Members Shop ( Support Topic )

1 minute ago, BradTBP said:

If a member is in multiple member groups, will this cause a problem?

to be honest, I don't know, it is not something I have checked, I do need to sort out better permissions for secondary groups etc so if you don't mind testing it and letting me know, Then I can add it to my notes etc

A couple feature requests:

1) I went back a few pages and didn't see this requested but have you thought about adding the option to use images instead of font awesome icons for shop items? I think this'll be useful especially when users are buying medals or trophies. 

2) Is there a way you can set up a display option so the shop front page is just the list of the categories instead of the items + categories?  Preferably with the option to add an image header at the top.

Edited by jinnie

There appears to be a bug with the permanent feature on the VIP Members thing in the shop:

image.thumb.png.2ec68cafcc6e91a4834b1a84a5c3dc44.png

A user on my forums brought the VIP membership which is set to permanent; however after so many minutes after purchasing he lost it again. After investigating in the database and seeing when the membershop task ran (demoteUsergroupUpgrades) I have come to the conclusion that despite it being set as permanent, it's not, it seems to have expired '-1' to the time_date, so it expired at 1533443660, or something, because this is clearly showing expired = 1, even though it shouldn't be. 

4 hours ago, Tripp★ said:

There appears to be a bug with the permanent feature on the VIP Members thing in the shop:

image.thumb.png.2ec68cafcc6e91a4834b1a84a5c3dc44.png

A user on my forums brought the VIP membership which is set to permanent; however after so many minutes after purchasing he lost it again. After investigating in the database and seeing when the membershop task ran (demoteUsergroupUpgrades) I have come to the conclusion that despite it being set as permanent, it's not, it seems to have expired '-1' to the time_date, so it expired at 1533443660, or something, because this is clearly showing expired = 1, even though it shouldn't be. 

I will check it, but them values are correct, the time_date is the time & date they redeemed the item, 1533443661 Is equivalent to: 05/08/2018 @ 4:34am (UTC) , the expire_time_date sets to -1 when it does not expire, if there was unix values in there like the time_date it would be the time & date the upgrade expires, basically -1 is unlimited / does not expire, I will check it out anyway because obviously it should not put them back into the original_group

Edited by TheJackal84

I love this—I love the gamble for points options. I don't think people will use it much. I cannot hype this up, without explaining why its awkward.
1. When you lose points it does not say that, but rather says that you won. Its confusing and you have to do math to figure if you lost. 

2. The results message (however misleading it may be) is a flash of an overlay. Its easily missed.

Solution: Make losing and winning a big deal (YOU LOST X POINTS! or YOU WON X POINTS!) with a landing page we can customize (maybe from pages?) and an option to play again or return to shop.

3. There is no landing page for anything and no way to put images in the default grid display that I saw. Just FA icons.  If I am going to give away a physical item (like a pair of sunglasses for example) for points I want to show them right in the grid.

Solution: Allow for custom image per custom item that shows in the grid. (Like Super Grid)

I think I could make custom pages and link to the games somehow as a work around, but I cannot make the win/lose message correct or exciting.

And more gambling please! This could be a huge hit.

16 minutes ago, Jaymez said:

love this—I love the gamble for points options. I don't think people will use it much. I cannot hype this up, without explaining why its awkward.
1. When you lose points it does not say that, but rather says that you won. Its confusing and you have to do math to figure if you lost. 

2. The results message (however misleading it may be) is a flash of an overlay. Its easily missed.

Solution: Make losing and winning a big deal (YOU LOST X POINTS! or YOU WON X POINTS!) with a landing page we can customize (maybe from pages?) and an option to play again or return to shop.

It did start of using notifications but people complained it was to much etc so the flash message came in, landing pages etc is a lot more work for a user to do and navigate to etc, I will look into something better and will use a setting to define what one to use etc

3. There is no landing page for anything and no way to put images in the default grid display that I saw. Just FA icons.  If I am going to give away a physical item (like a pair of sunglasses for example) for points I want to show them right in the grid.

Solution: Allow for custom image per custom item that shows in the grid. (Like Super Grid)

I think I could make custom pages and link to the games somehow as a work around, but I cannot make the win/lose message correct or exciting.

I will be adding images soon but it is a lot to do , for now you could add the image to the description and it will show them there

And more gambling please! This could be a huge hit.

there is also this

it is getting a new update wrote ( should be tonight if all goes OK ), you could use that for sports / gaming clans and so on

you can check it here

https://ipsdev.org/index.php?/bettingshop/

the version installed is the one I am working on but that is how it will look etc

and there is also this

Edited by TheJackal84
1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

It did start of using notifications but people complained it was to much etc so the flash message came in, landing pages etc is a lot more work for a user to do and navigate to etc, I will look into something better and will use a setting to define what one to use etc 

I will be adding images soon but it is a lot to do , for now you could add the image to the description and it will show them there

there is also this

it is getting a new update wrote ( should be tonight if all goes OK ), you could use that for sports / gaming clans and so on 

you can check it here

https://ipsdev.org/index.php?/bettingshop/

the version installed is the one I am working on but that is how it will look etc 

and there is also this 

Thanks!

I wanted to use this for giveaways (custom item / or voucher codes), as an incentive for return visits (gambling and last activity points), and for approved gallery uploads (which won't work with group collab (?) which sucks for us, but I get why) .

I will look into the lottery and/or sports betting asap!

Hi, just purchased and installed. Receiving these errors:

1) When I try to add items to the shop (Distinct from errors for "you need x thing installed")

1473707260_membersshop1.thumb.PNG.f47e846e115a59db21cdc264a512a921.PNG

2) When I try to change the bank/rewards settings for groups

552696506_membersshop2.thumb.PNG.5d364b8cac26866e35d0030bef8e6c81.PNG

It seems like other settings are functional.

