(Support Topic) Spirit - Power by Pages

Brian A.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kmk said:

Spirit can done like that?

Something like that is possible, but you'll have to add each block for representing each section and build it up by applying Bootstrap components and custom CSS to make it pop. However, the middle content area is not fluid, but the workaround is just having them in the container instead.

13 minutes ago, Brian A. said:

Something like that is possible, but you'll have to add each block for representing each section and build it up by applying Bootstrap components and custom CSS to make it pop. However, the middle content area is not fluid, but the workaround is just having them in the container instead.

So with Siprit can done better thing?

10 hours ago, kmk said:

So with Siprit can done better thing?

Spirit can't do this in that way, but it can be integrated. Spirit is mostly based on Pages that uses your own blocks, so you can fetch your very own blocks into your front-end page.

If people wanted a fluid container, I can integrate this by having the option to choose from one another.

Hello customers,

If you're having the same problem as @SJ77, then please re-download the latest version to get this fix.

This was my fault on my end because I totally forgot to add the 'Guest Blocks' settings to the Development Center => Settings Tab. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

Note: Completely remove the plugin and install the latest version for a fresh install.

Regards,

Brian A.

ThemeTree

7 minutes ago, Brian A. said:

Hello customers,

If you're having the same problem as @SJ77, then please re-download the latest version to get this fix.

This was my fault on my end because I totally forgot to add the 'Guest Blocks' settings to the Development Center => Settings Tab. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

Note: Completely remove the plugin and install the latest version for a fresh install.

Regards,

Brian A.

ThemeTree

@Brian A. i confirm that 1.0.2 has the guest only uninstalling after period time like @SJ77 has this is 100% fresh install 

8 minutes ago, Pete T said:

@Brian A. i confirm that 1.0.2 has the guest only uninstalling after period time like @SJ77 has this is 100% fresh install 

I'm not quite understanding. If you're having the same issue, please uninstall the plugin and re-download the latest version to get this fix, since I've added the setting keys to the Development Center => Settings Tab.

3 hours ago, Brian A. said:

I'm not quite understanding. If you're having the same issue, please uninstall the plugin and re-download the latest version to get this fix, since I've added the setting keys to the Development Center => Settings Tab.

I did exactly that and am still having the issue. Guest blocks poof gone. Renders Spirit unusable for me. :(

EDIT: I didn't see that you had made a change today! Hooray!! I will try the new version.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased and this looks really awesome but I'm finding out you need some skills in coding too make this look good. I'm limited to ip's default plugins to generate a block which they don't have all the blocks I'm looking for. All this is for me really, is a nice wrapper for the ip look. I thought things were more generated. I don't know what to do now.

I also purchased this, but do not use it. It is good idea from Brian. Give him som time and I think he will improve this plugin.

There is much you can do with a html wrapper in Pages. Buy a html template you like and arrange it for your own look and info. Link css, js and bootstrap in your pages html file or with external url.

3 hours ago, bridges101 said:

I purchased and this looks really awesome but I'm finding out you need some skills in coding too make this look good. I'm limited to ip's default plugins to generate a block which they don't have all the blocks I'm looking for. All this is for me really, is a nice wrapper for the ip look. I thought things were more generated. I don't know what to do now.

By generating beautiful blocks for Spirit, go here to check out the components that you can read on and input the markup code inside the block content editor. For IPS, create the plugins that you want on your front page.

On 3/8/2018 at 7:48 AM, Brian A. said:

By generating beautiful blocks for Spirit, go here to check out the components that you can read on and input the markup code inside the block content editor. For IPS, create the plugins that you want on your front page.

@Brian A. there might be an opportunity to sell a pre-made spirit blocks package. You build all the blocks and layout. Customers just edit text and drop blocks into spirit 

sell it as a separate package ?

20 pre-made blocks to pick and choose from

6 hours ago, SJ77 said:

@Brian A. there might be an opportunity to sell a pre-made spirit blocks package. You build all the blocks and layout. Customers just edit text and drop blocks into spirit 

sell it as a separate package ?

20 pre-made blocks to pick and choose from

Good idea! I don't if I could do that in a thinking perspective, but I'll see if I could and make it accomplishable.

1 hour ago, Brian A. said:

Good idea! I don't if I could do that in a thinking perspective, but I'll see if I could and make it accomplishable.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do it the way I want it, but I did came up with a solution to this. Instead of a custom wrapper, I'd use the page wrapper to make the pre-made blocks power by Bootstrap components so you can use the block manager. In addition, this means I can totally redo Spirit to this form or make it a separate package of Spirit.

Please tell me your thoughts on about this customers.

19 minutes ago, Brian A. said:

Unfortunately, I couldn't do it the way I want it, but I did came up with a solution to this. Instead of a custom wrapper, I'd use the page wrapper to make the pre-made blocks power by Bootstrap components so you can use the block manager. In addition, this means I can totally redo Spirit to this form or make it a separate package of Spirit.

Please tell me your thoughts on about this customers.

I say a separate package. That way if someone needs pre-made blocks they can buy them, have them ready in pages app and drop them into spirit. I already made my own blocks so I like what I have but I might buy your blocks anyway just to have a few new things on my home page.

14 hours ago, SJ77 said:

I say a separate package. That way if someone needs pre-made blocks they can buy them, have them ready in pages app and drop them into spirit. I already made my own blocks so I like what I have but I might buy your blocks anyway just to have a few new things on my home page.

Okay. That does sounds great, but I can't do it in that way because there's no way to download blocks or input settings into them, and I can't figure another way to do this. The only other solution I came up with is: instead of a custom wrapper, I'd use the page wrapper that outputs your page within the suite header/footer wrapper to make the pre-made blocks/widgets power by Bootstrap components and you can drag and drop them by using the block manager.

By doing that, you'll be able to configure the widget settings in the popup modal, just like the other widgets you see in the block manager.

I can redo Spirit to this way or make it separate for the people that don't want to bother with code and leave the other one for advance uses.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, Brian A. said:

Okay. That does sounds great, but I can't do it in that way because there's no way to download blocks or input settings into them, and I can't figure another way to do this. The only other solution I came up with is: instead of a custom wrapper, I'd use the page wrapper that outputs your page within the suite header/footer wrapper to make the pre-made blocks/widgets power by Bootstrap components and you can drag and drop them by using the block manager.

By doing that, you'll be able to configure the widget settings in the popup modal, just like the other widgets you see in the block manager.

I can redo Spirit to this way or make it separate for the people that don't want to bother with code and leave the other one for advance uses.

I haven't gotten any response from this implementation I was going to do. I want your feedback on this customers so I can make Spirit more better and powerful by using the blocks manager.

Recap on this implementation, by redoing Spirit to this form, it'll output your page within the suite header/footer wrapper (don't have to worry about a custom wrapper) to make the pre-made blocks/widgets power by Bootstrap components and you can drag and drop them by using the block manager.

What you think customers? Should I implement this in?

Archived