Reactions Per User Group

@ChurchOfPop, can you tell me which issue did you had with the plugin? According to your review:

it's literally nothing that's already in the admin panel.

So, WITHOUT the plugin:

ukHARup.png

WITH the plugin:

M8jVlD3.png

c0dFYpr.png

I can clearly see the option to select which user groups will be able to use the reaction.

What more do you expect to find there?

It’s a good practice to request support before reviewing the file, btw.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tks for confirming it, @Leovaldo!

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Suggestion, would ti be hard to make this per user, rather then per group setting? Some of my users abuse reactions, for example they use "Funny" in a sarcastic way. I want to disable this reaction to them, something like "Ban from using reaction". 

But creating additional user groups only for this capability is not very practical. 

I'll take a look for a new version.

• 1 month later...

This plugin will give the admin the ability to choose which reactions each user group will be able to use across the suite. User will see only allowed reactions.

Please clarify:

1. "Who can see who reacted?":
    Will users, that don't have permissions to "use" a reaction, see how it was "used by permitted members"?. F.e. unpermitted users can see who and how many members clicked "this unusable reaction"?. Maybe a special permission setting could be very useful.
  2. If I create "a special reaction for moderators only", will then, if used, the "reaction receiver" be notified about this "only mods can use this reaction" reaction? (I don't want this, but maybe this should be configurable: "Who will be notified when someone gives a reaction?" 

EVERYTHING in IPS4 is group based. You won’t find anything for “specific user”, unless you create a group for this user only. Telling you this because it’s the third time you ask this in my topics. 

Regarding how it works:

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

1. A group named X can’t use a specific reaction but can see who used it. 

2. Notification is a core thing and my plugin doesn’t touch it. It only restrict specific groups from use specific reactions. That’s all.

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

EVERYTHING in IPS4 is group based. You won’t find anything for “specific user”, unless you create a group for this user only. Telling you this because it’s the third time you ask this in my topics. 

This is not true for the social promotion option:

image.thumb.png.e197367ec8f3662e3531168d3eaf97db.png

Not saying this to annoy you, but maybe you can see how IPS does it there and implement it if it is not hard. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria

I have a small issue with your plugin. Maybe this is an unusual case, but I changed the icon and name of the default reaction. When the plugin is enabled, the default reaction is completely disabled.

List of reactions:

reactions.thumb.jpg.45a11df22384603476a21a5f47a6472c.jpg

Plugin enabled:

bad.jpg.3f127135349267efdb97c7cc9d1c3f8f.jpg

Plugin disabled:

good.jpg.1fffc08e24bab58ff93b1e0482ce3eec.jpg

Trying to change the settings of the default reaction, the plugin menu doesn't show up:

option.thumb.jpg.1d952d0fb38c1c18309fb72129698e6a.jpg