Micropayments to funding content

Silnei L Andrade

2 minutes ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

What drives people to interact and change behavior on the web are not small communities. These are trying to survive. I do not know how old you are, but new users in my community use very little email. They are using WhatsApp and Telegram. Who uses e-mails is I who am 44 years old.

I use email, fax, text messages, Hangouts, discord, fleep, slack, and a few others.... And if you wish to drag age (which is prominently displayed in my name) I am 22 years old and have been doing this since I was 14.

Also if your community is so large why not get a developer and just put the coins on your community. Be the startup like what enjin did to their community? 

If it's block chain on all ips sites... Who's paying me for my usage? Block chain communicates with multiple hosts to complete the transaction.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not hire a developer because the site does not have the money for it. For you to see how things work. A community "so big" and that should have a billing to at least be able to pay a developer, but does not have because the market is configured like this. It seems that you are now beginning to understand the problem.

3 minutes ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

I do not hire a developer because the site does not have the money for it. For you to see how things work. A community "so big" and that should have a billing to at least be able to pay a developer, but does not have because the market is configured like this. It seems that you are now beginning to understand the problem.

Nah. Just sounds like you need to start asking for funding from your members... Make it worth their while. (Real money) ... Just because you call something money doesn't make it worth anything in the real world. You do realize retailers/merchants that accept Bitcoin have been dumping it back into real money immediately just like how Stripe would do it.

Just now, Silnei L Andrade said:

I thought you understood the point. I do not think you understand. Forget our conversation and good luck with your hobby!

Good luck with trying to do what's already in core and in the marketplace. Seriously you can't pay people to visit your site xD... But if you do I got a PayPal link for ya xD

On 1/9/2018 at 6:51 PM, Joel R said:

If you want to encourage high-quality content, how is that different in concept from using 'reward apps' like Trophies & Medals by @Fosters or Members Shop by @TheJackal84?  You have presented no compelling reason to adopt blockchain technology.  I understand the end goal about rewarding users.  I do not understand the use of blockchain.  

Not to mention @Kevin Carwile's Points Economy which can be used for, well, pretty much anything...

Kiddo,

I had your case analyzed and I saw that your forum is dead. It turned into a Discord channel. If you think that bitcoin and blockchain technology are a bubble because a system that 90% of the world's population does not use, it's your right. Nobody cares! If you think Bitcoin is useless and the Dollar is "Real Money", it's your right as well. That says a lot about how you see the world. What you do not need, as it is totally unnecessary, is to give your opinion on what you do not know. You no longer have a forum, you tried to have and gave up or could not keep due to everything I already said on that topic. You opened a channel on Discord and your users are now there. This is good for you, you have found a better way to have fun with your friends, but you do not run a forum and you do not know how it works. Maybe you have already managed and everything I said on this topic has finished with your forum.

7 minutes ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

Kiddo,

I had your case analyzed and I saw that your forum is dead. It turned into a Discord channel. If you think that bitcoin and blockchain technology are a bubble because a system that 90% of the world's population does not use, it's your right. Nobody cares! If you think Bitcoin is useless and the Dollar is "Real Money", it's your right as well. That says a lot about how you see the world. What you do not need, as it is totally unnecessary, is to give your opinion on what you do not know. You no longer have a forum, you tried to have and gave up or could not keep due to everything I already said on that topic. You opened a channel on Discord and your users are now there. This is good for you, you have found a better way to have fun with your friends, but you do not run a forum and you do not know how it works. Maybe you have already managed and everything I said on this topic has finished with your forum.

Kiddo? Seriously? You just nullified any and all respect I may have had for you and your arguments.

You're saying that those of us that run gaming communities don't run anything else? You think that just because we have a license that's a gaming community, we don't have other licenses for other endeavors? Or we aren't affiliated with other communities / companies in any way? 

Your arrogance and delusions are simply astonishing

Good day, your words are forevermore meaningless.

12 minutes ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

Kiddo,

I had your case analyzed and I saw that your forum is dead. It turned into a Discord channel. If you think that bitcoin and blockchain technology are a bubble because a system that 90% of the world's population does not use, it's your right. Nobody cares! If you think Bitcoin is unique and the Dollar is "Real Money", it's your right as well. That says a lot about how you see the world. What you do not need, as it is totally unnecessary, is to give your opinion on what you do not know. You no longer have a forum, you tried to have and gave up or could not keep due to everything I already said on that topic. You opened a channel on Discord and your users are now there. This is good for you, you have found a better way to have fun with your friends, but you do not run a forum and you do not know how it works. Maybe you have already managed and everything I said on this topic has finished with your forum.

If this is not resolved:

Expensive transaction fees and long wait times have made it difficult to use bitcoin for small transactions, since mining fees spiked at $37 per purchase in December.

Bitcoin will never work as a coin. 

Also, if one day cryptocurrencies threatens the real coin (Dollar, Euro, etc), governments will do something, you can bet on that, and will make it illegal. For now its fine because bassically BTC is just an asset like gold or company stocks that people try to gain some money with it.

The point is that his forum died and turned into a Discord Channel and that is the main fact of this topic. Forums are being overwritten by other technologies like Discord for example.

If you think me arrogant, just read all the sarcasm messages above that we're in the same club.

I will not turn my forum into a Telegram group and continue to come here to talk about the IPB.

I am not a Bitcoin religious, but I am not a fool to the point of not realizing that he is the seed of a new technology that will change a lot in the world of technology, including communities, whether you like it or not.

Regarding the speed of the Bitcoin network, the fact is that they have recently started to implement the Lightning Network and whether this will work or not, whatever for me
 This does not rule out the fact that hundreds of new platforms are being created with the technology born with it. That's the point and whether this might or might not become a way to monetize quality content to get away from tech giants like Google and Facebook.

From the beginning you are more concerned about talking about TV news, about bubbles, hypes, etc. That was never the point of this topic.

This thread is not about Bitcoin is about Micropayments to funding content

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/are-cryptocurrency-micropayments-the-future-of-content_us_58a1ba2de4b0e172783a9e86

https://www.thebalance.com/micropayments-are-the-future-of-content-delivery-4050087

1 hour ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

Kiddo,

You're going way off topic. I feel that your "topic" was done the second you posted in OP. Also as of late, the site currently is used for payments (hmm there's your main topic), member registration, and announcements/bulk mail. 

Sorry that everyone doesn't have a high volume backpacking forum that advertises other board software in the copyright line where only ips is supposed to be. Also where is everyone on your site begging you for coins? Also 4.3 was projected to get coins until stripe pulled the plug on coins, stripe a major processor.... Tell me now how coins will suffice in the world markets.

But I guess attacking people based on assumptions is cool too.

Thanks for your input kiddo ;)

I did not attack anyone, I told directly to you, that came here to put the Hashtag about the "#TheBubble" to provoke how kiddos do!  

I even wish it were off-topic to see that forums interactions are being replaced by platforms like what you are using on your site.  But this is a reality and your site is proof of that. It has already been used as a forum and it is not anymore. Has been superseded for softwares like Discord that only grows every day. Forums that resist, only resist for quality content.  Making content costs money and who pays for the content of all small websites like mine, which only great in public, but is small as business,  is Google AdSense and pays less and less.

You use IPB as a Virtual Store, this is good for you, you have managed to finance your community by selling something, it is not the same case for all forum owners who still use IPB as forums and who have good content and micropayments can help pay for this account.

If someone felt offended by what I said directly to you, who from the beginning only made provocations, I apologize to these people.

So far I could not understand what your point is.

1 hour ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

forum owners who still use IPB as forums and who have good content and micropayments can help pay for this account.

So again. "Invision"coin is not a viable option, it would be more cost effective to implement a way to process Bitcoin and the other mainstream coins to then convert into your local/most used Fiat currency.

So again this topic has degraded to pointless babble on how one runs their site vs how does one stay in the black and make profit. Instead you insist on pushing a coin that I can almost guarantee failure/no value and bashing everyone who is also trying to explain this to you.

There are already multiple micro payment systems available for the Invision Community.  There are multiple third party applications in the Marketplace for Points and Economy.  There's also Flattr, a microdonation platform that can potentially be integrated.   And I don't think anybody is disagreeing with your goal of obtaining and rewarding quality content.  

So with that said, why do you think blockchain technology is the best or only way to incentivize a micro-payments system on forums?  We've been rewarding users since the beginning of time with membergroups, trophies, permission systems, and everything else.  

14 hours ago, Joel R said:

So with that said, why do you think blockchain technology is the best or only way to incentivize a micro-payments system on forums?

You can not do this in your own database for a very simple reason: This coin would only be in your community and you would own the money printer. Only Mark Zuckerberg would get this, but he is a soldier from another group that already prints money.

Money = Credit

How many active users are there in all Invision communities? I'm going to kick a number: 5,000,0000

If I have 5 million active users, soon I have a market 5 million people who:

1 - Indirectly pay the content of these communities through advertising sales systems
When a user clicks on a banner and buys the banner-related product, he or she is indirectly paying for the content. On the other hand Google centralizes the customers who could directly buy these ads from the community.

2 - Buy services and products through virtual stores that use CREDIT systems centralized by giant companies that charge high fees to do this work

A credit system would serve among many other things to have an ad network. Ads for a market of 5,000,000 users and bilions of page vews.

At the same time, this credit system would help finance the improvements of this system of communities, as it could be determined in the project, as it has in almost all open-source blockchain projects, that part of the credits or currencies are destined to pay for development of the platform.

The only way to print reliable credits for a community of 5 million users is blockchain, why?

1 - For no one to centralize the power to print new credits. They must be finite.
2 - So that the expenses and transactions of these credits are audited in real time by these communities through the hundreds of nodes connected to this network.

So, it's not the same as a plugin that creates credits just for a community. It is a system of credits for a market of 5,000,000 users or whatever the number of active Invision users.

Why do these credits have real value? Because they will have real use in x thousand sites that run invision and the thousands of new sites that will join this network.

Archived