Accept terms popup before users can enter an app

Steve Bullman

Hi, I am working on a new section on my forums and have a problem I need to work out the best way of tackling

So basically it is a directory I am creating, but I need anyone accessing it to agree to a new set of terms and conditions.  The obvious way seems to be to have a pop up when they first click on the new section, but maybe theres another way, im hoping someone here might have had to do similar in the past?

Also, it would be good if I could make it so anyone creating a new listing was automatically added to a secondary usergroup, again I wonder if this is possible?
There is the option of making it so you have to join a usergroup to see the section but thats not really an option at all as I want google to be able to access the site.  

Speaking about google, will a pop in with terms and conditions stop google from indexing the rest?

Looking for suggestions anyways, thanks!

You will probably get more answers, if you name your topic "Accept terms popup before users can enter an app" and not "I need help"... Usually I don't look into this sort of topics at all...

Concerning the problem: We've recently and also many times before discussed about such legal obligations (f.e. accepting terms before entering an app or clicking on a function button), and most of the IPS apps as well as the third party apps have problems in offering this functionality. 

We can only hope, that IPS will recognize this request as an essential development task for business users. Or we require a third party developer that is interested in such a feature (-> this developer will probably become rich). I suggested to have an ACP option to add a checkmark field and a linked text line before any button (configure in ACP by button ID). But your idea to have whole apps/categories/sections terms required before being able to enter an app is also interesting and better than the actual state.

3 hours ago, Cyboman said:

You will probably get more answers, if you name your topic "Accept terms popup before users can enter an app" and not "I need help"... Usually I don't look into this sort of topics at all...

Concerning the problem: We've recently and also many times before discussed about such legal obligations (f.e. accepting terms before entering an app or clicking on a function button), and most of the IPS apps as well as the third party apps have problems in offering this functionality. 

We can only hope, that IPS will recognize this request as an essential development task for business users. Or we require a third party developer that is interested in such a feature (-> this developer will probably become rich). I suggested to have an ACP option to add a checkmark field and a linked text line before any button (configure in ACP by button ID). But your idea to have whole apps/categories/sections terms required before being able to enter an app is also interesting and better than the actual state.

Thank you for the reply, and yes I really couldn't decide what to name the topic so thanks for your suggestion, taken on board :)

Archived