Track Members

Do you need to track the activities of specific members on your forum? Track Members will allow you to track the steps of any member as they interface with your forum and it is highly configurable to include settings for time frame and a multitude of trackable actions (Account Actions, Profile Actions, Messenger Actions, Content Actions). It also provides settings for automatic member tracking for members being warned as well as new members.

Read more:

22 minutes ago, RObiN-HoOD said:

As far as I can see from the screenshots I can only track new members indefinitely.

I want to track ALL current and future members indefinitely, can I do that?

It’s the opposite. For new members, currently, you need to enter a number of days. I can change that in next version. 

Existing members can be tracked indefinitely.

8 minutes ago, Loren said:

Can I use this to track Club Owners activities also?

Yes, it will track actions performed in Clubs too.

17 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Existing members can be tracked indefinitely.

Yes but I can't go to each member's profile  and select each one to be tracked indefinitely. That's clearly insane. 

How can I select ALL current members to be tracked indefinitely? All groups CAN be tracked, as set in Settings, but in Tools there in only a "days per specific group". I need to automatically track all groups all members. How can I do that? If this is supposed to happen automatically it isn't working on me as everything is set up but nothing is logged out of the box.

One solution, I guess, would be to add to Tools -> Track Members, after the number of days, a checkbox named "indefinitely" as in other places. So I can select each group to be tracked indefinitely or even better create a new Tool to automatically track all selected groups indefinitely.

thanks

Also, when I track the ROOT group which there is only 1 user, me, as ROOT user of IPB, in my profile I don't have a TRACK MEMBER / CHANGE SETTING button and when I click on the tab "Track members log" I get "Error code: TM - PROFILE TAB/1".

In ACP -> TRACK MEMBERS -> Logs, my logs ARE logged, so logging is working for me too, but in the profile button in not shown and tab is throwing an error.

1 hour ago, RObiN-HoOD said:

How can I select ALL current members to be tracked indefinitely? All groups CAN be tracked, as set in Settings, but in Tools there in only a "days per specific group". I need to automatically track all groups all members. How can I do that? If this is supposed to happen automatically it isn't working on me as everything is set up but nothing is logged out of the box.

Ah ok, now I see what you mean. Track all members for a number of days then I’ll send a query to amke it indefinitely. I’ll add in next version to be released next version. 

1 hour ago, RObiN-HoOD said:

Also, when I track the ROOT group which there is only 1 user, me, as ROOT user of IPB, in my profile I don't have a TRACK MEMBER / CHANGE SETTING button and when I click on the tab "Track members log" I get "Error code: TM - PROFILE TAB/1".

In ACP -> TRACK MEMBERS -> Logs, my logs ARE logged, so logging is working for me too, but in the profile button in not shown and tab is throwing an error.

This is a change made in the 11th hour for @JTHastings to not show the logs to the profile owner but I’m really not happy with it. I’ll send a PM telling how to change that. I’ll also rethink this in new version. 

23 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ah ok, now I see what you mean. Track all members for a number of days then I’ll send a query to amke it indefinitely. I’ll add in next version to be released next version. 

Ok thanks. I'll wait for a button to track all settings-selected groups indefinitely (or similar). Whatever the case please make it easy.

23 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This is a change made in the 11th hour for @JTHastings to not show the logs to the profile owner but I’m really not happy with it. I’ll send a PM telling how to change that. I’ll also rethink this in new version. 

Don't like it. Even if you go with this make a note, like IPB makes with admin password, that this can't be changed in frontend but only in ACP. Similarly instead of error, show that this info can be shown only in ACP, or even better put a link for direct ACP access into the specific LOGS (or similar) for convenience.

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

New features:

• Added actions to Clubs:
    • Create a club, Edit club settings, Feature/Unfeature a club, Invite members to a club and Request to join/join/leave a club.
    • Added setting to display group color on user link. Group name uses the group color.

Enhancements:

• You can now track Indefinitely members from specific user groups in Tools.
  • A few template tweaks.

ygAf0bC.png

I have an issue. After running the tool to mark several groups as tracked I see that under "Members" which is the group with the most users are not tracked all of them. 

I found this issue because I found at least one Member not been tracked as it should.

In order to achieve tracking for all of them I had to re-run the TRACK MEMBERS for group "Members".

I remembered I had the same issue in the previous version, 3.4.x, but that was not that much of a problem since I had to manually re-run the tracking every 30 days. But now that there is a indefinitely option this is an issue because if someone is skipped you can't know it until checked.

I suggest test the tool with many users (Members) at once and then see if there is any Member who are not tracked for whatsoever reason.

If you need access to my site send PM. Perhaps it's just me but should be weird.

Well, the tool performs a loop in all members of the selected group and updates the flag for the member. There is no condition or checking, except if the member is already being tracked. Apart from that, I can’t see a reason why it would skip a member. 

Anyway, this is a tool to run once. If you REALLY want and need to track all your members, run the tool and enable to track new members. There’s absolutely no need/reason to run the took again or at every 30 days.