IPB 3.4.6 on PHP 5.3 to IPB 4.2.7 on PHP 7

hxigor

Unfortunately, we have to move our current IPB 3.4.6 on PHP 5.3 to IPB 4.2.7 on PHP7. Obviously I found out that IPB 3.4.6 doesn't run on PHP7.

So what are the correct steps to do the big bang? First upgrade 3.4.6 to 4.2.7 on PHP 5.3 and then just upgrade PHP to 7?

4 years ago we were forced to upgrade 2.x.x to 3.4.6 and it was pain in the you know where and the history repeats...

3.4.x will run enough to upgrade to Invision 4 (it actually doesn't need to run at all though, just have the database and files present), so upgrade your server to php7, then upload the files for Invision 4, and process the upgrade from /admin/upgrade 

16 hours ago, Rhett said:

Alternates cannot download files currently. 

Which is a real shame, and something that is a frequent source of confusion. My clients cannot understand why they cannot give me permission to perform upgrades. Perhaps not the major upgrades (like from v3 to v4) but there's no reason why IPS cannot accept an alternate contact when upgrading within the ACP.

2 hours ago, HeadStand said:

Which is a real shame, and something that is a frequent source of confusion. My clients cannot understand why they cannot give me permission to perform upgrades. Perhaps not the major upgrades (like from v3 to v4) but there's no reason why IPS cannot accept an alternate contact when upgrading within the ACP.

We're looking into a solution. :) 

Archived