(NB42) Enhanced Tags System

Hi @newbie LAC, I will move my question here:

@newbie LAC - do you have any idea if it is compatible with Advanced Tags and Prefixes by @Ryan H. ?

2 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

What do you want to check?

Mainly if there are possible compatibility issues as it seems both his and your apps hook in to the same area. For example I want to use the prefix functionality from his app and the tagging from yours. 

Also, what happens if the app is disabled, will the tags remain?

Hello,

30 minutes ago, jair101 said:

both his and your apps hook in to the same area

My app doesn't nothing with tags and tags field. Check only tags field and add html boxes.

40 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Also, what happens if the app is disabled, will the tags remain?

Nothing. Repeat my app doesn't nothing with tags (add/delete/change). Displayed only tags from database or from app on the add/edit form screen.

You can type the tag or add in one click

tags.thumb.gif.4c66a327ae058f47cd512215464b86d9.gif

App enabled

on.thumb.jpg.08f81c6492f4a6596f422610b4b2a6e9.jpg

App disabled

off.thumb.jpg.d2fc06ce4e613aa36d0545afef87fae4.jpg

Topic add form

on1.thumb.jpg.a95196dd245bb71e9e9afd97a29d9a66.jpg

App enabled

on2.jpg.c6e36de4de47efe061d5745f72f811c7.jpg

App disabled

off1.jpg.c52a03f9d76d230f2fd20a7e9d4b2219.jpg

App disabled. Topic edit form

off2.thumb.jpg.77d054f9b87c5148ff297df2e9650b2a.jpg

3 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Why does it have to use open tagging? I don't want my users to be able to add their own but only to be able to choose from a set, ie the ones I create using this app.

Hello,

See request topic.

The closed system looks like

tags.jpg.1b2eb0924529e943a0d873af1ed99b00.jpg

tags2.jpg.d5b3dfa5f88a88f4f5ecff92b3f815b3.jpg

tags3.jpg.e2d0978b844b64af45081041516ee455.jpg

Looks like 1 block.

I didn't test with closed system. Perhaps it will take a lot of extra work.

Ok, I'm having a small issue with the plugin. 
It works fine but I would like to allow this feature only in specific forums.  All forums have the same "tag" settings, but some forums appear grayed while others not. The only difference I can see is that grayed forums are hidden section for moderators & collaborators, while the others are open forums for everybody.  I have been playing with options, but I just can't think of the actual difference for a forum to appear disable or enables to include this feature.

tags_issue.thumb.jpg.0509f27a4d2e6b66a056c3fa88c0364c.jpg

How can I enable all the forums individually to use this plug in ?  If I check "all", I can use the tag set in all forums, but the forums I need to use these tag sets appeared grayed like the picture shows.

PS: not sure if I made myself very clear about this issue, let me know if I made no sense >_<

9 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

How can I enable all the forums individually to use this plug in ?  If I check "all", I can use the tag set in all forums, but the forums I need to use these tag sets appeared grayed like the picture shows.

Hello,

It's my mistake. Sorry.

Do you have an access to app files? If so I'll tell you what to change.

Yes, I have access.

But, I'm in no rush to fix  this since the website is closed to public and we are just creating content. For now, I enabled the tags in all forums and it is working.

You can take your time to fix it if you want and upload a new fixed version, and I will update when it is ready.  :)

Just now, gabs007 said:

Yes, I have access.

But, I'm in no rush to fix  this since the website is closed to public and we are just creating content. For now, I enabled the tags in all forums and it is working.

You can take your time to fix it if you want and upload a new fixed version, and I will update when it is ready.  :)

You will need remove 4 lines of code

\applications\nbenhtagssystem\sources\Set\Set.php

Find and remove

'permissionCheck'	=> function($node)
					{
						return $node->can('view', new \IPS\Member);
					}

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Koper74 said:

I've made the change in Set.php and now it works in forums.
Unfortunatly in pages the div#nbEnhTagsSystem doesn't appear in editor at all. Known issue?