Edited by colind525
7 hours ago, Priyesh said:

Is there any ETA on the next update? So far loving the application and it has increased activity ten fold. Would love to see some new features!

I haven't started it yet but by the time I do it have / do a lot more and also look a lot better

3 minutes ago, BertT said:

Hi, just purchased and installed. Receiving these errors:

166417613_.thumb.jpg.39e26b200649f8b5f8f6006e3d9fded5.jpg

A lot of mistakes when they are fixed?

I will send you a PM with a easy fix, there is not a lot of mistakes there is only one bug where it did not add the usergroup column on installation ( but it is a easy fix as you will see in the pm, it takes about 5 seconds to do ), that list is every column in your usergroup database showing not errors :biggrin:

Hi, I'm currently using 'basic points' app. Would this work in the same way? Could I change members points/money in the same way as this?

points.thumb.PNG.d0bc88b3e91111bc951e1453c1b20ddb.PNG

Is it possible to award points/money for voting on polls?

Would it be possible to transfer my members current points balance?

Your example images aren't showing up either could you forward them to me please?

Thanks for your time

30 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Hi, I'm currently using 'basic points' app. Would this work in the same way? Could I change members points/money in the same way as this?

Sorry just see your PM too, it does show their points on the profiles but to edit them you will need to do it via the ACP in the members page of it

31 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Is it possible to award points/money for voting on polls?

no but it is something I can look into

31 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Would it be possible to transfer my members current points balance?

not via the app, I could make a plugin what will allow the transfer of them but you will need to find where they are stored in the database

32 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Your example images aren't showing up either could you forward them to me please?

I have re-uploaded these images about 20 times, they keep disappearing and it don't seem like it is going to be fixed in a while as it has been reported loads for over a year by lots of devs, I currently don't have them stored anywhere so will need to re-do them all

9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry just see your PM too, it does show their points on the profiles but to edit them you will need to do it via the ACP in the members page of it

not via the app, I could make a plugin what will allow the transfer of them but you will need to find where they are stored in the database

I have re-uploaded these images about 20 times, they keep disappearing and it don't seem like it is going to be fixed in a while as it has been reported loads for over a year by lots of devs, I currently don't have them stored anywhere so will need to re-do them all

Thanks for the reply mate. Importing current points isn't essential.  Editing on the site is pretty important though... I'll see what I can do. App sounds great apart from that

On 9/3/2018 at 4:38 PM, TheJackal84 said:

One last question before I buy mate.

Is this app mobile friendly? I've had points apps before that didn't work well on mobile.

Purchased, love it so far.

Few things I'm trying to figure out, please bare with me. Apologies if anything has already been covered, there's just so many pages.

1. In statistics, the, points per group feature.

cash1.PNG.08c67afa507893c0f17c332b0e5f4b46.PNG

Is it possible to use secondary groups to populate this chart? Or even individual members.

2. How do I apply a prefix to points? I'd like to use £ if possible.

3. I can't figure out how to get points to show up on members profile card on desktop or on mobile. Do I need another app to do this or something? I know it's possible from the demo link you showed me. I just can't find the option.

cash2.thumb.PNG.5eeaebb3c300a566ec2bb39794297e1c.PNG

4. When trying to set interest cycles and amounts I get this error:

cash3.thumb.PNG.af15319c00f57b56f12bb0f9059fa05c.PNG

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Purchased, love it so far.

glad you like it

2 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

1. In statistics, the, points per group feature. 

cash1.PNG.08c67afa507893c0f17c332b0e5f4b46.PNG

Is it possible to use secondary groups to populate this chart? Or even individual members.

I can look into the secondary groups but the individual members will be massive, depending your members will depend the amount shown there, imagine having 50k members in that block, the lines will be tiny and it would make it impossible to navigate through

4 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

How do I apply a prefix to points? I'd like to use £ if possible.

there is no prefix atm but again it is something I can look into for the next update

4 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

I can't figure out how to get points to show up on members profile card on desktop or on mobile. Do I need another app to do this or something? I know it's possible from the demo link you showed me. I just can't find the option.

yeah that is part of another plugin I wrote

5 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

4. When trying to set interest cycles and amounts I get this error:

I will send you a pm with a quick fix, ( only takes 5 seconds )

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

glad you like it

I can look into the secondary groups but the individual members will be massive, depending your members will depend the amount shown there, imagine having 50k members in that block, the lines will be tiny and it would make it impossible to navigate through

there is no prefix atm but again it is something I can look into for the next update

yeah that is part of another plugin I wrote

I will send you a pm with a quick fix, ( only takes 5 seconds )

Thanks, so yeah if in the near future you could implement secondary group stats, points prefix and maybe auto points awarding for voting in certain polls I'd be over the moon.

Thanks again

30 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Thanks, so yeah if in the near future you could implement secondary group stats, points prefix and maybe auto points awarding for voting in certain polls I'd be over the moon.

Thanks again

I will see what I can do

21 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Forgot to ask, anyway I can transfer points from one member to another? Instead of taking them off one person and then giving them to another? Also is it possible to remove the donate feature?

to transfer will be basically donating them, if you wanted to remove the donate feature then just put it so only admins can donate points, then it will be disabled for everyone else

On 9/5/2018 at 3:59 PM, TheJackal84 said:

I will see what I can do

to transfer will be basically donating them, if you wanted to remove the donate feature then just put it so only admins can donate points, then it will be disabled for everyone else

Thanks.

I could really do with the option to remove a members points. Currently the only option to remove a members points is to log in as them and donate to someone else, unless I'm missing something?