There is something funky going on with downloads app

SJ77

I have videos for download in downloads app. I’ve been getting hell from folks who have iPhone or iPad. 

I brought it up here and the general consensus was that the issue was due to wrong format. 

I NOW have tried every format I can using HandBrake to convert format including “Apple” “legacy Apple” “iPhone” etc MP4, mv4, mov 

small file size, large file size... makes no difference the videos NEVER play on iPhone. They try for a second then crap out

F8125748-85A1-4D22-BF3E-E3B42EBCF628.thumb.jpeg.aa3825a6b21877c9379a66362b4bca59.jpeg

5A7102B4-1B0C-4645-BD5E-738AE7EC648F.thumb.jpeg.b34d25ea7a9b18617df53861cb7b7937.jpeg

Anybody have any any experience getting videos to play in downloads app? Is it the app itself the issue here?

the bunny video does play on the link provided above using my iphone but when I add the video to downloads it craps out! Why??

I tried these settings for a video (see screen shot) the video plays on my iphone but NOT out of downloads.

Something seems funky with downloads. What am I missing here?

settings.JPG

10 hours ago, Fosters said:

Downloads won’t play any videos in the browser  because it sends the whole file to the browser as download and not as content item to display ( same will happen with Images , music ...)

youll need a custom plugin to change this behavior :) 

Why is iPhone the only device stupid enough to try and play the video while all other devices kick up a proper progress bar till the file downloads? ? 

2 minutes ago, superj707 said:

Why is iPhone the only device stupid enough to try and play the video while all other devices kick up a proper progress bar till the file downloads? ? 

No idea and it doesn't make sense:D Let's see if I can find it out via PM :D

Archived