Invision Board with Cloudflare

rinku2012

Hello,

Today i have setup IPB with cloudflare. after adding the name servers, i see that homepage has been messed up. its not coming as expected. when i pause the domain under cloudflare, then homepage is working fine

is there any settings in cloudflare should i disable/enable in order for my IPB board to work properly

41 minutes ago, rinku2012 said:

Hello,

Today i have setup IPB with cloudflare. after adding the name servers, i see that homepage has been messed up. its not coming as expected. when i pause the domain under cloudflare, then homepage is working fine

is there any settings in cloudflare should i disable/enable in order for my IPB board to work properly

Are you buy any chance use a skin from ehren (ipsfocus)?

Try to disable the CSS and JS minification in cloudflare. Go to Speed and make sure your settings are like these:

image.thumb.png.f7ccde81182facdf805b77c85932ce95.png

JS and CSS are minified by IPS so there is no disadvantage of having these options disabled. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I am thinking to add CloudFlare (free) to my VPS with IPB 4. Do you recommend it or there are some issues with invision community?

For example, IP addresses: are they still recorded correctly? Or statistics? ...

Please suggest me the best option. Thanks!

I am using Cloudflare with Argo for IPS 4. No problems.

I have enabled auto minify for Js, css, and html. No rocket loader. And do not set up a page rule to cache everything. I have page rules set up to 301 redirect non www and http to my desired https address. Matter of fact I use Cloudflare for my "individual" SSL. The free one is universal.

Cloudflare saved me 17gb of bandwidth in a month:

Cloudflare.thumb.jpg.01f68eba03738d22647bd3cbe4ed6307.jpg

On 1/3/2018 at 7:58 AM, jair101 said:

JS and CSS are minified by IPS so there is no disadvantage of having these options disabled. 

One school of thought I've read suggests using Cloudflare to minify taking the task off your server. I suppose with very large sites that could make a difference.

I've found Cloudflare useful especially for Geo blocking nuisance or unwanted countries such as Russia, Syria, North Korea, China, Iran etc which saves server resources as well as blocking their pesky bots and 'door rattlers'. I've also found it useful to block some bots before they get to my htacess and robots text rules.

I've not used Rocket Loader or the billable services.

I've had no issues with AdminCP but I did take a page out of some Wordpress tips and set up a Page Rule to prevent any issues with the AdminCP.

*mysite.com/community/admin*

Browser Integrity Check ON

Always Online OFF

Security Level HIGH

Cache Level BYPASS

Disable Apps (selected)

Disable Performance (selected)

15 hours ago, blacknight said:

Hello,

I am thinking to add CloudFlare (free) to my VPS with IPB 4. Do you recommend it or there are some issues with invision community?

For example, IP addresses: are they still recorded correctly? Or statistics? ...

Please suggest me the best option. Thanks!

I'm curious about the IP addresses as well.  On 2.0.4 (rofl) its the IP address of the CF node, so i cant IP track people or IP ban.  Is this changed on IPB 4 or is it a CF thing?

• 8 months later...

@rinku2012 @jair101   @PPlanet  @Fred Krugger

@blacknight @Christforums  @The Old Man 

Hello everybody! 

we are using the cloudflare premium, but unfortunately didnt think that cloudflare use would be not 100% compatible with ips and didnt research about it beforehand. (duh!) 

After some support tickets with our problems, we got the tip that cloudflare is not really good with ips, but i have read posts that have some tips on how to indeed use cloudflare with ipb.

to sum it all up, you all recommend /have you done:

- url exclusion of the admincp  ? https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172316-How-do-I-exclude-a-specific-URL-from-Cloudflare-s-caching-

- disable rocketloader.

- to correctly record ips  https://www.cloudflare.com/technical-resources/#mod_cloudflare 

and /or 

what else ?

We have not yet implemented the above, but are trying to gather info first.

The licence we have that is running IPS  4.3.6 does not show to have any issues while running on cloudflare. To be clear, we recently transferred this one to cloudflare as it was, there was no upgrade done on it , while with cloudflare. 

The other licence,   we upgraded  to 4.4 while on cloudflare but we had issues with members caches (on their devices) for days.

We ourselves didnt see any problem or when logging in as those members, didnt find issues, but after connecting via teamviewer with those members devices we saw the issues they had, which involved different things,  like:  not being able to post, (the post-box didnt expand) or to open the menu from their mobiles, or react to posts etc, and /or not being able to see latest posts in the  unread feed.  After some fidgeting around, now there are no other problems reported, hopefully. 

The licence we have , that is running 4.3.6  has not shown any problems in working with cloudflare, instead is working very very good, dispite us having done nothing else or the above suggested tips you have written down.  Now, we are afraid to upgrade it to 4.4 so as not to experience the above again. 

is there something recommended doing before/after the upgrade while using cloudflare?

I.e. something that is upgrade 4.4 related?

when we did the upgrade , we hadnt switched cloudflare off for it to be in development mode, i guess that was really wrong.

Currently our server is not yet controlled by the same person who is controlling cloudflare (things are complicated), this will change soon, so i am trying to connect those two and help them get uptodate with these parameters .  

Archived