Toggle members from Active to Inactive / Inactive to Active

Nigel Moore

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 2:49 AM, Joel R said:

You have a couple if choices:

- Group promotion rules built into IPS

- Inactive Members by @Fosters

Hey @Joel R, thanks for the response. I should have clarified my needs... 

Unfortunately neither options work for what I'm looking for. 

Our forums integrate with a paid membership site I run on wordpress. I need the ability to toggle members from Active/Inactive (or banning) them when they cancel, pause, or don't pay for their membership. 

Currently, we use a manual process to look for each customer via search and change it manually.

Is there a webhook or plugin that we can use to trigger that will toggle the state? 

3 minutes ago, Nigel Moore said:

… and change it manually.

Change what exactly? What state are you changing? What effects does that have? It’s still unclear. 

But the details probably don’t matter. Sounds like you have two completely different systems you want to sync somehow. That would always need custom code specifically made for this purpose. 

5 hours ago, Nigel Moore said:

Hey @Joel R, thanks for the response. I should have clarified my needs... 

Unfortunately neither options work for what I'm looking for. 

Our forums integrate with a paid membership site I run on wordpress. I need the ability to toggle members from Active/Inactive (or banning) them when they cancel, pause, or don't pay for their membership. 

Currently, we use a manual process to look for each customer via search and change it manually.

Is there a webhook or plugin that we can use to trigger that will toggle the state? 

You're looking to suspend or pause the membership privilege based upon your WordPress commerce.  You have a couple of options:

1. Wait for 4.3 which will provide oAuth 2 integration with WordPress, which means you will be able to automaticallt move members based upon their subscriptions.  

2.  Use the REST API for members and membergroups.  This will require custom coding by your community.  

*If* I've understood what you want to accomplish, I believe the REST API could do what you describe.

Your Wordpress install would have to send the API call to perform the action on the member account, so that is something you would need to automate on the wordpress end.

But our API does allow changing the member's Group. So you could change them from your "active" Group (however you've named it) to your "inactive" Group (however you've named that one) or vice-versa.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:28 AM, Mark H said:

*If* I've understood what you want to accomplish, I believe the REST API could do what you describe.

Your Wordpress install would have to send the API call to perform the action on the member account, so that is something you would need to automate on the wordpress end.

But our API does allow changing the member's Group. So you could change them from your "active" Group (however you've named it) to your "inactive" Group (however you've named that one) or vice-versa.

Yes! This is actually what I want. No problem with paying to have a custom code to achieve this. We just need it done!

Where is the best job board to post for this? 

Archived