Required Security Update for Facebook Login

Markus Jung

I got this message from Facebook for Developers:

In 35 days, we're making a security update to Facebook Login that will invalidate calls from URIs not listed in the Valid OAuth redirect URIs field of your Facebook Login settings.

This update comes in response to malicious activity we saw on our platform, and we want to protect your app or website by requiring a new strict mode for redirect URIs. Take action now to ensure your redirect traffic continues to work.

Did you also get this message? Is there anything I have to do (I use Facebook Login for my community)? 

2 minutes ago, Markus Jung said:

Is there anything I have to do (I use Facebook Login for my community)? 

Yes. Add the proper redirect URL in the Facebook settings. Enable Strict Mode. Test the Facebook login on your site. 

The redirect URL looks like this https://yoursite.com/applications/core/interface/facebook/auth.php

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully and if so is there some special trick to it I am missing? I tried putting that (appropriately changed) URI in the "Valid OAuth redirect URIs" field but now when I try it just kicks me back to my site's login page with a "Something went wrong. Please try again" error.

13 hours ago, Linguica said:

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully and if so is there some special trick to it I am missing? I tried putting that (appropriately changed) URI in the "Valid OAuth redirect URIs" field but now when I try it just kicks me back to my site's login page with a "Something went wrong. Please try again" error.

Yes,

On 13-2-2018 at 12:54 PM, opentype said:

Yes. Add the proper redirect URL in the Facebook settings. Enable Strict Mode. Test the Facebook login on your site. 

The redirect URL looks like this https://yoursite.com/applications/core/interface/facebook/auth.php

Works for my, thanks @opentype!

Archived