Has anyone used another method instead of commerce?

kar3n2

I find the commerce app very complicated so I'm wondering if there was a way to use some other method in this case for paid membership subscriptions?

I suppose I could just add a paypal button somewhere but then I'd have to move members into the "upgraded" group manually, which is do-able albeit that's as long as I managed to trace them properly.

Hello!

It's actually not as complicated as it looks or seems. I suppose the hardest part is setting up the PayPal API, but there are Some Paypal Guides that Should Help. Once you have those set up, you just need to create a new store product, set that product onto renewals, and have it change the member group. If they don't renew, it'll bump them back down.

But as far as I'm aware, no, there's nothing else currently for IPS software that will do this.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Lord Nowe said:

Hello!

It's actually not as complicated as it looks or seems. I suppose the hardest part is setting up the PayPal API, but there are Some Paypal Guides that Should Help. Once you have those set up, you just need to create a new store product, set that product onto renewals, and have it change the member group. If they don't renew, it'll bump them back down.

But as far as I'm aware, no, there's nothing else currently for IPS software that will do this.

Cheers!

Yeah its just that there is no real information on anything. Certain settings for example it appears payments have to be approved each month.  No idea why this is so if setting up monthly payment plan have you?  Imagine 1000 members ( I wish lol) all needing approval each month.  Things like this don't make any sense to me at all.

2 hours ago, kar3n2 said:

Yeah its just that there is no real information on anything. Certain settings for example it appears payments have to be approved each month.  No idea why this is so if setting up monthly payment plan have you?  Imagine 1000 members ( I wish lol) all needing approval each month.  Things like this don't make any sense to me at all.

Yes, but it's handled by the system. For instance:

Member A purchases a VIP membership recurring every 30 days. He is notified 7 days before it expires to renew (default iirc). He can chose to pay the invoice or let it lapse.

As an admin, you control:

1. How early members can renew.

2. How many months they can renew for in advance.

3. How much the renewal costs after initial purchase.

Once the member purchases the membership, the process is automated, not requiring your (the Admin) approval unless you want it to.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

6 hours ago, kar3n2 said:

You shouldn't need to approve payments.  

On 1/29/2018 at 8:26 AM, kar3n2 said:

You should not need to approve each and every transaction unless you have specified that you want to do this in your settings. Check your Anti-Fraud Rules settings in ACP -> Commerce -> Payments -> Settings -> Anti-Fraud Rules settings. Likely this is too inclusive and needs to be adjusted. (The transaction will hold further details if your Anti-Fraud rules were tripped)

If you have any further questions, please submit a ticket and we can assist.

Archived