Members Shop ( Support Topic )

On 11/3/2018 at 9:40 PM, United We Stand said:

@TheJackal84  Yes the points you earn via posting, etc we'd like to have it converted to Reputation like each hour it will run this, so if someone earned say 40 points it would convert it to reputation and give them 2 rep (since we want a ratio of 20 points = 1 reputation).

I can probably create a item what you can sell reputation points for, i.e buy 2 rep for 20 points etc, I doubt a lot of people will use that feature so a new item would be best as if they don't use to they don't need to

On 11/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, mardiv said:

Hi, does it work with pages db? Or will any time soon?thx

No it's got no pages hooks in it

On 11/5/2018 at 4:00 AM, Priyesh said:

Any ETA for the next update? Waiting for it excitedly!

Not yet, I have had a lot to do lately so  had to put it on hold until I finished the other

14 hours ago, Fleiding said:

I get the following error when trying to add new items

Sent you a PM

Some concerns I'd like to remind for consideration for the announced upcoming big update please:

Promote item to promote to secondary member groups

It would be really great, if you could consider the "promote member group" item could promote to secondary member groups.

My regular subscriptions promote members into secondary premium groups, so the item, that can be purchased by points, should also follow this functionality or it'll probably create a lot of chaos if primary and secondary group promotions get mixed up 😉 

Points for (1) reaction giver and (2) points value differentiation between "reaction areas"

Monthly points if subscribed (opted-in) for bulk email

This would really make sense, to drive and push the opt-ins into our newsletter

Points depreciation after inactivity time x

As an optional setting

# reduce points by x% per week/month/year if longer inactive than x days

I don't want to create trouble with bringing up old suggestions, but I kindly ask for consideration as they are important for my app usage.

Thanks you.

51 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I wonder if you can do daily points, but make them negative.  For example, for every day you're a member -2?

Good idea.

I think the "member inactivity" (=last visit or real last visit) should get more attention

f.e.

• only award reaction points if member's last visit isn't older than x days
  • only award response posts points if member's last visit isn't older than x days
  • only award weekly/monthly/yearly points if….
  • only award bank interest if ...

There are many cases where it would make sense, if we could exclude inactive members from receiving points, if they are offline for a longer time. If my members would know, that they won't receive anymore points after day x, they would login more often and it would drive up the community engagement.

Similar to the "inactivity rule" it would also be great to do the same with f.e. "bulk email opt-ins", so we as admins can choose to not award members, that are currently not subscribed for bulk email. That would help the email marketing a lot.

Edited by Cyboman

Every time I go to edit any group after I installed the application I get this error. Also, the changes don't stick.

UPDATE `core_groups` core_groups  SET `g_icon`='monthly_2018_10/Governor.png.015fadcac450a5aa8ffa8392105a1806.png',`g_promote_exclude`=true,`g_view_board`=true,`g_dohtml`=false,`g_access_offline`=true,`g_hide_online_list`=false,`g_post_polls`=true,`g_vote_polls`=true,`g_close_polls`=false,`g_append_edit`=true,`g_avoid_flood`=true,`g_avoid_q`=true,`g_bypass_badwords`=true,`g_edit_posts`=1,`g_hide_own_posts`=1,`g_delete_own_posts`=1,`g_lock_unlock_own`=1,`g_can_report`=1,`g_view_displaynamehistory`=true,`g_edit_profile`=true,`g_upload_animated_photos`=true,`g_can_msg_attach`=true,`ms_can_bank`=true,`ms_daily_points`=0,`discord_role`='0',`g_blog_allowcomment`=true WHERE g_id=4 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'ms_daily_points' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/hogwarts/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Patterns\\...', Array)
#1 /home/hogwarts/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`core_groups` c...', '`g_icon`=?,`g_p...', 'WHERE g_id=?')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/hogwarts/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(120): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 /home/hogwarts/public_html/system/Member/Group.php(323): IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 /home/hogwarts/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(223): IPS\Member\_Group->save()
#6 /home/hogwarts/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#7 /home/hogwarts/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/hogwarts/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#9 /home/hogwarts/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

image.thumb.png.9f2c959c9bcb3697293520e82d757a6d.png

Thank you in advance for any help! 🙂

After instaling newest version I get:
uncaught_exception | https://www.xxxxx/profile/6449-xxx/?tab=activity         |         0 |
| 56492 | NULL            |           NULL | Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::rulesDataClass() (0)
#0 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(201): IPS\rules\extensions\core\Profile\_ProfileLogs->showTab()
#1 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#2 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#4 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    | #0 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/init.php(537): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

