Swiper Slider [ support topic ]

1 hour ago, Cyboman said:
  • 1 slider set with 3 slides on top of the downloads index page only? I don't want to see it on every downloads page...
  • another slider set with 4 different slides (only raffles slides, images manually inserted) on top of the raffles app on the index page only?

Hello,

• No, it will show on any pages of downloads, No specific pages like categories or index of downloads...etc 
  • No 3rd party apps. But you can create a slider to show everywhere on your website or IPS apps only
    You have these two settings when you create a slider 

f36abc02aeb954920b2e9d3d34f657d1.png

1 hour ago, Cyboman said:

And second, if I have a slider on the downloads app only, can I...

• specify what specific image from the screenshots will be used?

No, The slider will use the primary screenshot of the file ?

Ok, thanks for the response.

But I think, I won't be able to use it like it is unfortunately, as my active members will shoot me down directly, if they have to scroll down the same slider in 200.000 pages with millions of topics and posts. It might be good as it is for small communities, where admins start to build their site, but a huge, dominating slider on top of every page or every apps page is "too much mono-slider" ?

Maybe an update will help in the future to have different slider sets on different single (index) pages to avoid seeing the same all the time., Anyway, good luck and I like your works!

17 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

But I think, I won't be able to use it like it is unfortunately, as my active members will shoot me down directly, if they have to scroll down the same slider in 200.000 pages with millions of topics and posts. It might be good as it is for small communities, where admins start to build their site, but a huge, dominating slider on top of every page or every apps page is "too much mono-slider" ?

Thats not possible even if i wanted to do it, its not like pages app when i can target page id's 

i could target the index of downloads or the categories thats all, but 200,000 pages of each of the files? ? this is a big ass slider best suitable for homepages and landing pages ? 

Basically, This app can be excluded from any applications you have installed, for example excluding it from showing on downloads application entirely OR adding sliders to show on downloads app but NOT on index only or categories ? 

23 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Maybe an update will help in the future to have different slider sets on different single (index) pages to avoid seeing the same all the time., Anyway, good luck and I like your works!

Thank you ? 

32 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

i could target the index of downloads or the categories thats all, but 200,000 pages of each of the files? ? this is a big ass slider best suitable for homepages and landing pages ? 

Yes, that's what I meant, targeting only the index pages of

• downloads: show there slide 1, 2, 3 (= the slider set A)
  • raffles: show there the slides 4, 5, 6 (= the slider set B) - I know you said "no" to third party apps, but maybe it's not that hard to code app="raffles"&location="index" or similar :laugh:

But more important is, that I can have 2 independent slider sets with different slides on different apps ^^

So I have slider set A only on the downloads index page and slider set B only on the raffles (or gallery) index page

Result: each slider is shown only once, each on 1 (index) page! 2 sliders = 2 index pages. This would help to not overload the slider experience ?

4 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Yes, that's what I meant, targeting only the index pages of

• downloads: show there slide 1, 2, 3 (= the slider set A)
  • raffles: show there the slides 4, 5, 6 (= the slider set B) - I know you said "no" to third party apps, but maybe it's not that hard to code app="raffles"&location="index" or similar :laugh:

But more important is, that I can have 2 independent slider sets with different slides on different apps ^^

So I have slider set A only on the downloads index page and slider set B only on the raffles (or gallery) index page

Result: each slider is shown only once, each on 1 (index) page! 2 sliders = 2 index pages. This would help to not overload the slider experience ?

Sure, maybe in future updates ? 

Thank you.

Edited by TAMAN

I like this slider but its still showing in places where I do not want it to. Such as user profiles, account settings ect... I have it set up to only show on one specific page(home) with pages, but its still showing up where I don't want it to. Some assistance on correcting this would be nice.

settings.thumb.png.c6e74bf7286ae9c235615605dcf5a5f2.png

Just now, Aso said:

I like this slider but its still showing in places where I do not want it to. Such as user profiles, account settings ect... I have it set up to only show on one specific page(home) with pages, but its still showing up where I don't want it to. Some assistance on correcting this would be nice.

Exclude from apps means the slider will be excluded for the applications you select and not anything like user profiles, user profiles is a core module and is not an application

same as for the pages pages, it excludes it from the pages you select.

But... I will add user profiles in the additional excludes field in next version ? 

Edited by TAMAN

Its much more than just user profiles..... Another example is the staff page.

Like I said, I really like the slider. There should be an option to just say, I want it on THIS page, and this page only. You already have this option on the individual slides that I create, why not expand that to the slider itself?

I appreciate that you are going to include user profiles in the next update, but that doesn't help me now. Anything to do in the meantime to prevent it?

IPS support tool reports a database problem:

ALTER TABLE `core_members` CHANGE COLUMN `ss_membertoggle` `ss_membertoggle` BIT (1) NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Toggles the Swiper Slider ON/OFF'

Neither the tool "Fix automatically" nor a manual run of the queries via phpMyAdmin can change this. Any ideas?

Edited by TKO74
Just now, TKO74 said:

Neither the tool "Fix automatically" nor a manual run of the queries via phpMyAdmin can change this. Any ideas?

On the latest version? show full error

Or try a reinstall maybe! ? 

26 minutes ago, TKO74 said:

new version added in marketplace fixing this issue and some improvements 

re-download and update ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Problem upgrading from version 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 on 4.3.2. I can install or upgrade other applications just fine.

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Edited by Aso
13 minutes ago, Aso said:

Problem upgrading from version 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 on 4.3.2. I can install or upgrade other applications just fine.

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

I will check this later

for now download and upgrade to version 1.0.4 by clicking on channellog in marketplace

and then upgrade to 1.0.5

Thank you

Edited by TAMAN
22 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I will check this later

for now download and upgrade to version 1.0.4 by clicking on channellog in marketplace

and then upgrade to 1.0.5

Thank you

Just tried this. Version 1.0.4 gives the same error message.

Just now, Aso said:

Just tried this. Version 1.0.4 gives the same error message.

mmm, wired

doesnt happen here.

Do you have a lot of sliders added? if not, then simply do a fresh install maybe?

Edited by TAMAN
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CP_User said:

Would it be possible to have a read more button to which you can add a link to, just like on the magnum theme? Be really useful for sending people to more info.

You can add the link along with the Content filed :)