Able to set another tab in profile as default

Inlens

1 minute ago, demvlg said:

I use plugin, but it should be built-in.

I'm here since 2007. One single example: I've seen several requests to add something like a social group, etc., since then. They made Clubs. Now. Something like that I do agree that should be in Core.

Tiny things like your requests, will be better handled via 3rd-party resources.

Believe me.

It is a bit weird how you can't set a default tab in Profile, though. :blink:

The profile almost appears to work like there are two profiles*. The About Me tab (if it exists on a site) would be the most obvious candidate for default on a lot of sites.

It's also odd to my mind that when you go to a profile you see a list of Activity first, under the tab heading "Activity", but then you spot the button that says "See my Activity", er, I thought I was!

"See my Activity" should probably read Detailed Activity or See All Activity, since that's what it shows (aside from the Status Update input box above it, whilst the Activity tab should probably read as something else, as it's kind of like the condensed Activity Stream option.

*"See my Activity" doesn't seem a cohesive part of Profile, since there are no breadcrumbs or navigation elements to suggest you've gone deeper into a Profile, other than another button that says "View Profile" which suggests you ar no longer in the person's profile. 

Meh, semantics. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, demvlg said:

I dont know why this button named "activity" indeed.

70cfbb1f82dd9f9c0aa111a183136557.png.35a073668f8ae4e9148063598931f860.png

In russian translation from local distributor it named "User's content" - more logical, right?
Even url is "/content"...

And why their activity? Who is there? :blink:
Maybe better his or her, or "user's ..."

You can:

• change any word/term in your ACP (translating)
  • change any FURL in your ACP (Friendly URLs section)

41 minutes ago, demvlg said:

I dont know why this button named "activity" indeed.

70cfbb1f82dd9f9c0aa111a183136557.png.35a073668f8ae4e9148063598931f860.png

In russian translation from local distributor it named "User's content" - more logical, right?
Even url is "/content"...

And why their activity? Who is there? :blink:
Maybe better his or her, or "user's ..."

"their" in English is taken to mean "belonging to them". As we do not know the gender of the user, we can't say "his" (as in belonging to him) or "her" (belonging to her), so "their" is an acceptable gender-neutral solution.

But, as you use a translation that adjusts the verbiage anyways, I'm not sure why this matters. :p

• 2 years later...