Members Shop ( Support Topic )

Hello @TheJackal84 I run a simple Invision site that uses the downloads module only. I am thinking to use this plugin ONLY as follows:

I simply want to be able to reward (and track) people that submit files to the website (ie award points for an upload) and also reward them based on how popular the file they submit is (ie award points for downloads of that file by other people). I will then make some custom shop items with rewards like 100 points = $10 Amazon voucher which I will manually PM them with once they redeem their points. Will this work?

Also, all downloads will be free. Do I have to display the "FREE" cost for each file like you have in your screenshots? The only people that points are relevant for will be uploaders/people who submit a file.

11 hours ago, Soluna16 said:

Please someone help me, no users that registered after I installed this app are receiving any points

what version are you using?

5 hours ago, darth12 said:

I simply want to be able to reward (and track) people that submit files to the website (ie award points for an upload) and also reward them based on how popular the file they submit is (ie award points for downloads of that file by other people). I will then make some custom shop items with rewards like 100 points = $10 Amazon voucher which I will manually PM them with once they redeem their points. Will this work?

there are many ways you could do it, you could offer them points to upload then you can set the points per download, so every download they receive will award them points, But if you do that you should restrict the amount of downloads people have in-case they download the same file 10 times in a row and make sure you are logging the downloads so yiu can see if anyone is abusing it and if they are it's down to you what you do with them,

Other way is allow them to charge points for their files, they upload and set the file to be 10 points then you take a % of that etc etc etc,

6 hours ago, darth12 said:

Also, all downloads will be free. Do I have to display the "FREE" cost for each file like you have in your screenshots? The only people that points are relevant for will be uploaders/people who submit a file.

it only shows free on mine cos I have nexus enabled and allow files to be sold for $$$ so that's why it will say free as some are free some are $$$ on there

Is there an ability for users to convert their points to cash and cashout via the withdraw system or manually?  I really need something where my users can sell their point they own, convert them (500 points to 1 USD) and use the withdraw system to get paid via paypal or manually.  I doesn't appear that your Members Shop has this.

Edited by Bluto
5 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Is there an ability for users to convert their point to cash and cashout via the withdraw system or manually?  I really need something where my users can sell their point they own, convert them (500 points to 1 USD) and use the withdraw system to get paid via paypal or manually.  I doesn't appear that your Members Shop has this.

there's no way to do it automatically if you did want a manual way to do it, then you would create a custom shop item for say 500 points and in the description you say they will get 1USD, you can make one for 2500 and say they will get 5USD and so on, once they redeem it you will get a admin notification saying they redeemed x item and you need to manually award it, then go to their account and manually add the credit, this way you can also check their account and point logs to make sure they earned the points properly before you give them your hard earned $$$

Edited by TheJackal84
11 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

there's no way to do it automatically if you did want a manual way to do it, then you would create a custom shop item for say 500 points and in the description you say they will get 1USD, you can make one for 2500 and say they will get 5USD and so on, once they redeem it you will get a admin notification saying they redeemed x item and you need to manually award it, then go to their account and manually add the credit, this way you can also check their account and point logs to make sure they earned the points properly before you give them your hard earned $$$

Thanks for the reply.  Basic points (by Mike John) has it and member can redeem point for account credit and then that account credit (per admin approval or not) can be withdrawn.  I was mistaken to say it was withdrawn directly to paypal.

Would be be possible to have the ability to allow member to cash their points out for account credit and then let commerce take care of the rest? (see below)  The phone number in the screenshot below is part of the custom fields he has for cashouts, incase there are other fields the admin wants.

My members would love to have the option of making real money.

1373146564_Screenshotfrom2019-11-0204-23-05.thumb.png.ab10b88ba0ddc745a81b7c06e8df4c4e.png

1454369778_Screenshotfrom2019-11-0204-26-33.thumb.png.c11d391e15ba9b0dc34e7f0ad92722ac.png

2118493343_Screenshotfrom2019-11-0204-25-50.thumb.png.0d26f4ec77c5cf0de004a04bda6224ec.png

1234320526_Screenshotfrom2019-11-0204-26-16.thumb.png.6f535fa8adbd30262615fe447a6b0cb4.png

Edited by Bluto
14 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Would be be possible to have the ability to allow member to cash their points out for account credit and then let commerce take care of the rest? (see below)

My members would love to have the option of making real money.

Like I say there is a way to do it via custom items but you would need to add the credit via the ACP your self instead of clicking a button to confirm it

Step 1 Create a item

spacer.png

When purchased you will see this in the ACP

spacer.png

If viewing you see this

spacer.png

if you click the notification it takes you to here where you can check the item,

spacer.png

Now check the members logs ( Optional ) on how they earned points

And go to their profile in the ACP and manually add the credit what is a default IPS feature, Once added go back to that notification and click the little star button and mark it awarded while sending the member a PM saying it has been added

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Thanks.  That's a lot of steps when I have a lot of members who are cashing out.  Would you consider adding it like in Mike John's app?  I really need a streamlined approach to cashing out.

Not as a standard feature no, it's not the way I want this app to go.

You'll probably be better buying @Mike John's app instead of asking people to duplicate what he has already made and adding it in their one's, It's not really fair on him lol

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Not as a standard feature no, it's not the way I want this app to go.

You'll probably be better buying @Mike John's app instead of asking people to duplicate what he has already made and adding it in their one's, It's not really fair on him lol

Fair enough it's your app. 

