Edit silently grace period

ChrisVanMeer

I was wondering. For a certain group of users I would like them to be able to edit their posts afterwards. I know that is "Can edit own content?". I don't want them to allow for silent editing, but I do would like to allow for a certain "grace" period that they in fact can edit silently.

For instance, when a user posts something and edits it within x minutes, it will edit it silently. After that x minutes, I want the edit to be not silently. Is this possible?

Hello,

Yes I know exactly what you mean, in that if they edit it within say x minutes there is no "edited by..." line or specifics shown but after that grace period any edit is indicated by that line.

There is the option to allow them to edit with / without the line showing however (as I read it, correct me if I am wrong) you do not want to give them the ability to switch this on or off, merely not show the "edit by" line at all for a few minutes, to allow correction for simple typo's or other.

I'm not immediately aware of a third party plugin that would offer this, not for the IPS4 Suite at least, I do vaguely recall something like this for a previous version however.

1 hour ago, ChrisVanMeer said:

I was wondering. For a certain group of users I would like them to be able to edit their posts afterwards. I know that is "Can edit own content?". I don't want them to allow for silent editing, but I do would like to allow for a certain "grace" period that they in fact can edit silently.

For instance, when a user posts something and edits it within x minutes, it will edit it silently. After that x minutes, I want the edit to be not silently. Is this possible?

To clarify.....

Edit time restriction is, for example, 30 minutes.

Edit silently is enabled, but you want them to be allowed to edit silently for, for example, for 10 minutes but then for the next 20 minutes after that then they need to add the reason for edit?

A while back, I developed a plugin to provide enhancements around the 'Reason for edit' field but never released it to the Marketplace....I can look at adding this to it if so, and then pop it on the MP then.

32 minutes ago, AndyF said:

Hello,

Yes I know exactly what you mean, in that if they edit it within say x minutes there is no "edited by..." line or specifics shown but after that grace period any edit is indicated by that line.

There is the option to allow them to edit with / without the line showing however (as I read it, correct me if I am wrong) you do not want to give them the ability to switch this on or off, merely not show the "edit by" line at all for a few minutes, to allow correction for simple typo's or other.

I'm not immediately aware of a third party plugin that would offer this, not for the IPS4 Suite at least, I do vaguely recall something like this for a previous version however.

Yes exactly

26 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

To clarify.....

Edit time restriction is, for example, 30 minutes.

Edit silently is enabled, but you want them to be allowed to edit silently for, for example, for 10 minutes but then for the next 20 minutes after that then they need to add the reason for edit?

A while back, I developed a plugin to provide enhancements around the 'Reason for edit' field but never released it to the Marketplace....I can look at adding this to it if so, and then pop it on the MP then.

Correct. That would be much appreciated!

Archived