Jump to content
You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

Members Shop ( Support Topic )


TheJackal84

Recommended Posts

I've definitely more important questions and concerns that I am awaiting answers for, but I thought I'd point this out, as it may be a bug/glitch.

I've checked every possible settings in Members Shop and all Permissions settings, and for some reason, even though Members Shop and all aspects of it should be fully disabled for my 'Members' group, there is still the 'Points Donation' option when clicking on their profile name and the drop down of settings show. In Applications, I even disabled Members Shop, and then set access only to Admin, and it still shows to non admins.

Donations.gif.6ae4eee8ff7d3952bb09afae1b504107.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

How to set 1 point = 1 like (any emoticon reaction)?

In your admin dashboard, in the top search bar, type in Reputation & Reactions, or in the left panel go to Members, then you will see under the MEMBER SETTINGS, Reputation & Reactions. Once  you open that, click on the 2nd tab, Reactions. Then for each reaction, you can edit and set points for each one.

reaction-membersshop.thumb.png.55a297317f22ae3a50bd7d27cff25cea.png
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feature Request

Allow members to spend the coins, to buy a Member Group (a specified group) [Members > Members > Group].

Allow members to post a topic in a specified Forum.

 

Bug

If I give the point from the ACP (Member Preferences > Member Shop or From Member Shop > Point > Settings > Award Points) when I spend the coin, the system doesn't remove the points from the user!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an exception.

The scenario:

Remove messages permanent from the removed messages page via ModCP

The exception:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(85): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(211): IPS\membersshop_hook_MemberHook->removePoints()
#2 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(719): IPS\forums\membersshop_hook_TopicHook->delete()
#3 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Deleted.php(188): IPS\forums\tthumb_hook_forums_Topic->delete()
#4 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Deleted.php(50): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Deleted->modaction()
#5 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(109): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Deleted->manage()
#6 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#7 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

image.thumb.png.3859f519b3c6d7dbb4ca0462f73ebe39.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2020 at 12:06 AM, Keegan_L said:

Bug

If I give the point from the ACP (Member Preferences > Member Shop or From Member Shop > Point > Settings > Award Points) when I spend the coin, the system doesn't remove the points from the user!

I've just recently started using Members Shop on my forum, but reading what you wrote about this bug, I decided NOT to award all members a certain amount of points when launching this new feature. Hopefully this can get fixed, as I would like to award people points here and there if I think they are deserving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SC36DC said:

I've just recently started using Members Shop on my forum, but reading what you wrote about this bug, I decided NOT to award all members a certain amount of points when launching this new feature. Hopefully this can get fixed, as I would like to award people points here and there if I think they are deserving.

There has always been a bug with awarding points. I used that feature to award bonus points for Christmas 2018 and all the points from every user were reset. Everyone got the same points and old points were deleted despite me selecting the right settings/options.

I reported it 2 years ago but guess the bug still exists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, James101 said:

There has always been a bug with awarding points. I used that feature to award bonus points for Christmas 2018 and all the points from every user were reset. Everyone got the same points and old points were deleted despite me selecting the right settings/options.

I reported it 2 years ago but guess the bug still exists.

Oh wow. I guess I will NEVER use this feature then. There must be a work around to awarding someone points. I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting this James, I appreciate the heads up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@James101

One workaround I came up with.

Select the Mystery Points Box, rename it, possibly to 'Bonus Points', 'Enjoy', 'Thank You', etc.

Set the min and max random amount to whatever you'd like to award them, set the win percent to 100%, then set the price of the item to a crazy amount. Then just give yourself an amount of points to cover the cost. Buy the item yourself, then send it to the person you want to give the points to. This should work right?

 

Edited by SC36DC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SC36DC said:

@James101

One workaround I came up with.

Select the Mystery Points Box, rename it, possibly to 'Bonus Points', 'Enjoy', 'Thank You', etc.

Set the min and max random amount to whatever you'd like to award them, set the win percent to 100%, then set the price of the item to a crazy amount. Then just give yourself an amount of points to cover the cost. Buy the item yourself, then send it to the person you want to give the points to. This should work right?

 

You could just donate points directly through the user's profile on front end rather than going through so much setup?

http://prntscr.com/vyg4fb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, James101 said:

You could just donate points directly through the user's profile on front end rather than going through so much setup?

http://prntscr.com/vyg4fb

Obviously, yes! I totally forgot about the 'Donate' feature. Of course, this would be much easier. I had the 'award points' idea stuck in my head, I guess because I was thinking of sending points to multiple people at the same time.

Thanks for reminding me of the Donate option. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole points system and redeeming items, or paying for Downloads with points, etc. is so helpful and useful. It gives the members on the forum a better sense of gamification. Where just by participating on the forum, they are earning points where they can purchase items. I wish this was a built in feature that offered the same functionality. We need more ways to show how a Forum is or can be better than a Facebook Group. Example on what I've done on my forum so far.

I work with Photoshop, After Effects, etc a lot with what I do on my website. So I created custom made Desktop Wallpapers, Mobile Wallpapers for both iOS and Android, Profile Photos, Cover Photos, Signature Banners, Profile Backgrounds, that can all be purchased with points from the Downloads section. So besides the normal Member Shop items, they can use their points for all this stuff too.