3 minutes ago, keshas said:

After instaling newest version I get:
uncaught_exception | https://www.xxxxx/profile/6449-xxx/?tab=activity         |         0 |
| 56492 | NULL            |           NULL | Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::rulesDataClass() (0)
#0 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(201): IPS\rules\extensions\core\Profile\_ProfileLogs->showTab()
#1 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#2 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#4 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    | #0 /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/init.php(537): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

That is a error with the RULES application you have installed, hence IPS\rules\extensions\core\Profile\_ProfileLogs->showTab()

You will need to speak to the developer of the RULES app, Members Shop has not had a update in about 2 months, it only says updated yesterday because I added the black friday sale and the downloads make it look like a new version got uploaded when in fact it did not :biggrin:, I have been working on a big update to members shop what is getting released soon, but as for the error you will need to speak to the dev of that app

On 11/13/2018 at 4:34 PM, StormyWays13 said:

I have purchased Font Awesome Pro, is there a way to hook that in so I can use those icons for member shop item icons?

Thank you.

it will need to be font-awesome 4, if you have font awesome 5 it will not work, that is not just this app but the whole IPS suite, it is made for font-awesome 4, the reason why is that the fa fa- is now fas fa- and so on, so IPS will need to rewrite lots to make it work with 5, as soon as IPS support font awesome 5 I will add it all to this app and all my other apps, you will need to post in the feedback forums requesting font-awersome 5 in IPS 4.4 or something and hope it gets a lot of yes pleases on there, then IPS might look to doing it, I have not heard of any 5 coming soon though

On 11/16/2018 at 2:27 AM, TheJackal84 said:

it will need to be font-awesome 4, if you have font awesome 5 it will not work, that is not just this app but the whole IPS suite, it is made for font-awesome 4, the reason why is that the fa fa- is now fas fa- and so on, so IPS will need to rewrite lots to make it work with 5, as soon as IPS support font awesome 5 I will add it all to this app and all my other apps, you will need to post in the feedback forums requesting font-awersome 5 in IPS 4.4 or something and hope it gets a lot of yes pleases on there, then IPS might look to doing it, I have not heard of any 5 coming soon though

While IPS may not support FA5 yet as we have a lot to work on and consider there are ways to allow for this, in fact I personally use FA5 on my personal sites. It requires a minor edit to the custom.css and including the FA5 code. It would be beneficial if you allowed users to provide FA5 icons.

If you include the CDN or similar the code you need to make both FA4 and FA5 to work is:

.fa {
  font-family: "FontAwesome" !important;
}

With this and including the FA import code FA5 codes will work as well as all FA4 icons currently included on IPS.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:16 AM, Gilly said:

Pre sale question

Is it possible to use the points you get to purchase an item from commerce application? 

I know you buy points but I am not sure if you can spend points on the commerce application

Thank you very much. 

@TheJackal84 Curious about this myself as my staff are considering the purchase of this application and are curious as to whether this is a feature or not.

(If it is not a feature, that's fine... they are just inquisitive)

On 11/18/2018 at 6:16 AM, Gilly said:

Pre sale question

Is it possible to use the points you get to purchase an item from commerce application? 

I know you buy points but I am not sure if you can spend points on the commerce application

Thank you very much. 

5 hours ago, capei said:

@TheJackal84 Curious about this myself as my staff are considering the purchase of this application and are curious as to whether this is a feature or not.

No you can not use the points to buy via commerce

16 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:
On 11/18/2018 at 1:16 AM, Gilly said:

Pre sale question

Thank you very much. 

22 hours ago, capei said:

No you can not use the points to buy via commerce

Will there ever be one in the near future?