His app is missing a lot.  I've wrote in his thread about it.  He's a solid developer but I think he wants to keep it a basic points system, as per the name. 

I don't think cashing out points is some kind of revolutionary idea, if it was I could see your position on "copying" someone else's unique idea and being fair.

5 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Fair enough it's your app. 

His app is missing a lot.  I've wrote in his thread about it.  He's a solid developer but I think he wants to keep it a basic points system, as per the name. 

I don't think cashing out points is some kind of revolutionary idea, if it was I could see your position on "copying" someone else's unique idea and being fair.

so if you need it that bad, find out where he stores his members points then buy both applications, now only use his for the points app for the transfers and disable the rest, now for mine I will tell you have to edit the file ( what will take literally 2 minutes ) and you can add the place he uses his points for my application, now any time someone earns points using my app, it will send all them points to mike johns database in his app, basically they will work in sync, instead of using my database for points you will use his

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

so if you need it that bad, find out where he stores his members points then buy both applications, now only use his for the points app for the transfers and disable the rest, now for mine I will tell you have to edit the file ( what will take literally 2 minutes ) and you can add the place he uses his points for my application, now any time someone earns points using my app, it will send all them points to mike johns database in his app, basically they will work in sync, instead of using my database for points you will use his

Thanks for the idea.  I'm not really sure I want to have two apps working at the same time.  Going down that road could be an issue in the future and I wouldn't want something going wrong when it deals with people getting paid for their points.

I believe I'm just going to buy your app because it has way more features than MJ is every going to add.  I'm also a pro with Automation Rules and you have that integration.  I might just make the cashout requirements a higher points total so that there are fewer cashouts and more time for the users to spend the points in the members shop.

Maybe you'd want to make the cashout a separate plugin?  But I understand if you don't want to copy MJs stuff.

Edited by Bluto
On 11/2/2019 at 9:27 AM, Bluto said:

Maybe you'd want to make the cashout a separate plugin?  But I understand if you don't want to copy MJs stuff.

I have made this application so I can make personal custom items for peoples sites as some need items what won't work well on this app, I have made quite a few like PDF viewing, sending data to another server to link up prizes and so on, So if you wanted I could make you a custom shop item what will can do that you can just make a category for actual cash redemption's then create items in there for them and the add-on will automatically add it all or it can automatically add it all pending approval ( one click from you ), It is up to you if you wanted it as a shop item but it would look a lot better and match in with the shop, but I don't mind doing it another way as a custom / personal add-on one

Edited by TheJackal84
2 hours ago, DarkClaWz said:

by the way, forgot to mention it.
when a member buys a custom item he gets an error message (the purchase still catches in).
why is that happening ?

I'll check it out, I am currently working on a new update anyway what will probaly deserve a 2.0.0 status ( thought near on 200 sales might as well make a 2.0.0 version of it :biggrin: )

Hey,

The teaser for 2.0 looks good! Any ETA when would you release that?

On a side note, I had two requests if you could look into it - 

1. Can you add a flood control setting to the bonus points transferring option where members send bonus points to each other and the option to exempt staff from flood control?

2. Can you somehow integrate with donations app (https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7615-donations/). We currently offer certain amount of bonus points for every donation and have to transfer the points manually to each donor. If you could integrate it with the above plugin where the user automatically gets bonus points on donation? 

Its not a big deal as we could do it manually but was just wondering.

8 hours ago, Soluna16 said:

Update to 1.2.4 there was a fix after 1.1.9 with a fix for that

9 hours ago, Priyesh said:

The teaser for 2.0 looks good! Any ETA when would you release that?

Have not got a scooby, This is a big update and has already had lots of re-writing and I have only just done the shop front ( This is a massive app when you browse the code )

1. Can you add a flood control setting to the bonus points transferring option where members send bonus points to each other and the option to exempt staff from flood control?

I can look into something like this

2. Can you somehow integrate with donations app (https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7615-donations/). We currently offer certain amount of bonus points for every donation and have to transfer the points manually to each donor. If you could integrate it with the above plugin where the user automatically gets bonus points on donation? 

At the minute I am trying not to add any other extensions as the app is already big and has lot's of hooks in it, so will rethink how to go with the hooks etc, I can give you a code to add to the donations app though where it will add points and log them via the acp or you can ask the developer if he will be willing to add it to his app and it will only require like 2-3 lines of code to his app, where as I would need to create more hooks and so on :biggrin:

2.0.0 should be available soon, If anyone wants to BETA test it then send me a PM I should have BETA ready in a day or two, Most of if not all of the application should work without having to reload any pages once you are on the apps modules itself.

Like I say anyone wanna BETA test it send me a PM ( This of course is only available to those with active licenses )

On 11/3/2019 at 10:16 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Little teaser for 2.0.0

I know @Joel R will like this one I remember him wanting smoother ways to buy and use items

spacer.png

From the index to the categories to buying and using and not 1 page reload :biggrin:

PS there will be confirmation pop ups when buying etc, this is just a rough draft

I'm seeing this available on your website, and the ACP tells me that there is an update for it, however it doesn't seem to be the case on the IPS Marketplace. 

On 11/21/2019 at 9:26 AM, Tripp★ said:

I'm seeing this available on your website, and the ACP tells me that there is an update for it, however it doesn't seem to be the case on the IPS Marketplace. 

I just need to get them all ready to upload here, It is not just members shop as the add-on's needed to be updated to work with the new code too, Hopefully it won't be later than tomorrow :biggrin: