Community

Adriano Faria

Email Address Confirmation

On 2/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, Adriano Faria said:

New version (today later) will confirm email address when they validated the account. :)

Would it be possible to also automatically confirm email addresses of all new accounts that have been created via Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.? These kind of account email addresses are not validated by the IPS system, so these new users are being asked to confirm their email immediately after signing up. We can assume their email is confirmed if the account was registered within the timespan set in your app. Thanks for this great tool!

Adriano, buddy!

Suggestion; possible to add a 'custom field' for adding where we want the app to redirect to, as of now it goes directly to the 'terms' page of the site. or at least an option to return back to previous page person was on where they did the update; at very least allow us to chose terms or main community page. 

I would love you , ah hell I already do, your work is phenomenal. 

Thanks for hearing me out.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, after confirming the terms page doesn't load (blank page).

https://www.mysite.com/terms/?do=emailconfirmationUpdateMember&mid=78&csrfKey=long_numberic_string&wasConfirmed=1

Refreshing the page loads the following:

Sorry, there is a problem

This email address is already confirmed

Error code: EMAIL ADDRESS CONFIRMATION/1

The confirmations are logged in the ACP as expected 👍 and the block is cleared from the source page on the front end as expected 👍

4.4.3 on both Chrome and Safari. 

Edited by bradl

1 minute ago, bradl said:

Hmm, after confirming the terms page doesn't load (blank page).

https://www.mysite.com/terms/?do=emailconfirmationUpdateMember&mid=78&csrfKey=long_numberic_string&wasConfirmed=1

Refreshing the page loads the following:

The confirmations are logged in the ACP as expected 👍 and the block is cleared from the source page on the front end as expected 👍

4.4.3 on both Chrome and Safari. 

I’ll take a look. 

38 minutes ago, bradl said:

after confirming the terms page doesn't load (blank page).

Can't reproduce. Works fine:

Anyway, made a change in the redirect and will send you via PM. See if it's ok then I'll release a new version today later.

What's New in Version 1.2.0:

Fix:

• Fix an issue related to the widget redirect under specific server configuration

Enhancement:

• Script optimization due to new marketplace guidelines
    • drop columns from members table and use own table to store members preferences

IPS 4.4 compatibility ONLY!

----------------------------------------------------

For NEW install of this app:

• After install this application, go to Admin CP Dashboard and take a look in the Background Process block. If you see the following:

zMTUJ03.png

it's enough to click in the link (yellow part above) and the install will finish properly.

Posted (edited)

Hey Adriano,

After updating to the latest version, the task locks up and I receive this error when I try to run it manually:

SELECT * FROM `core_members` WHERE emailconfirmation_confirmed=1
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'emailconfirmation_confirmed' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /home/***/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\emailconf...', Array, true)
#1 /home/***/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/***/public_html/applications/emailconfirmation/tasks/emailConfirmation.php(39): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/***/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\emailconfirmation\tasks\_emailConfirmation->execute()
#4 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#5 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#6 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#8 /home/***/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

App version 1.2.0 running on Invision 4.4.3

Edited by Alismora