I plan on adding animated Profile Photos and animated Cover Photos, for a higher price as well. I've also added the custom Member Shop items where they could get a CUSTOM Profile Photo or Cover Photo made by me.

Hopefully @TheJackal84 continues to support this and his other applications, as this really is or can be a game changer of a feature.

Edited by SC36DC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Keegan_L said:

In the end, give the points from ACP, is not recommended and buggy

seems like @TheJackal84 wasn't active for 2 months regarding his profile activity...so no support for his addons?

I just purchased this and I need a fix of the exception I posted before, especially older issues mentioned here...=\

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2020 at 10:35 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry people had a lot going on with home life the last month or so, hopefully I'll be back online properly with in the next week or 2 I will get to everyone as soon as I can, sorry again for the absence but ill make it up to everyone, you can all hold me to that

@IceCore

Edited by Keegan_L
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly do hope things are ok for TheJackal with whatever he has been dealing with in his personal life. I had a point back in the late 2000's when I was personally dealing with depression, and I had simply abandoned my website, and eventually lost it and and the domain name, since I had failed to re-register it. So I understand how things can get. Hopefully it is nothing as serious.

Regarding all of his plugins, it would be nice to know there is a contingency plan, in case TheJackal decides one day that he can no longer maintain supporting all of his plugins. Possibly there is another developer he can connect with that could take over some if not all of his plugins?

Please come back to us @TheJackal84, we all need you sir! 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at version 2.0.6, credits for reactions - still doesn't work properly. To be clear - it works fine for posts in a topic. However it doesn't work on:

  • Images in the Gallery
  • Image Albums in the Gallery
  • Statuses and their replies
  • And one or two other areas that I might have missed. 
    • If someone has Blogs does it work there?

I first reported this way back in August, and I'd like to inform you that it's still broken. Is there going to be a fix for this in the near future, @TheJackal84? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tripp★
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone already posted about this, but I'd like to point out some issues with Members Shop and Downloads and request a fix.

1. If you have files set to where they can be purchased with points from Members Shop, when you visit a page for a file in the Downloads section, even if you don't have enough points to download the file, or even if you have 0 points, the button still says 'Download this file'. Is there any way that the button could show different text, or even a red button if they don't have enough points to download the file to begin with?

2. If someone does not have enough points to download a file, but they still click the 'Download this file' button, they will see my terms that I wrote first, then they click the 'Agree & Download' button, then they get the message 'You don't have enough Points to download this file'. So if something can be done, as I mentioned in 1., then this would save from people getting frustrated from having gone through those steps. ALSO, even though they weren't able to download the file, under File Information on the file's page, it still counts it as a download. So the 'Downloads' count increases even though they didn't actually download the file.

As a test, I got to the 'You don't have enough Points to download this file'. page, I kept refreshing that page, and it counted each time as download.

Now I want to try and figure out how to hide the 'Downloads' part under 'File Information' since it severely incorrect. If anyone know how to do this, please let me know.

 

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, IceCore said:

I have an exception.

The scenario:

Remove messages permanent from the removed messages page via ModCP

The exception:


OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(85): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(211): IPS\membersshop_hook_MemberHook->removePoints()
#2 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(719): IPS\forums\membersshop_hook_TopicHook->delete()
#3 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Deleted.php(188): IPS\forums\tthumb_hook_forums_Topic->delete()
#4 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Deleted.php(50): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Deleted->modaction()
#5 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(109): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Deleted->manage()
#6 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#7 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/xxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

image.thumb.png.3859f519b3c6d7dbb4ca0462f73ebe39.png

Will look into it mate

On 12/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, SC36DC said:

I've just recently started using Members Shop on my forum, but reading what you wrote about this bug, I decided NOT to award all members a certain amount of points when launching this new feature. Hopefully this can get fixed, as I would like to award people points here and there if I think they are deserving.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, James101 said:

There has always been a bug with awarding points. I used that feature to award bonus points for Christmas 2018 and all the points from every user were reset. Everyone got the same points and old points were deleted despite me selecting the right settings/options.

I reported it 2 years ago but guess the bug still exists.

Just checked this on my dev site and it works fine, mass awarded the points to a certain group and they all got awarded and logged

On 12/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, Tripp★ said:

Looking at version 2.0.6, credits for reactions - still doesn't work properly. To be clear - it works fine for posts in a topic. However it doesn't work on:

  • Images in the Gallery
  • Image Albums in the Gallery
  • Statuses and their replies
  • And one or two other areas that I might have missed. 
    • If someone has Blogs does it work there?

I first reported this way back in August, and I'd like to inform you that it's still broken. Is there going to be a fix for this in the near future, @TheJackal84? Thanks in advance.

Will check it out mate, hopefully all ready for next week

On 11/30/2020 at 9:30 PM, KPDub said:

Any further update @TheJackal84 when member goals will be available for 4.5

also, how can you change the date the task runs for the monthly goal?

Am working on it today, most is done just got to add some of my other apps to it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy