(Support Topic) Spirit - Power by Pages

Brian A.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

any fix presented in that topic?

1. The developer must make sure to register every plugin setting. Saving settings on the user’s side would work without that before, but that could cause the settings to be deleted when the cache was flushed or other plugin settings were saved. 

2. If a plugin had the problem mentioned under 1), the user must upgrade to 4.2.7 first and then install the fixed plugin again. That makes sure that all values are registered correctly now. 

one more issue I am having is with orientation. All the blocks I drop into the middle think the orientation is vertical.

I need the middle orientation to be set to NOT vertical. It's a horizontal view I need for my widest (and only) column.

How can I do this?

Recap of things I am hoping can be solved.

• orientation = vertical on middle blocks should be horizontal
  • spirit plugin is losing settings. (really important to fix)
  • a button in jumbotron. (optional, no big deal on this one)
  • left aligned image in jumbotron with sticky nav is having issues.

Thank you :)

orientation vert.JPG

2 hours ago, SJ77 said:

option for button  with link in jumbotron would be awesome.

Good idea! I'll put this in the next version.

45 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

one more issue I am having is with orientation. All the blocks I drop into the middle think the orientation is vertical.

I need the middle orientation to be set to NOT vertical. It's a horizontal view I need for my widest (and only) column.

Oh, sorry about that, I didn't even notice that.

45 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Recap of things I am hoping can be solved.

• orientation = vertical on middle blocks should be horizontal
  • spirit plugin is losing settings. (really important to fix)
  • a button in jumbotron. (optional, no big deal on this one)
  • left aligned image in jumbotron with sticky nav is having issues.
  • That issue will be fix in the next version.
  • I did all those correctly on the number list.
4 hours ago, opentype said:

1. The developer must make sure to register every plugin setting. Saving settings on the user’s side would work without that before, but that could cause the settings to be deleted when the cache was flushed or other plugin settings were saved. 

2. If a plugin had the problem mentioned under 1), the user must upgrade to 4.2.7 first and then install the fixed plugin again. That makes sure that all values are registered correctly now. 

• That idea will be added in the next version.
  • That issue will be fix in the next version.

1.0.2 will be release tomorrow (February 12).

Is there anyone here with a LIVE fully functional example of this being used in a live environment.  I appreciate the demo page but it doesn't really show me anything special... unless I'm missing something.  Please one of you fine folks.. a link to your page you use this on.  This LOOKS to be awesome but I need to know before I throw money around.

15 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Is there anyone here with a LIVE fully functional example of this being used in a live environment.  I appreciate the demo page but it doesn't really show me anything special... unless I'm missing something.  Please one of you fine folks.. a link to your page you use this on.  This LOOKS to be awesome but I need to know before I throw money around.

Plus 1

10 hours ago, SJ77 said:

logged into ACP tonight and my guest blocks are lost. This is with newest version 1.0.2

Have you deleted the plugin and installed it from scratch? Are you on 4.2.7? If both are true and the plugin was set up correctly, that problem shouldn’t appear anymore. I can confirm this for all my plugins. I don’t know Brian’s code though. 

19 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Ditto

It would be great for sales also

17 minutes ago, kmk said:

not possible set Spirit menu for ips suite too?

Right now it like 2 websites, after click any menu item redirect us to obviously a different menu style and page, I mean make Sipirit and ips suite with a uniform design aspect.

If I understand you correctly, it's not possible because this landing page was built primary for Bootstrap and on the side is IPS framework to make some of the elements work.

I'd alot of people that wanted Bootstrap instead of IPS framework because there's some people that don't want to hassle with IPS code.

1 hour ago, Brian A. said:

I don't understand why it's doing that just to those Stack fields. I have put all the settings in the Development Center => Settings Tab as it states in this topic here. Any idea why it's doing this @Daniel F?

Hm, no sorry can't say anything without investigating this further, which I unfortunately can't do right now. Could you please get in touch with @SJ77 to see if you can reproduce this on your own installation (check the settings, check the caching stuff) and once you reproduced it please provide us the exact steps in a ticket and I'll take care of this:)

2 hours ago, opentype said:

Have you deleted the plugin and installed it from scratch? Are you on 4.2.7? If both are true and the plugin was set up correctly, that problem shouldn’t appear anymore. I can confirm this for all my plugins. I don’t know Brian’s code though. 

I only did upgrades not removal and reinstall. I will try that tonight

1 hour ago, SammyS said:

Ditto

It would be great for sales also

I thought the same thing. The demo page is very underwhelming. However, this is awesome and the support is great.

Once I get my home page working I can share it with you. Although if you make the leap I think you will like what this thing can do.

48 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Hm, no sorry can't say anything without investigating this further, which I unfortunately can't do right now. Could you please get in touch with @SJ77 to see if you can reproduce this on your own installation (check the settings, check the caching stuff) and once you reproduced it please provide us the exact steps in a ticket and I'll take care of this:)

I can reproduce this by uploading a new version, but it only clears the Stack field values on the 'Guest Blocks' only.

My ticket number is #999963.

Hello,

For the people that don't quite understand the demo page, I have updated it with some fancy components of Bootstrap to show you what Spirit can do for your front-end page community.

Launch Demo Page

spirit-landing-page-official-preview.thumb.png.116054d52e025ecc10a80185a6bf00f9.png

Please re-download the latest version to get the latest patch changes.

• Fixed the widget title class
  • Added the class tag align-self-center to the Jumbotron heading
  • Added <div class="ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical"> to the block content area.

Note: Just import 'spirit_landing_page_templates' XML file to get the latest changes.

5 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

checked my home page this morning and my blocks are gone again!!! :(

Logged into the ACP and yup.. gone! This time I started with a fresh spirit, all was uninstalled and template/plugin reinstalled Still yet this happens with 1.0.2

I'm not quite sure on how to fix this because I've every single setting in the Development Center => Settings Tab. Have you figure out a fix to this @Daniel F?

25 minutes ago, Brian A. said:

I'm not quite sure on how to fix this because I've every single setting in the Development Center => Settings Tab. Have you figure out a fix to this @Daniel F?

I am finally getting to where the home page is looking amazing and then the blocks drop over night for some reason. D'oh! I hope this can get fixed. I am excited to make my page public.

Archived