P2P Marketplace for Services and Products

7 hours ago, Morgin said:

I'm obviously just speaking as a consumer, but there is also a point where you step back and realize IPS has a relatively small team for the scope of what they already support.

That is true, such a product would create a demand for a team dedicated to it, in which case the fastest and most feasible way would be to create ways to integrate the community with such software.

• 3 years later...

Is it yet possible to allow multiple vendors to sell physical items on IPS Commerce? Where each of them would have their preferred payment gateways and perhaps even shipping methods?

What I'm looking for is allowing a handful of vendors into the Commerce and let them sell their stuff and take a cut of each sale. Is there a scenario where this can be possible, even with certain restrictions etc?

I keep this hope for years... It was already requested, but I just remember a reply say that is not easy to do 😒... 

It seem like ips company don't believe in this business and development direction... 

In my case, when I try to decide for a platform to host my projects, I choose ips because I see there already a community business suite (specifically by the Commerce reason) to expand and improve... Unfortunately so many years passed, my hope continues just my hope. 

39 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

@kmk do you think might be used as an alternative for commerce?

If you already have a community engaged (I mean really a big community) using with your ips site, then it will be choice using 3party similar classified apps.

If you need something modern, efficient, cool to attract users to use your commerce project, then you need others marketplace solution, example CS-Cart Multivendor, Ordering, Yelo... Etc. If this is the case, ips will be just a forum to handle the part of discussions and administration of information to help your commerce project, but your ips will not the priority, because it will depend on if your marketplace can be builded. 

I see ips has a good community suite to build community, then give to your members the commerce environment... Community + Commerce. If ips the commerce more improvements... This will give more power and ability to ips admins to survive in this world, because if ips admin can not earnings from something (in this case using ips platform), where they get money to continue use ips platform (licenses or IC)? 

Obviously there another group of admins don't depend on ips platform to get income, let's say developer, coder or just ips forums fans, gamers etc. 

Anywhere, it is business vision or plan of each company... WE CAN SEE FACEBOOK ALREADY HAVE THEIR COMMERCE PART WELL BUILDED AND CONTINUE OFFERING ATTRACTIVE IMPROVEMENTS AND FEATURES TO "PEOPLE OF WORLD"... 

Edited by kmk