Swiper Slider [ support topic ]

• 1 month later...

Hello, Taman,

After looking over your app, I see all kinds of options were to show this awesome slider, but would like to show it only from the system page. The main system shows "all activity feed" and would like to put a nice slider their above it. Ideas how we could get this done? As I would love to have it in with only just activity steam. 

desktop.thumb.png.7fb7740be2d6e386712c2febc1306fc7.png

1 hour ago, mrbowers said:

Hello, Taman,

After looking over your app, I see all kinds of options were to show this awesome slider, but would like to show it only from the system page. The main system shows "all activity feed" and would like to put a nice slider their above it. Ideas how we could get this done? As I would love to have it in with only just activity steam. 

desktop.thumb.png.7fb7740be2d6e386712c2febc1306fc7.png

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible on the current version.

18 minutes ago, mrbowers said:

Are you able to update it in the next version ? For now I will set it to all and with users able to turn it on and off them self;s. 

Sorry, I don't have any update plans for next version, and I only update to fix issues and improvements.

I also can't promise you anything. But thanks for the suggestion 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 1.0.7

-1.0.7: You can now create sliders and select where to show more easily and all during the slider creation.
        All options regarding "Where to show, Excludes" in the Main settings has been removed or moved in during slide creation.

-1.0.7: Fixed an issue with sliders leaving a big empty gap on pages that does not show the slider.
-1.0.7: Minor bug fixes and improvements.
-1.0.7: Updated Swiper Slider to latest version.

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, amator said:

Does custom sliders content support multi-languages? If not, can you add this? 

Sorry, conetent field does not support multi languages and I don't have any plans to add it, so I can't promise anything.

1 hour ago, amator said:

To pick a specific block and show as a slider would be also great

Do you mean adding the slider as a widget?

If so, no it's not possible

Hi, 

Thankyou for this app, it is exactly what I was looking in order to create a gallery the community can feed to directly have they pictures on the top of the forum ! 🙂

But here is my bug report & feedback :

Bug report :

• It seems the "Feed from gallery" -> "Where to show" has no effect (and the commerce app is not shown in the list).

Strange behaviour :

• The texture overlay has no option to match the visible zone. To add some frame effects playing with transparency it could have been useful to make it match the swipper container zone.

Function request :

• I would have appreciated to have the choice of placing the content section & button in the top or bottom insteand of always in the center.

Thankyou for your attention and best regards,

Z

Edited by Zorro_X

Hello,

1 hour ago, Zorro_X said:

Bug report :

• It seems the "Feed from gallery" -> "Where to show" has no effect (and the commerce app is not shown in the list).

thanks for letting me know, I just updated the app, please re-download and update 🙂 

Function request :

• I would have appreciated to have the choice of placing the content section & button in the top or bottom insteand of always in the center.

Do you mean the whole content? if so then it can easily be done with css.

Strange behaviour :

• The texture overlay has no option to match the visible zone. To add some frame effects playing with transparency it could have been useful to make it match the swipper container zone.

The texture needs to be transparent, or make it transparent using any photo editing app like photoshop for example 

it can also be edited with css i can help on that if you want 🙂 

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

thanks for letting me know, I just updated the app, please re-download and update 🙂 

Thank-you, i'll try it.

Do you mean the whole content? if so then it can easily be done with css.

ok, you're right, thankyou.

The texture needs to be transparent, or make it transparent using any photo editing app like photoshop for example 

It is already transparent. The problem is the texture is always put in "repeat" mode. I would appreciate if it had the possibility to be in "single" mode and "fit" in the whole area if you prefer... It is maybe a "hack" but it is the way I found it useful...

Edited by Zorro_X
23 minutes ago, Zorro_X said:

It is already transparent. The problem is the texture is always put in "repeat" mode. I would appreciate if it had the possibility to be in "single" mode and "fit" in the whole area if you prefer... It is maybe a "hack" but it is the way I found it useful...

It should be in repeat mode. because textures are usually small and needs to be repeated to fill the whole area 

If you don't want that, then you would need to upload a big texture the same size as the slider container so it fits. otherwise, how would you fit a small image in a big container without repeating it? 🙂   

Edited by TAMAN
21 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

It should be in repeat mode. because textures are usually small and needs to be repeated to fill the whole area 

If you don't want that, then you would need to upload a big texture the same size as the slider container so it fits. otherwise, how would you fit a small image in a big container without repeating it? 🙂   

Yes, I understand your point of view. But mine is that I don't use it as a repeated texture to avoid copy but as a frame border definition.
Here you can find a simple (and not finished) frame mask I've tried to use, maybe you'll understand better by taking a look. 😉 mask.thumb.png.a7c7c6cc70833c9dbb8f43472240cb5e.png

It's me again, I've tried your latest update (1.0.8) :

. The display per app works better but it is still not OK :

• It is not displayed anymore while in the activity tab ;
  • The list of applications in the "feed from gallery" -> slider -> Where to show? still does not display the Commerce App neither any other Applications tabs installed other than :  "Forum", "Gallery", "Calendar" and "Pages". It seems not dynamic or don't working as it should... 😕 

. I've a new bug report regarding translation strings : The Settings -> Effects & Colours -> Sliding Effect -> Sliding Effects list does not seam "translatable" : there are no strings to translate "Slide", "Fade", "Cube", ...

Thankyou for your attention,

Best regards,

Z

Edited by Zorro_X
17 minutes ago, Zorro_X said:

Yes, I understand your point of view. But mine is that I don't use it as a repeated texture to avoid copy but as a frame border definition.
Here you can find a simple (and not finished) frame mask I've tried to use, maybe you'll understand better by taking a look. 😉 

I understand, it is just not possible. 

as i said your image needs to be exactly the same size as the slider container, otherwise there are no hacks or any methods to make that frame perfectly fit the container, because the frame is small and the container is bigger. 

maybe if we cut the image in half and then with css set each one on each sides of the container, thats the only css method i could help with. 

if you want it, cut the image in half and attach it in your reply, i will try to do some css hacking for you lol 

5 minutes ago, Zorro_X said:
  • It is not displayed anymore while in the activity tab ;
  • The list of applications in the "feed from gallery" -> slider -> Where to show? still does not display the Commerce App neither any other Applications tabs installed other than :  "Forum", "Gallery", "Calendar" and "Pages". It seems not dynamic or don't working as it should... 😕 

Can you please take a screenshot of the setting? 

you should be able to see all apps, and the system app.

02a5fe7a716d5ccdf5e81e52b0bbcde3.png

note: i do not have commerce app installed, 

12 minutes ago, Zorro_X said:

. I've a new bug report regarding translation strings : The Settings -> Effects & Colours -> Sliding Effect -> Sliding Effects list does not seam "translatable" : there are no strings to translate "Slide", "Fade", "Cube", ...

Not a bug. I never added language strings for these words. but i can add it another time.

Can i ask why would you need to translate these words! are you translating the app? 🙂

Hi @TAMAN,

I was just about to update from 1.0.6 when I read this:

-1.0.8: Removed "Pages" pages setting from where to show settings as this causes issues due to its complexity mixing with apps and and single pages.
        If you must use this setting then use version 1.0.6

Does this mean we can no longer specify individual pages the Slider displays on?  I hope this isn't gone, since this is the reason I bought it in the first place!

Just now, liquidfractal said:

Hi @TAMAN,

I was just about to update from 1.0.6 when I read this:

Does this mean we can no longer specify individual pages the Slider displays on?  I hope this isn't gone, since this is the reason I bought it in the first place!

You can stick to version 1.0.6 it is still available and works there.

The setting will be added back for next version hopefully.