(Support Topic) Spirit - Power by Pages

Brian A.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There might be an opportunity here to better communicate your technical achievement to the less technical consumer of your product.

Need some clear benefit driven explanations about what this can do for me. (free of jargon) Need an example of final product that visually compels a purchase. I thought this was going to be a way for me to replace my homepage with a much cleaner and very beautiful modern home page. A modern home page that can use blocks to bring in my current elements that I have on my page. I am not sure if this is what I thought it was or not.

Not trying to be harsh, I am sure this is something great. Only hoping for clarity. Thank you

Edit: here is a more specific question. Will I be able to use more than the 3 cols in the demo? Can I change col widths? I prefer the golden ratio layout over the demo layout.

33 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Will I be able to use more than the 3 cols in the demo? Can I change col widths?

No, but each col is only visible when you set the block key inside the settings. For example: If you've nothing inside the sidebars, the middle content will stretch all the way inside the wrapper. No, but each col width is power by Bootstrap grid system.

If you can shed some new ideas for implementing new settings, I'd be glad to do it.

8 minutes ago, jcdesign said:

Is this landing page and a theme together? If I purchase this I want setting It up at my theme. Is this possible?

No, just a landing page built with Pages. Yes, this is possible by configuring the appearance inside the settings to make it blend in with your default theme.

8 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I feel confused about what I am getting into but I am going to go ahead and purchase.

I can see why people are getting confuse here because this is entirely new to Pages and for people, too. I've also updated the file description to make it less complicated.

Thank you for purchasing!

Edit: purchased. I hope I can make a 1 Col wide guest page and a 2 col member page all on a single page called "home"

I will play with it.

You can by applying the guest page on the content area and member page on the sidebar (left or right) by fetching those block keys and inputting them into the 'Block' setting tab.

9 hours ago, Brian A. said:

You can by applying the guest page on the content area and member page on the sidebar (left or right) by fetching those block keys and inputting them into the 'Block' setting tab.

so it turns out only using 1 col does not allow it to stretch across whole page. I would love some control over col width or settings. Maybe we still get 3 but we can decide how it's divided up between the 12 avil slots. "col-lg-3" can be instead of 3,6,3 we can do 0,8,4  or 3,9,0

also, I am not confused again about how to make a guest view and a member view.

12 hours ago, SJ77 said:

hi, I am home starting to set this up. Noticed the configuration page lists the settings but doesn't yet have any descriptions. I assume this is still being worked on? https://www.themetree.net/docs/spirit/configuring-the-settings-r11/

can I add an image to the jumbotron?

I've updated both.

No, but I can implement that.

12 hours ago, SJ77 said:

so it turns out only using 1 col does not allow it to stretch across whole page. I would love some control over col width or settings. Maybe we still get 3 but we can decide how it's divided up between the 12 avil slots. "col-lg-3" can be instead of 3,6,3 we can do 0,8,4  or 3,9,0

So you want a text field setting that controls the left or right sidebar col width, right? If so, I can do this so you can specify your own grid class for the left or right sidebar.

11 hours ago, SJ77 said:

I think something like this would make Spirit very robust.

So you want separate blocks for guest side and member side? If so, I can do this.

4 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

Interesting, but as said before, it would be nice to have some examples what you can do with this. Thanks.

Yeah, you're right! I should do this. When I have spare time, I'll do this.

Here are the new settings coming to Spirit:

• Jumbotron Background
  • Blocks
    • Member Side Blocks
    • Guest Side Blocks
  • Sidebar (left or right) Column Number (here)
    • Specify any column number (# of columns: 12) for the sidebar

What's New in Version 1.0.1

Spirit

Note: Delete the old template wrapper called "spiritLandingPageWrapper" and re-download the XML file called "spirit_landing_page_templates" to get the latest changes.

Settings

• Jumbotron Background
    • Jumbotron Background Font
  • Blocks
    • Member Side Blocks
    • Guest Side Blocks
  • Sidebar (left or right) Column #
27 minutes ago, kmk said:

Landing page app can be apply for each clubs? so each clubs owner can build landing page for their clubs.

No, Spirit doesn't have to do with Clubs. Spirit is a custom page for your front-end community that's built upon the latest version of Bootstrap and IPS framework.

Wow new version? That was fast! Support so far has been top notch! I love the option for member and guest blocks. That will be hugely helpful for many.

Just to be clear I have a few questions.

• Am I to understand that I cannot set sidebar col number settings for guest and member separately? 1 setting effects both?
  • jumbotron background option is very cool. What if I simply want to place a small image to the left of the text but leave the background alone? 

11 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Wow new version? That was fast! Support so far has been top notch! I love the option for member and guest blocks. That will be hugely helpful for many.

Yup. Thanks, anything for my customers. Yes, I can see that option is hugely helpful as you said.

11 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Just to be clear I have a few questions.

• Am I to understand that I cannot set sidebar col number settings for guest and member separately? 1 setting effects both?
  • jumbotron background option is very cool. What if I simply want to place a small image to the left of the text but leave the background alone? 
  1. Yes, that's correct, but I can modify it like that.
  2. Yes, I know it is! So you want an option to set an image inside the Jumbotron for presenting that image, right?
49 minutes ago, Brian A. said:

Yup. Thanks, anything for my customers. Yes, I can see that option is hugely helpful as you said.

1. Yes, that's correct, but I can modify it like that.
  2. Yes, I know it is! So you want an option to set an image inside the Jumbotron for presenting that image, right?

1. That would be awesome.

2. yeah and image inside the jumbotron to the left of the text.  (see pm example)

if possible that would be perfect. thank you

Also,

• how do I make jumbotron not visible for members?
  • even with side bar setting I am not sure how I would make a two col layout where main content is 8 and side is 4 because "ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical" would be applied to the 8 wide col  instead of the 4 wide col. How would I make an 8 main and 4 side bar layout? or even 9 and 3?

Thank you :)

10 hours ago, SJ77 said:

Also,

• how do I make jumbotron not visible for members?
  • even with side bar setting I am not sure how I would make a two col layout where main content is 8 and side is 4 because "ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical" would be applied to the 8 wide col  instead of the 4 wide col. How would I make an 8 main and 4 side bar layout? or even 9 and 3?

Thank you :)

1. You can't, but I can implement that, too.
  2. The main content is where you put your columns (inside your blocks) and such, but the side is only for sidebar only because the widgets need ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical to work.
3 hours ago, SJ77 said:

So what settings should I use to make an 8col + 4col layout where the 4col is the side bar?

No setting, but you specify the 8th column in your blocks for the main content and input '4' inside the sidebar column # setting.

For example:

<div class="col-lg-8">
  <!-- Your HTML code here -->
</div>

If I'm mistaken, then can you specify more please because I'm confused if you're, too.

Archived