Sports Betting App ( Members Shop Add-On ) ( Support Topic )

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

OK thanks that's working ok now apart from when clicking the button it takes the user to a page showing just the map and needs the user to click the back button. 

Hover the link and it will just show, you don't need to click it

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Maybe on a later version would be worth having all the bet info on that page aswell as the map ( would also allow members to search the site to see if their team has any bets available and get that page in the results as I don't think they can currently search for team bets can they?)

I will be doing a seperate section for more detailed descriptions of the selections

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Hover the link and it will just show, you don't need to click it

I can't hover on my mobile phone and get the map up. I keep getting to that map page no matter how cafefully I tap the button.

You know what users are like lol

3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Can you let us know an eta of the release that shows the team names correctly?

Many thanks

I don't have a ETA at the minute as I don't know how long my other bits are going to take.

I can give you a manual edit to the html in the theme so it will show on more lines but you will need to remember to revert the template back once there is a update

@TheJackal84 this seems an excellent app and I am looking forward to buying it.

Have occurred to you some sort of bet grouping?

I mean, at first, I was looking for an app that would list events and each event would have a list of bets that users could choose (1X2, First Scorer, First Goal, etc). However, after seeing your app, to make this doable, some option to group bets in a specific "event" would be great, like grouping events by "Manchester City vs Chelsea".

This would be so awesome.

All the other ideas suggested here are great tho.

9 hours ago, Ivo Pereira said:

@TheJackal84 this seems an excellent app and I am looking forward to buying it.

Have occurred to you some sort of bet grouping?

I mean, at first, I was looking for an app that would list events and each event would have a list of bets that users could choose (1X2, First Scorer, First Goal, etc). However, after seeing your app, to make this doable, some option to group bets in a specific "event" would be great, like grouping events by "Manchester City vs Chelsea".

This would be so awesome.

All the other ideas suggested here are great tho.

I am thinking of maybe doing something along the lines of how it is now with the grid, but instead of the grids being the actual bets it will link to a table what shows a whole list of betting selections for that event, Example it will say Man UTD vs Chelsea, it will have the venue and so on then where it says bet, it will say view selections, you click that and go to a table list of pre-defined admin selections, like first goalscorers and so on, I have not wrote or tried any of that yet, it is just something someone asked for and is floating around my head as it sounds a good idea, Follow the file and topic and you will get notifed of any updates, This is the next app on my list after I finish 1.0.5 of members shop

39 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I am thinking of maybe doing something along the lines of how it is now with the grid, but instead of the grids being the actual bets it will link to a table what shows a whole list of betting selections for that event, Example it will say Man UTD vs Chelsea, it will have the venue and so on then where it says bet, it will say view selections, you click that and go to a table list of pre-defined admin selections, like first goalscorers and so on, I have not wrote or tried any of that yet, it is just something someone asked for and is floating around my head as it sounds a good idea, Follow the file and topic and you will get notifed of any updates, This is the next app on my list after I finish 1.0.5 of members shop

That would be awesome.

Let us know here in the topic once it happens. Something like that would work great.

Just now, Ivo Pereira said:

That would be awesome.

Let us know here in the topic once it happens. Something like that would work great.

As I am looking at it, You can do something like that now, You can set 4 categories so example

• English Football
    • Premier League
      • Man UTD vs Chelsea
        • First Goal Scorer
          • List of selections
        • Final Score
          • List of selections
        • Yellow Cards
          • List of selections

And so on, the only thing it is missing is the table view instead of grids

OK so I have re-wrote a few things for the new update, You can now add unlimited sub categories allowing you to choose to add a massive selection of bets, you will be able to change the view from grid to table ( I actually prefer the tables now ), the category sidebar has been re-wrote so it is much nicer looking, there is also a new category table so users can search through them all nicely

oPYTY2Z.png

Z4z2omh.png

znH3dLp.png

fKsQS0E.png

0DHXaEY.png

MkHb3mz.png

this is still in development I dont have a release date but it shouldn't be too long as it's nearly finished, There is also a big update to members shop coming too ?

Edited by TheJackal84
11 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

this is still in development I dont have a release date but it shouldn't be too long as it's nearly finished, There is also a big update to members shop coming too

Will this update also fix the issue with the team names showing? ?

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Will this update also fix the issue with the team names showing? ?

it won't need it, you can set the titles etc differently, You will put them in their categories which will show the names so they can see, the title will be example Man Utd the desc will be, to beat Chelsea 2-0, If you want I can make you a patch to upload if you want it that way, but as the grid view re-sizes automatically to be the same size as the biggest one on the table, it will look ugly if you have one with a long title and the rest small, there will be a big gap with nothing in filling the space so it can match the biggest height grid box

Sports Betting App 1.0.2 has been released

New Features

• Add unlimited categories giving your members a massive selection of betting types to choose from
  • Rewrote the category sidebar so it looks a lot nicer
  • Added a new category listing for when there is no bets in that category it will show the category listings instead
  • Added a new table view so the bet selections look a lot nicer and are not so in your face ( You can pick or choose from grid view or table view in the ACP settings )

DEMO

Edited by TheJackal84
1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

That's a carousel widget, it's not designed to be in a table view

Hmm ok that still has the problem with the name not correctly showing then for the second team

All users can see is Chadderton FC WF vs Vintag... which makes the bet unbettable because the second team name cannot be seen

If you look at the 3rd bet on the home page here it has the same issue as previously reported

https://www.walkingfootball.com/

Edited by Unlucky
4 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hmm ok that still has the problem with the name not showing then

If you look at the 3rd bet on the home page here it has the same issue as previously reported

https://www.walkingfootball.com/

If you change the selection name to the team then in the description add the rest it will all be good, the name don't have to be example Manchester United vs Chelsea, You can put Manchester United then the description of " To beat Chelsea 2-0 ", the way you have it was just the way I set mine up in 1.0.0 you can do it anyway you wanted, Remember you can do unlimited categories and sub categories so it's best to find the way what suits you, You could even name the sub categories as the teams names etc then work out how you would want the bets to show

Edited by TheJackal84
3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

OK will work on doing that from now on thanks

When I was playing with it all there is a lot of ways you could set it all up, but it comes down to what you like, I like the way you have dates as categories etc maybe you can add the games as a sub to that and then work from there, You could do first goalscorers, first yellow card and so on as well don't forget

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, TheJackal84 said:

OK so I have re-wrote a few things for the new update, You can now add unlimited sub categories allowing you to choose to add a massive selection of bets, you will be able to change the view from grid to table ( I actually prefer the tables now ), the category sidebar has been re-wrote so it is much nicer looking, there is also a new category table so users can search through them all nicely

oPYTY2Z.png

Z4z2omh.png

znH3dLp.png

fKsQS0E.png

0DHXaEY.png

MkHb3mz.png

this is still in development I dont have a release date but it shouldn't be too long as it's nearly finished, There is also a big update to members shop coming too ?

has this been done ?