Blank screen when trying to access Admin CP

Hello,

I have a small board (maximum number of concurrent connections is 15), IP.Board version 3.4.8, hosted in an iMac. It has been working for years, but recently I have changed to a new iMac, and the transfer has not been completely successful. In the old iMac I tried to update the board to version 4.1.5, the conversion of the mysql tables to utf8 gave me some trouble but, in the end, apparently it was working ok. Then I transferred the files and the database to the new iMac but the board didn't work. I had to downgrade from PHP 7 to PHP 5.6 and restore the files of version 3.4.8. Currently, the board is working but if I try to login to the Admin CP I get a blank screen. The iMac is running 10.13.2 (High Sierra), with MySQL 5.7.16 and PHP 5.6.

I don't see any sql errors in board/cache or in mysql/data/mysql.local.err. No errors also in var/log/apache2/error_log

The idea is recover completely the 3.4.8 board, and then, to try to update again to 4.1.5, but I don't know how to do it as I don't see any errors.

Please, can anyone help me? I submitted a support ticket but they say that it's a server configuration problem.

Thanks in advance

27 minutes ago, jmmartin said:

Hello,

I have a small board (maximum number of concurrent connections is 15), IP.Board version 3.4.8, hosted in an iMac. It has been working for years, but recently I have changed to a new iMac, and the transfer has not been completely successful. In the old iMac I tried to update the board to version 4.1.5, the conversion of the mysql tables to utf8 gave me some trouble but, in the end, apparently it was working ok. Then I transferred the files and the database to the new iMac but the board didn't work. I had to downgrade from PHP 7 to PHP 5.6 and restore the files of version 3.4.8. Currently, the board is working but if I try to login to the Admin CP I get a blank screen. The iMac is running 10.13.2 (High Sierra), with MySQL 5.7.16 and PHP 5.6.

I don't see any sql errors in board/cache or in mysql/data/mysql.local.err. No errors also in var/log/apache2/error_log

The idea is recover completely the 3.4.8 board, and then, to try to update again to 4.1.5, but I don't know how to do it as I don't see any errors.

Please, can anyone help me? I submitted a support ticket but they say that it's a server configuration problem.

Thanks in advance

Dunno if it is helpful, but one white screen issue i had related to setting open_basedir but not allowing access to tmp.

One more thing, in one of the multiple attempts I succeeded to login to the Admin CP (the login window appeared and, after introducing the corresponding user and password data, the admin CP showed up). Just one time, the rest of the attempts has failed and the white screen appears.

18 minutes ago, jmmartin said:

One more thing, in one of the multiple attempts I succeeded to login to the Admin CP (the login window appeared and, after introducing the corresponding user and password data, the admin CP showed up). Just one time, the rest of the attempts has failed and the white screen appears.

Does anything come up in chrome devtools console when you try to load it?

Thank you for your help Morgin, but nothing comes up in chrome devtools console. When I use Safari, nothing comes up in the console neither, but I see a message in the resource tab saying  "There is an error trying to load a resource", but the message vanishes when the page finish trying to load.

Typically a white screen indicates a PHP error is generating and either errors are suppressed with the use of an @ symbol, or display_errors is off (ideally with errors logging to a file).

In short, I would check your PHP and server error logs to find out what is being logged - I suspect a PHP error is being triggered.

Note that IP.Board 3.x does not work on PHP 7.

Archived