Multi-image fields need sorting

opentype

I keep struggling with this on several sites since 4.0. Upload fields for multiple files/images are nice and easy to use—at first. But once you have uploaded something, you are stuck with the order created. No chance to reorder anything. You have to actually delete every file and start over again. Which gets almost impossible if you upload many images through one field. Hope this can be changed someday. The drag-and-drop sorting function exists in many areas of the suite already. Just not for the multi-upload fields. 

5a551807781cd_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-09um20_19_01.thumb.png.73de0dadc68ec433e7bdff19649f4400.png

For me personally it’s the Pages upload field for Pages databases. I add it to many of my Pages databases to let people upload multiple images for the record, e.g. for pictures of a hotel in a hotel directory. Not everything is meant to be used in the editor and often specific files need to be collected through separate fields. In that hotel example, I might have fields for “location shots”, “room pictures”, “restaurant pictures”, “PDF brochures” and so on. 

I assume it also makes sense in other apps which offer that field. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I was looking for it (I thought it was possible or there was a plugin in the marketplace, but no) and I came across this topic. I wanted to know if there was any new because I find it really useful. I also meet the same problems and it would be really great if it was possible to reorder the images with a custom field 'upload' in Pages. 😉 

Archived