Support Topic for SuperShow (YouTube/Vimeo Feed Widget)

32 minutes ago, Guitar Gathering said:

My YouTube videos used to appear on my home page.  Now it shows an error message (See attached photo).  I've tried re-inputting the YouTube credentials and still no luck.

Did you change your server settings as well?
My guess is, your current settings don’t allow loading the external files. 

From the product page:

your php.ini settings need to allow loading external files (allow_url_fopen)

Edited by opentype
  • 2 months later...

@opentype I'm not too familiar as of yet of all of the marketplace idiosyncrasies.  I see that this particular app shows it compatible with 4.4 but not 4.5.  Fernando mentioned above that it works like a charm in v4.5 but I'm curious if we might encounter problems from IPS if we install and use it going forward if it is still showing compatibility with 4.4 and not 4.5 as well.

Edited by Chris Anderson
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, opentype said:

There is no version for 4.5. 

2017168647_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-31um09_52_34.png.bbec1beb5d44375392cb9ba8a57e82ca.png

Thanks, I have to request you or ips for refund? Or you will release one for 4.5?

Maybe I confused because I was reviewing others plugins that are ready for 4.5 too. 

@opentype Is possible add Slider to the widget? 

I would like to show 3 videos, for desktop it is fine, but for mobile it will occupies so much space. 

If the widget can show 3 videos in Sliders style, it will resolve the space problem mentioned. 

Right now the video can play directly without open more page or link, this is a little thing but important, please if you can add the slider style, keep the embed (play without open another page) feature in it too. 

Hi @opentype

The widget to show the videos is good, but as community I would like users leave comments in our site and not YouTube. 

Could you add option to place redirect link for each video title? What I want is user click to title to open a topic to leave comment. Or say, a default url of "topic of widget", or a widget has their topic... So user click to the video title will open the topic... 

IMG_20210402_171013.thumb.jpg.f024bcba9f8ea5cf8ed254d539e8eae8.jpg

Another feature request is, instead get videos from YouTube, is possible get videos from our specific forum? 

Edited by kmk
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:46 AM, kmk said:

I try to do my self, but ... anyone can tell me which part of code should be used?

ipssupershow.png

@opentype could you take a look how can I hide the widget title? 

And convert the video title linking to specific topic. 

On 4/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, kmk said:

IMG_20210402_171013.thumb.jpg.f024bcba9f8ea5cf8ed254d539e8eae8.jpg

Another feature request is, instead get videos from YouTube, is possible get videos from our specific forum? 

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Bliss99 said:

Greetings! I'm having some issues having different playlists on different pages. It just wants to pull the same playlist - see video - can you help? https://www.loom.com/share/f15257df00944e1d9a53560ddc4ae204

Can you clarify how this course section is being built? Is that a single Pages database? A third-party app? Something else?
While you referred to the different section as “pages”, a Pages database for example will only ever be on one page and all widgets are identical for all categories and records. That’s a limitation coming from the IPS framework.  

Edited by opentype
15 minutes ago, opentype said:

Can you clarify how this course section is being built? Is that a single Pages database? A third-party app? Something else?
While you referred to the different section as “pages”, a Pages database for example will only ever be on one page and all widgets are identical for all categories and records. That’s limitation coming from the IPS framework.  

Our Courses app was built by @HeadStand - I thought it pulled different pages for the different categories but perhaps it does not. I will try making individual pages for the widget to see how that goes and will update.