Swiper Slider [ support topic ]

15 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Sorry to be a pain again, under Additional excludes: - Would it be possible to add topic listings too? (for your next update/bug fix) - I'd like to only show the slider on the forums home page and no where else.

I will try to ? 

Edited by TAMAN
On 4/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, TAMAN said:

AGH!!

I totally forgot about this ?

So sorry,

I will add another update soon

Not today tho

+++1 for this great idea of having different sliders on different apps/pages (having the option for a different slider on a per-page basis would be totally cool granularity :cool:).

I'd also add that it would be great to be able to configure, on a per-slider basis, whether or not members could toggle on/off.  Once people have registered I might want them to be able to turn off my splash page advertised-services slider, but maybe I want everyone to see a different slider for as long as I want to broadcast it. :biggrin:

On 4/26/2018 at 3:27 AM, TAMAN said:

Basically, This app can be excluded from any applications you have installed, for example excluding it from showing on downloads application entirely OR adding sliders to show on downloads app but NOT on index only or categories ? 

Ok, I guess this answers one of my questions: it can't be set splash-page only.  But as long as my members can get rid of it if they want after they register, that's still a good idea!  Does the toggle state persist with the member's last choice, e.g. if they log in the following day will it still be toggled as they previously set it?

Edited by liquidfractal
42 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Ok, I guess this answers one of my questions: it can't be set splash-page only.  But as long as my members can get rid of it if they want after they register, that's still a good idea!  Does the toggle state persist with the member's last choice, e.g. if they log in the following day will it still be toggled as they previously set it?

Yes, the toggle is cached ? 

Just now, JohnCourt said:

Taman, can I assign links to the slider images? So if the slider image is clicked, the user is directed to a page or specific forum? Thanks.

Sorry, Not possible. 

you can add a link along with the editor as a button like this for example

<a class="ta_sliderButton" href="LINK HERE">Buy now<i class="fa fa-arrow-right" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>

Just now, TAMAN said:

Sorry, Not possible. 

you can add a link along with the editor as a button like this for example

<a class="ta_sliderButton" href="LINK HERE">Buy now<i class="fa fa-arrow-right" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>

Well I think that would work for my purposes, so there is an option for a button to display in each slider, for example a button could be titled "Widget Forums" within the slider image, and the user clicks the button and is directed to "Widget Forums".  Correct?

Well I think that would work for my purposes, so there is an option for a button to display in each slider, for example a button could be titled "Widget Forums" within the slider image, and the user clicks the button and is directed to "Widget Forums".  Correct?

Yes ? 

For example when you create a custom slider and when you add contents in the editor field, you can paste the link i posted above inside at the end as an html and the link shows as a nice button like this

4e02e550d54d06dd26898ff24e0b2bea.png

Thank you much Taman, before I pull the big lever for purchase, one last question, I know the docs mentioned it, but I just want to make sure, I only want the slider to appear on one single page in our community, can I configure it for that purpose? Thanks again.

Thank you much Taman, before I pull the big lever for purchase, one last question, I know the docs mentioned it, but I just want to make sure, I only want the slider to appear on one single page in our community, can I configure it for that purpose? Thanks again.

If you mean "Pages" application pages then Yes. ? 

9 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Yes ? 

For example when you create a custom slider and when you add contents in the editor field, you can paste the link i posted above inside at the end as an html and the link shows as a nice button like this

4e02e550d54d06dd26898ff24e0b2bea.png

Hi @TAMAN,

I bought both your Swiper Slider and the News Ticker. ? A couple of things:

1. I tried using the code for the "Buy now" button, and the button comes up but the words have a link underline where ideally I'd like them to not be underlined. Is there more inline code I could include to change the word style?
  2. Could you please explain how one gets the slider to appear only on the homepage, as you indicated I could do?  I obviously know I can select certain apps and pages, but as I'm not sure how Pages classifies the homepage I'm not sure how to exclude the SS from every page except the homepage.

Thanks!

