(Support Topic) Spirit - Power by Pages

Brian A.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SJ77 said:

will there be a new version with some of the changes purposed in the above comments?

• image in jumbotron,
  • hide jumbotron from members
  • col settings for guest and for member (separate)

Yes.

What's New in Version 1.0.1.1

Spirit

Note: Delete the old template wrapper called "spiritLandingPageWrapper" and re-download the XML file called "spirit_landing_page_templates" to get the latest changes.

Settings

• Enable Jumbotron Header Image
  • Blocks
    • Sidebar Guest Column #
    • Sidebar Member Column #
  • Added 'Who Can See?' on the Jumbotron instead of a Yes/No.
9 minutes ago, kmk said:

The menu navbar si so big,will be possible add more custom setting, inclusive 2 or 3 levels menu.

At first testing, I did this for a reason: Bootstrap doesn't even have a secondary navigation to plug in.

When I have some time, I'll probably re-scratch the whole thing to make it work with IPS4 secondary navigation.

2 hours ago, Brian A. said:

When I have some time, I'll probably re-scratch the whole thing to make it work with IPS4 secondary navigation.

Well, I did re-scratch the whole navigation, but it was impossible to do, @kmk. Another solution (if it's possible) I came up with is inputting your nav menu title(s) inside the setting so it can hide each individual one.

I'll test it out to see if I can do it.

10 hours ago, SJ77 said:

jumbotron image looks great in full screen but it's not responsive.

Message reply.

What's New in Version 1.0.1.1

Spirit

• Fixed the navigation

Note: Download the XML file called "spirit_landing_page_templates" to get the latest changes.

Settings

• Hide Navbar Items
  • Enable Jumbotron Header Image
  • Blocks
    • Sidebar Guest Column #
    • Sidebar Member Column #
  • Added 'Who Can See?' on the Jumbotron instead of a Yes/No.

Well I'm impressed. The attention and customer service here is top notch, responding to every inquiry, and making dev changes on the fly with new version updates. I have been wanting to build a custom home page for so long, the native IP just seemed too cumbersome, I have even gone out and thought of Word Press, Joomla, or some other CMS for the home page, but with this Boot landing page available now, I like it! I love Bootstrap, making columns and using Bootstrap components is easy to do.

Will I be able to implement Boostrap components within this landing page such as alert boxes, or how about a carousel?

Thanks Brian

42 minutes ago, JohnCourt said:

Well I'm impressed. The attention and customer service here is top notch, responding to every inquiry, and making dev changes on the fly with new version updates. I have been wanting to build a custom home page for so long, the native IP just seemed too cumbersome, I have even gone out and thought of Word Press, Joomla, or some other CMS for the home page, but with this Boot landing page available now, I like it! I love Bootstrap, making columns and using Bootstrap components is easy to do.

Thanks so much, I really appreciated! This is new to people and to customers so I wanted to be open minded on ideas and feedback on how they wanted to be.

42 minutes ago, JohnCourt said:

Will I be able to implement Boostrap components within this landing page such as alert boxes, or how about a carousel?

Yes, of course! Add the following HTML inside your block and fetch the block key and insert it (Middle Content Blocks) either in 'Guest Blocks' or 'Member Blocks' through the 'Blocks' tab.

47 minutes ago, JohnCourt said:

Thanks Brian

You're certainly welcome.

9 minutes ago, Brian A. said:

Thanks, I'm glad that you love it alot! Yup, just don't get to carry away now :lol:

I'm ready to cry, this is just what I have been waiting for, an easy home page creator app just like this. I feel like my community has a new lease on life for this non-coder. You done good man, real good. I'll be up all night with this.

4 minutes ago, JohnCourt said:

I'm ready to cry, this is just what I have been waiting for, an easy home page creator app just like this. I feel like my community has a new lease on life for this non-coder. You done good man, real good. I'll be up all night with this.

I guess it's perfect timing on when I release it! Yeah. It'll make your homepage spark by attracting the audience you need for representing the content on your community and moving it to your homepage. Thanks alot, I really appreciated.

Brian, for the middle container, if I change width to a percentage instead of a fixed px, will there be any detrimental effects to Spirit?

For example:

Instead of this

.container {
    max-width: 1140px;
}

This

.container {
    max-width: 86%;
}

I find the middle container just a tad narrow for what I want to accomplish, is there an advantage for px over %, or visa versa?

Also, to make this change, is there a custom-overide I put it in, so it's not overidden in future upgrades?

14 hours ago, kmk said:

image.thumb.png.243c3804bcb9aea4619c61647b65d9a0.png

Fixed.

14 hours ago, kmk said:

Please try with tablet device, touching menu botton and dont received response.

It's working fine for me. Can you show me a video of it instead?

13 hours ago, JohnCourt said:

Brian, for the middle container, if I change width to a percentage instead of a fixed px, will there be any detrimental effects to Spirit?

No, it wont.

13 hours ago, JohnCourt said:

I find the middle container just a tad narrow for what I want to accomplish, is there an advantage for px over %, or visa versa?

Also, to make this change, is there a custom-overide I put it in, so it's not overidden in future upgrades?

As we speak, I'm implementing this for people that need this also.

What's New in Version 1.0.1.2

Note: Download the XML file called "spirit_landing_page_templates" to get the latest changes.

Settings

• Added 'Header' color setting in the 'Apperance' tab.
  • Added 'Layout Container (in %)' in the 'Advanced' tab.
5 hours ago, Brian A. said:

It's working fine for me. Can you show me a video of it instead?

Can you recommended me a script to record for that purposal? I check it again and only problem with Chrome, fine for Internet of Samsung. My device is Samsung Tablet 8 inch.

17 hours ago, kmk said:

Can you recommended me a script to record for that purposal? I check it again and only problem with Chrome, fine for Internet of Samsung. My device is Samsung Tablet 8 inch.

I don't understand why you're having trouble with it because nobody else is having this issue. The basic structure of the mobile nav is the same as the markup on the nav component.

3 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

checked my site this morning and spirit had lost all my blocks.

Nothing was set. This seems like a bug. now I must go add all my blocks again to the spirit plugin.

Any ideas?

It shouldn't wipe out all the values from the Stack field.

There was a topic about this about the settings being wiped out.

Archived