Hello,

9 hours ago, Koper74 said:

Unfortunatly in pages the div#nbEnhTagsSystem doesn't appear in editor at all. Known issue?

What do you mean pages? Where the app doesn't works?

• 1 month later...

Having the app enabled, attempt to edit blog post.

Error: Class 'IPS\cms\Records5' not found (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(191): IPS\Content\nbenhtagssystem_hook_nbEnhTagsSystemContentItem::formElements(Object(IPS\blog\Entry), Object(IPS\blog\Blog))
#1 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(14): IPS\Content\rules_hook_ipsContentItem::formElements(Object(IPS\blog\Entry), Object(IPS\blog\Blog))
#2 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/applications/blog/sources/Entry/Entry.php(381): IPS\Content\hook753::formElements(Object(IPS\blog\Entry), Object(IPS\blog\Blog))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/system/Content/Item.php(121): IPS\blog\_Entry::formElements(Object(IPS\blog\Entry), Object(IPS\blog\Blog))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/system/Content/Item.php(153): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\blog\Blog), Object(IPS\blog\Entry))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/system/Content/Controller.php(439): IPS\Content\_Item->buildEditForm()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Content\_Controller->edit()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/applications/blog/modules/front/blogs/entry.php(60): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\blog\modules\front\blogs\_entry->execute()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/anthrodynamics.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Here is what I am looking for, and hoping this does or can do:

When a member starts typing in a tag it will show a list of similar tags that have already been used by others based on what they have typed so far.

So, if the member type "V" for "Victory" it will show them a list of tags to choose from that start with V. Once they get to "i" (Vi) it will show all the tags that start with Vi... so on and so on.

Kind of like a recommended tag selection. If they don't see any that are close to what they want, they create a new one.

"When a member starts typing in a tag it will show a list of similar tags that have already been used by others based on what they have typed so far.

So, if the member type "V" for "Victory" it will show them a list of tags to choose from that start with V. Once they get to "i" (Vi) it will show all the tags that start with Vi... so on and so on.

Kind of like a recommended tag selection. If they don't see any that are close to what they want, they create a new one."

This would allow one to see variations of the word being considered for tagging.  Such as Victor or Victorious which might also have been created in the past.  If one should see a bunch of similar tags it might then be prudent to create a tag called "Victory" and then reassign Victor and Victorious tagged content to Victory. 

As languages tend to have many different words or variations of those words meaning the same thing it will require some effort on users and the administrators to keep the amount of tags to the barest minimum and ensure all relevant content is tagged appropriately.  Other users may have created "Winner", "Winners", "Winning Side", etc.  Some consensus will need to be made as to which "tag" is appropriate and ensure everyone uses said tag and report any variation to ensure all content is assigned with the appropriate tag.  A little labor intensive in the beginning but once you have a good tag list defined it will get easier and less time consuming to manage.

Edited by LAUGHTERISGR84U
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, we're noticing some issues with this for Gallery. The tagging system only displays if a member uses the "add images" in an album, otherwise it won't load. This is from "add images" in the album view:

image.thumb.png.1c4ab1cc88621a7760b174e49d563c74.png

And using the "Create Menu" or "Add Images" from category view:

image.thumb.png.5bb1508a57c7431d184a5c3cf778a7a3.png

It would also appear that the selection for the tags no longer encompasses the entire tag, and gets cut off. Any help appreciated. Cheers!

Hello,

1 hour ago, AlexWright said:

Hi there, we're noticing some issues with this for Gallery. The tagging system only displays if a member uses the "add images" in an album, otherwise it won't load. This is from "add images" in the album view:

How to reproduce?

I don't see tags sets in any cases because there is no Tags field. There uses simple input field

7 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

How to reproduce?

I don't see tags sets in any cases because there is no Tags field. There uses simple input field

I'm not entirely sure. It occurs on all of our themes, but only from the Album view. We do have the setting "required tags" on and set to 1 if that makes a difference.