Edited by liquidfractal
58 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Hi @TAMAN,

I bought both your Swiper Slider and the News Ticker. ? A couple of things:

1. I tried using the code for the "Buy now" button, and the button comes up but the words have a link underline where ideally I'd like them to not be underlined. Is there more inline code I could include to change the word style?
  2. Could you please explain how one gets the slider to appear only on the homepage, as you indicated I could do?  I obviously know I can select certain apps and pages, but as I'm not sure how Pages classifies the homepage I'm not sure how to exclude the SS from every page except the homepage.

Thanks!

If you're using the above "link" code, in Custom.css add:

.ta_sliderButton a { text-decoration: none; }

Then in the ACP > Swiper Slider > Settings:

image.thumb.png.b450418da0b596a045c0ab92f4cf9df1.png

Find out which page your home page is, exclude all others by selecting them.

Thanks @AlexWright...but for some reason the custom.css code isn't doing anything, and I had already checked the page liting and don't have a "home" selection. Double whammy! :wacko:

EDIT: never mind...for some strange reason the home page is titled differently, so the home page issue is worked out.  But apparently the persistence link underlining is a CSS issue according to some quick Google research. :huh:

Edited by liquidfractal
1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

Thanks @AlexWright...but for some reason the custom.css code isn't doing anything, and I had already checked the page liting and don't have a "home" selection. Double whammy! :wacko:

EDIT: never mind...for some strange reason the home page is titled differently, so the home page issue is worked out.  But apparently the persistence link underlining is a CSS issue according to some quick Google research. :huh:

Can you PM me a link to your site?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Have bought 2 of your themes but I want to buy and use it with another theme. Does it works with all themes?

Also I read in the first page of this thread that you plan to include a feature for different slider per page and not just a global slider for all pages. Have you did it?

Thank you

Chris

Edited by ChrisTERiS

Hello,

Just now, ChrisTERiS said:

Have bought 2 of your themes but I want to buy and use it with another theme. Does it works with all themes?

Also I read in the first page of this thread that you plan to include a feature for different slider per page and not just a global slider for all pages. Have you did it?

Yes ? 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, cristian romero garcia said:

Hello, @TAMAN excellent complement Swiper Slider I just need to know how this for all users the tab that is shown at the top. attached image: 

Hello,

Its already for all users, Just not guests. ? 

This is the secondary navbar space in default IPS theme. this isn't something in Swiper slider 

also, its not good to remove it. unless you don't want secondary navigation 

7 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

Its already for all users, Just not guests. ? 

This is the secondary navbar space in default IPS theme. this isn't something in Swiper slider 

also, its not good to remove it. unless you don't want secondary navigation 

Hi, thanks for your answer you can guide me how to eliminate that white bar. and another thing as I can hide this attached screen caputra:

1603862481_Screenshotatjul2014-03-30.thumb.png.48fe1d411c411f5d90b021bb34719443.png

Sincerely, thank you very much

and another thing as I can hide this attached screen caputra:

Add this to custom.css 

.ta_sliderToggle {display:none}

Hi, thanks for your answer you can guide me how to eliminate that white bar.

Sorry, i cant help on that, it will cause you issues in navigation if you remove it. its better to leave it like how it is

On 7/21/2018 at 12:41 AM, TAMAN said:

Add this to custom.css 

.ta_sliderToggle {display:none}

Hello, again I hope everything is fine. please give me details where to add the code please attach caputra of what I see. I do not know clearly where the code has to go: ttttt.thumb.png.4afa06f2ee24f90588ed7462cac11cca.png

Sincerely my apologies for the ignorance. thanks for your support

Hello, again I hope everything is fine. please give me details where to add the code please attach caputra of what I see. I do not know clearly where the code has to go:

Sincerely my apologies for th ignorance. thanks for your support

Hello, 

Change the code to this one 

.ta_sliderToggle, .ta_sliderToggle + .elUserNav_sep {display:none !important}

and you paste it like this ? 

e8fa3637115b0d46c9987fb4b85b4b50.png