Calendar - Forcing an end time, why? Location not shown...

socceronly

Well I decided to give the Calendar a go.  

I am forced to enter and display an end time.... why?   How often is this really needed?  

Location does not show up in the listing, and this certainly matters more than the end time. 

I guess I'll kill the Calendar and make a database.    Shame, it looked nice. 

20 hours ago, socceronly said:

Well I decided to give the Calendar a go.  

I am forced to enter and display an end time.... why?   How often is this really needed?  

Location does not show up in the listing, and this certainly matters more than the end time. 

I guess I'll kill the Calendar and make a database.    Shame, it looked nice. 

An end time is not required for events.

If you edit an event, it forces you to enter an Event End.   I've noticed the field is not populated when creating the event it's -- --,  but upon editing it it sets it to 12:00AM, which means you need to set to something after your start time. 

image.thumb.png.3052b6849c69c22fa1ae9bd3a54d6f10.png

My using a DB comment was wrt to including the location in the event in a list.  

When we have a viewing party it will be in a dozen locations across the country.  

Using fields I can make it easier for people to see which one is relevant to them. 

Many calendars are terrible, this one is really nice.  

23 hours ago, bfarber said:

Sounds like you may have found a bug. I'll make a note and we can take a look at this. Thanks for letting us know!

I reported this bug a long time ago and told it would be fixed. There are still other bugs which have report and which have not been fixed.

Archived