Swiper Slider [ support topic ]

Hi Taman, love the slider application. 

I am having an issue getting the slider to display with a new theme I picked up. 
Due to not having an issue with the slider on my last theme I assume the issue is that with the new theme and not the slider application. 

I have reached out to the developers for the theme (Borx) and I 'believe' they are looking into it.
I wanted to reach out to see if you should take a glance at the slider, if at all possible, to confirm my suspicion that this is in fact an issue with the new theme and not the slider application. 

The site is www.warpigs-online.com - thank you

5 hours ago, Jesse Crystal said:

Hi Taman, love the slider application. 

I am having an issue getting the slider to display with a new theme I picked up. 
Due to not having an issue with the slider on my last theme I assume the issue is that with the new theme and not the slider application. 

I have reached out to the developers for the theme (Borx) and I 'believe' they are looking into it.
I wanted to reach out to see if you should take a glance at the slider, if at all possible, to confirm my suspicion that this is in fact an issue with the new theme and not the slider application. 

The site is www.warpigs-online.com - thank you

Hello,

Did they fix it? because I can see swiper slider works on your website now. 🙂

Edited by TAMAN
  • 1 month later...
On 7/22/2018 at 2:12 AM, TAMAN said:

Hello, 

Change the code to this one 

.ta_sliderToggle, .ta_sliderToggle + .elUserNav_sep {display:none !important}

and you paste it like this ? 

e8fa3637115b0d46c9987fb4b85b4b50.png

Hi, 

I've done the same to prevent users hiding the slider, but it does not reset the display status for the users. I think it should be reset directly into the database, can you tell me which field in which table should I reset please ?

Thankyou,
Z

5 hours ago, Zorro_X said:

Hi, 

I've done the same to prevent users hiding the slider, but it does not reset the display status for the users. I think it should be reset directly into the database, can you tell me which field in which table should I reset please ?

Thankyou,
Z

Hello,

You cant do that with css, if you hide the toggle it will be hidden for all and those who disabled the slider can no longer enable it.

I will try to add a setting for that with next update. 

Hi Taman! We are having an odd issue here:

image.png.d4d9769e49adc893fd566070821544cc.png

That template error is from a Pages feed from our Developer Blog database, which anyone including guests can see. This is from the guests POV. Members are also reporting this issue. However, it appears perfectly fine when viewed from the Admin side:

image.thumb.png.932e9637acb18d7d6eb0f66e885c6c4b.png

It displays and swipes as expected. Any help here appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Fixed, but had to do a complete reinstall.

Edited by AlexWright
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the permissions tab under settings I have added my moderator group to the "who can manage" selector, but my moderators do not have the option "New Slider" in their create new item menu.

Is there another setting somewhere that I missed so they can see this and add slides? 

Also a feature request would be a shuffle toggle so the slides can be in a random order each page load. ^^

Edited by Averis
7 hours ago, Averis said:

In the permissions tab under settings I have added my moderator group to the "who can manage" selector, but my moderators do not have the option "New Slider" in their create new item menu.

Is there another setting somewhere that I missed so they can see this and add slides? 

Check the swiper slider app admin permissions under Member > Administrators

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, TAMAN said:

Hello,

You cant do that with css, if you hide the toggle it will be hidden for all and those who disabled the slider can no longer enable it.

I will try to add a setting for that with next update. 

Did you had time to do it in the IPS V4.4.X new version ?

If yes, I don't see where it is...

If no, any Idea when ?

Thankyou,

D

4 hours ago, Dexter_X said:

Did you had time to do it in the IPS V4.4.X new version ?

If yes, I don't see where it is...

If no, any Idea when ?

Thankyou,

D

Sorry,

No idea when and i haven't had time for new updates.

unless there are issues with the application there wont be any updates soon unfortunately  

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Markus Jung said:

Is it possible to use the slider only on forum home (that is my homepage) and not an all forum pages?

When you add a slider you can only select which application to show the slider for, but with css you can hide from other places

for example select the forums so it only shows in forums app

and then add this to your theme custom.css

this will hide the slider from showing on topics page

.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="topic"] .ta_Slider {display:none}

11 minutes ago, Markus Jung said:

And do I have to make any template changes?

What template change? for what? why do you need to edit the app templates? 

anyway, I cant really provide support or help you with template edits

12 minutes ago, Markus Jung said:

I installed the plugin and setup a slider, but it is not showing.

Check the "Who can see?" setting in the main Swiper slider settings. 

and when you add a slider, there is also another "Who can see?" setting to check it out 🙂 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:17 PM, TAMAN said:

When you add a slider you can only select which application to show the slider for, but with css you can hide from other places

for example select the forums so it only shows in forums app

and then add this to your theme custom.css

this will hide the slider from showing on topics page

.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="topic"] .ta_Slider {display:none}

i this use and works but i want show something only on forums index no on topic listing

i try this 

.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="forum"] .ipsShow_Forums {display:none}

but this not work :(

51 minutes ago, Zdeněk Tůma said:

i this use and works but i want show something only on forums index no on topic listing

i try this 

.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="forum"] .ipsShow_Forums {display:none}

thats not what i have posted

PLEASE copy paste my code 🤨

I use this 

.ipsShow_Forums {display:none}
.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"] .ipsShow_Forums {display:block}
.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="topic"] .ipsShow_Forums {display:none}

but in subforums and topic list still showing i want this only on .../forums/  no in /forums/forum/id...

Edited by Zdeněk Tůma
5 hours ago, Zdeněk Tůma said:

I use this 

.ipsShow_Forums {display:none}
.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"] .ipsShow_Forums {display:block}
.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="topic"] .ipsShow_Forums {display:none}

but in subforums and topic list still showing i want this only on .../forums/  no in /forums/forum/id...

please use what i have posted in my first reply to you. 🙂 

I have no clue what you are trying to do here

If you are trying to hide the slider from everywhere BUT your forums first page. The index

then use this code below

This will hide the slider everywhere but your forums index page 

.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ta_Slider {display:block}
.ta_Slider {display:none}

Edited by TAMAN
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 4:17 PM, TAMAN said:
On 6/27/2019 at 4:01 PM, Markus Jung said:

I installed the plugin and setup a slider, but it is not showing.

Check the "Who can see?" setting in the main Swiper slider settings. 

and when you add a slider, there is also another "Who can see?" setting to check it out 🙂 

I checked both settings and selected my Admin Group. But the slider is not showing to me.

This will hide the slider everywhere but your forums index page 

.ipsApp[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ta_Slider {display:block}
.ta_Slider {display:none}

I did this.