How to use permissions for access to downloads

kar3n2

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes. ACP -> System -> Applications click in Downloads name -> it will show a new line, probably called Downloads-> click in the pad lock and remove permissions for the groups you want.

gr8. THANKS

I haven't got the downloads yet and my asking was just before setting it up whether I could have only certain groups access the purchases of a downloads. So at least now I know its possible.

It's a bit of a shame really ( not IPS fault by any means) all this EU vat thing as I will need to restrict any digital sales to my UK members only. ( we are a UK initiative btw, but there might be a few members from overseas which I cannot block by law)

On 2/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes. ACP -> System -> Applications click in Downloads name -> it will show a new line, probably called Downloads-> click in the pad lock and remove permissions for the groups you want.

This disables the entire app for those groups.  

You can also simply set permissions per category to not download the file, but they can still view.  

There is no setting that specifically prohibits a group from paying / accessing paid files.  

Archived