Used to have Flag counter in Wysiwyg block, now nothing

GoAncestry

Basically, I had created a WYSIWYG block to hold my counter code. It used to display the flag counter within the block.

Upon recent site visit, all of the blocks applied to the site were blank, displaying nothing. 

http://www.goancestry.com/forums/

At this address the block used to be in bottom right corner. After an edit to WYSIWYG, it seems the code is now being displayed. Again, not sure why the old block worked for over 6 months to just disappear now.

Currently it looks like you posted the code as text. Make sure to have source mode enabled by giving your membergroup the permission to post HTML. 

If you use Pages, I wouldn’t post it to the site directly as a WYSIWYG block, but instead create a custom block in the ACP which holds your code and then call that block wherever you need it. 

I did post it as text, attempting to get it displaying again, when posting it any other way, it is just a blank WYSIWYG block.

I have been trying to call it using a custom block, no luck.

When was the SOURCE button removed from the WYSIWYG block, and maybe a question would be WHY?  That seems to be what stopped those blocks from working as they had been for months.

Anyhow, If you can provide an assist and recommend how I can get that code working again on the site, I am up for it.

I did have to go to group permissions and set it for HTML (Which is NOT recommended, but is just for admin group so I did allow) to get the button to appear again. I have never changed this group permission, so something occurred in latest upgrade?? 

Now it does, source is there, still no display of flag counter.  Checking with counter software.  Maybe nothing to do with Forum software?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived