Help with tweaking some CSS

PPlanet

I've been playing a bit with my forum's colour patterns. So, I'm trying to achieve a combination of light grey, white with touches of blue here and there (mainly buttons). That was easy to achieve by simply changing the colours of my theme (which is just a copy of the native IPS 4.2.6 one). However, I'm stuck when it comes to some menus.

1 - How can I change the top right (+ Create, notification and mail icons, member's name menu) from white to dark grey or black like it is here on IPS?

5a1ccabfd99b0_ScreenShot2017-11-28at1_23_04pm.png.9d23bf7ccb1d76df109ed97e911b1d14.png

(I mean just the colour, not the absence of avatar)

And...

2 - The top row of the main navigation menu like this:

5a1cca8aa5e6f_ScreenShot2017-11-28at1_25_03pm.png.c4da0aa056130a7024158250e89244f4.png

How can I achieve all caps? I tried simply using caps by retying the menu titles (like Browse, Activity and Support) but the other type of menus like Store, etc. don't allow you to type the name as far as I could see. So, it's there a way to do this properly via CSS?

Hi there, I'll try to help:

1. Find in your theme template css:

#elUserNav > li > a { color: #999; font-size: 1.2rem; }

Change the color hex to the color you want. 

2. Same deal, find:

.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li > a, html[dir="ltr"] #elBackHome, html[dir="rtl"] #elBackHome { 
	font-size: 13px;
	font-weight: 600;
	letter-spacing: 0.5px;
	}

In your CSS (just the class), add to it: text-transform: uppercase; before the closing brace.

Archived