Sports Betting App ( Members Shop Add-On ) ( Support Topic )

6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I can't seem to delete a bet for some reason?

Mark it as won or lost then it will allow you to delete it, I done it that so that if someone already placed a bet on that selection then the admin deletes it, they won't get any info on that bet or payouts if they won etc as it's deleted

Hi,

How would you set an odds on bet?

IE - odds 2 to 1 on

Wiki - This is sometimes expressed with the smaller number first (1 to 2) but more often using the word "on" ("2 to 1 on") meaning that the event is twice as likely to happen as not. Note that the gambler who bets at "odds on" and wins will still be in profit, as his stake will be returned.

Edited by Unlucky
50 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

How would you set an odds on bet?

IE - odds 2 to 1 on

Wiki - This is sometimes expressed with the smaller number first (1 to 2) but more often using the word "on" ("2 to 1 on") meaning that the event is twice as likely to happen as not. Note that the gambler who bets at "odds on" and wins will still be in profit, as his stake will be returned.

The same if its 7 to 2 on then you would put 2.7 / 2/7 so he bets 7 to win 2 then he gets his 7 back so its 9, Odds on really means it is probably going to happen / win

If a horse raced a human then you would make the horse odd's on as you know it will win

38 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

One other thing, I think to help promote the betting shop to members and visitors it would be handy to be able to have a widget that displayed bets, maybe by staff pick or some other order /filtering options.

Yeah I can add that to the update I am writing already

30 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Can you confirm what information needs to go into the venue field?

I have added the following but nothing is opening up when the button is clicked.

Goals, Dagenham Leisure Park, Ripple Rd, Dagenham RM9 6XW

At the minute it just displays the venue name etc, in the update you will be able to embed a google map to hover and view

feQkacl.png&key=856e3481750e6a4aca820ab3

6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Sorry but got another problem

The second teams name is not being fully shown, IE

https://www.walkingfootball.com/bettingshop/

betting-shop.thumb.jpg.08a654376c240ef4a5f43ac7c239aa8c.jpg

I will make it so it goes to 2 lines maybe 3 with the vs in the middle

10 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The same if its 7 to 2 on then you would put 2.7 / 2/7 so he bets 7 to win 2

So just to clarify. I need to use the decimal point for odds on to work? with the number to the right of the decimal point the higher number?

Any idea on the eta of the new version? I just want to get an idea when to mailshot this new addition out to the members

Thanks again

12 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

So just to clarify. I need to use the decimal point for odds on to work? with the number to the right of the decimal point the higher number?

Any idea on the eta of the new version? I just want to get an idea when to mailshot this new addition out to the members

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hmmm just tried that and this doesnt look right to me for an odds on bet?

betting-shop-3-.thumb.jpg.6fc5c127c3baab4541261699a062fba0.jpg

betting-shop-2-.thumb.jpg.d7efc5640ee85fd0daa007d90826b12c.jpg

Sorry I just realised that the fractions / decimals is wrote in the new update, It should be out with-in the next 24-48 hours, I am in testing with it but will add the widget thing you said etc

Updated to 1.0.1

New Features

• You can pick to choose to either use Fractional odds ( UK ) or decimal odds ( USA, EU, ETC, ETC ) you can choose the format for each bet selection you create
  • Added a google maps embed to the venues ( These do not have to be used ) where when you hover / click the venue button it will show a google map of the place you selected ( For example set it to the stadium / venue it is being held )
  • Added a staff picks widget
Just now, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just installed new version but unfortunately the team names still not showing up correctly

Yeah for now if you hover it will show the full name, I didn't have time to add that to this update as I already had most of it wrote and I was in testing with it, Same as the categories they will be worked on more in the next update

Ok I will have to disable it for now as already had a team complain their name wasn't showing up correctly.

So I can't promote it with half of a teams name missing from view unfortunately

and also the google map isnt working either - when I add maps to calendar entries etc i put the address in and it shows fine but that's not working in this app.

What would I need to put in for this location to show for example -

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Ok I will have to disable it for now as already had a team complain their name wasn't showing up correctly.

So I can't promote it with half of a teams name missing from view unfortunately

and also the google map isnt working either - when I add maps to calendar entries etc i put the address in and it shows fine but that's not working in this app.

What would I need to put in for this location to show for example -

It works fine as its been tested on my site for nearly 3 days, it don't work the same as calendars it has a description of how to embed on the actual setting, you need to go to google maps type the location and click share then get the embed code ad put it in the setting.

There is only so much I can do in a certain time frame I can not fulfil each request with in a couple of days especially when the update was already wrote, Unless I put the actual update off until I have time to make more changes making you all wait days

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I put the share code in that google maps gave me and for some reason it's not working

This is the code google gave me for that address:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Goals/@51.532871,0.13252,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8d49b7f069a3b83e!8m2!3d51.532871!4d0.13252

But when i click the button on the bet I get this page just with text

https://www.walkingfootball.com/bettingshop/?do=maps&id=3

that is because you are using the share link and not the embed link, once you click share you will see tabs saying share link or embed map you need to click embed map

OK thanks that's working ok now apart from when clicking the button it takes the user to a page showing just the map and needs the user to click the back button.

Maybe on a later version would be worth having all the bet info on that page aswell as the map ( would also allow members to search the site to see if their team has any bets available and get that page in the results as I don't think they can currently search for team bets can they?)

We will wait for the next version with the team names showing correctly before using this & market it to our members then.

Thanks again for all your help.