B
Team A gets 5 points(they have to win by 6 or more)

Is there a way to have a selection to select Team A or Team B, then generate the winners and losers that way? Currently it looks like you have to create two separate bets to do this.

2. Is there a way to have 2+ choices and select a winner? For instance a horse race where there are 10 horses, picking the winner and getting the reward for picking the right winner.

Can you expain these a bit more please?

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Can you expain these a bit more please?

#1 is the easiest, it's standard betting
Team A vs. Team B
Choices for the bettors are Team A or Team B
Choices for admin would be A, B, or a draw(no one wins money refunded)
Admins can set the "line" such as Team A wins by 5 or something like that within the bet
Odds would be the same for each option.

Currently I would have to create two separate bets, one for Team A winning and one for Team B winning. I'd like to condense it so that it is one bet. 

#2 is like horse racing
Horse 1- odds 3.2
Horse 2- odds 2.7
Horse 3- odds 3-10
and so on
Personally for what I would do I'd like a max of 16, but even 5 would be good for now

Also while I have you on the line, is there a way to set a max bet? If not could there be? I might want to give people an easy win, but want to limit what they can make off of it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded the app.

I would create bets for football matchs but it's not easy to do that and it's not userfriendly for members to bet.

Best way would be to create a betting for "Team A vs Team B" and choose between Team A, Team B or draw to bet on these choice; 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, IndianaJoe said:

Team A vs. Team B
Choices for the bettors are Team A or Team B or draw
Choices for admin would be A, B, or a draw (no one wins money refunded)
Admins can set the "line" such as Team A wins by 5 or something like that within the bet
Odds would be the same for each option.

That would be perfect. 

Edited by Archimed
On 8/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, Archimed said:

When we won a bet and collect points, there is a notification "You won x Points". This notification is hard write on the code ? Because it's impossible to translate. @TheJackal84

Other problem :

When you create a new bet, it records the odds in the database but it does not display correctly on the site afterwards.

Example: 4,5 becomes 4 / 2,5 becomes 2 / ... It does not keep the number after the decimal point.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, IndianaJoe said:

Team A vs. Team B
Choices for the bettors are Team A or Team B
Choices for admin would be A, B, or a draw(no one wins money refunded)
Odds would be the same for each option.e a way to set a max bet? If not could there be? I might want to give people an easy win, but want to limit what they can make off of it.

Thanks

This kind of betting would be better for many websites asking for it.

@TheJackal84, please lety us know if you're managing to make this kind of betting on the next update of your app.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, Archimed said:

@TheJackal84 Hello, your app is very nice.

Thank you :biggrin:

41 minutes ago, Archimed said:

If I put "2.5" or "2,5" on the field "Cote", the system save "2,0".

I can not put a cote with a decimal, the system take only "1,0" or "2,0" or "3,0", etc..

I think this might have something to do with your language pack and the number values, Someone else had a problem a year odd ago with the decimals and it was their lang pack, I will check through my old support requests and see if I still have it there to check the completion of it and let you know

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...