Members Shop ( Support Topic )

Other ideas of high interest:

redeem functionality -> to avoid that inactive users gain more and more points and become rich without even being active on the site for a longer time (beside the points depreciation idea), there should be a functionality, that members have to "redeem their gained points". Something like a confirmation button, that has to be pressed from to time, otherwise, awarded points will be lost

permissions secondary groups -> currently, the IPS permission use the permissions matrix for the member group with the least permission. In members shop, it only uses the permissions of the primary member group (you can test this with bank interest rates). Additionally to my request above (integrate secondary membergroup upgrade promotion feature), also the permissions in the member groups setting should be honored. BUT: as interest rates for VIP or other groups (in primary OR secondary groups) the highest interest rate should be selected

Idea: place membersshop items "purchase" button on other pages or in widgets? so we can promote special items elsewhere

minimum percentage in bank? values less than 1% should be allowed. currently they don't even save...

18 hours ago, Cyboman said:

redeem functionality -> to avoid that inactive users gain more and more points and become rich without even being active on the site for a longer time (beside the points depreciation idea), there should be a functionality, that members have to "redeem their gained points". Something like a confirmation button, that has to be pressed from to time, otherwise, awarded points will be lost

They can not earn points if thet are not active, you set the points to be awarded if they have either logged in / posted content in the time frame of the award tasks

permissions secondary groups -> currently, the IPS permission use the permissions matrix for the member group with the least permission. In members shop, it only uses the permissions of the primary member group (you can test this with bank interest rates). Additionally to my request above (integrate secondary membergroup upgrade promotion feature), also the permissions in the member groups setting should be honored. BUT: as interest rates for VIP or other groups (in primary OR secondary groups) the highest interest rate should be selected

I can look into all the secondary groups for probably 1.1.3, 1.1.2 is nearly done with gallery features ( big thanks to @Joel R for supporting the gallery app ) done and the ability for me to create some great add-ons and extenstions

Idea: place membersshop items "purchase" button on other pages or in widgets? so we can promote special items elsewhere

I will more than likely craeate a widget ( something like the downloads featured one ) where you can feature items and they will show there, of course it will be global

minimum percentage in bank? values less than 1% should be allowed. currently they don't even save...

the application is wrote without decimals so I would need to rewrite lots to have that function which will not be something I am looking to do for a while ( don't mean it won't happen though )

I am starting making extenstions for this app as well as add-ons, So far I have made a clubs add-on where you can allow members to charge points to join their clubs, you can charge members for creating modules in the clubs, example if they want to add a forums topic section to the club it will cost xxx points, you can charge members to create a club, and it will also add a feature my club item to the shop.

Another add-on I am working on is actually really good lol, you will create a event, Say 10 posts in a hour, now you will set the reward, either points or a shop item, you set the event to run every hour, and each hour it will check if any member has posted 10 posts or what ever option is selected for that application ( events can be set to run each hour, every 3 hours, every 6 hours, every 12 hours, once a day, once a week or once a month so you can make some really good events ), it will award them either the points you set or the item you set and send them a notification saying they got x from y event, it will support the forums, downloads, gallery, calendar and of course members shop ( more applications will come )

uWq1u84.png

RY0F4Dj.png

Edited by TheJackal84
7 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I will more than likely craeate a widget ( something like the downloads featured one ) where you can feature items and they will show there, of course it will be global

I think a smarter approach is to allow us to pick and choose # shop items to feature on a specific widget, so we can create variations depending upon location.  

For example:

• If you're in Gallery, you can buy a shop item to feature your album.
  • If you're in Downloads, you can buy a shop item to feature your files.
  • If you're in the Profile, you can buy a shop item for social media info or profile video
8 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I am starting making extenstions for this app as well as add-ons, So far I have made a clubs add-on where you can allow members to charge points to join their clubs, you can charge members for creating modules in the clubs, example if they want to add a forums topic section to the club it will cost xxx points, you can charge members to create a club, and it will also add a feature my club item to the shop.

Make sure to also include ways to earn points for Club:

• Earn X points for joining a club
  • Earn X points for starting a club
  • Earn X points for posting a topic in a club, etc

8 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Another add-on I am working on is actually really good lol, you will create a event, Say 10 posts in a hour, now you will set the reward, either points or a shop item, you set the event to run every hour, and each hour it will check if any member has posted 10 posts or what ever option is selected for that application ( events can be set to run each hour, every 3 hours, every 6 hours, every 12 hours, once a day, once a week or once a month so you can make some really good events ), it will award them either the points you set or the item you set and send them a notification saying they got x from y event, it will support the forums, downloads, gallery, calendar and of course members shop ( more applications will come )

This is very very minor, but I would encourage you to rename the add-on to Goals.  I think that resonates better.  

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Earn X points for joining a club 

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Earn X points for posting a topic in a club, etc 

Already in the Members shop core app mate

JGMBqDC.png

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

This is very very minor, but I would encourage you to rename the add-on to Goals.  I think that resonates better.   

yeah sounds better, I won't change the background names etc as it's 95% wrote, I will just change all references what are viewable to goals

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, TheJackal84 said:
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, Cyboman said:

Define maximum total amounts for points on hand as well as for deposits in the bank, so members have to spend their points if they reach the max limit….

I don't think there should be a maximum, people enjoy being number 1 in rankings etc, if you limit this, there will never be one number 1, you could have 100 with the max points all with the top member point ranking of 1, if someone was 2nd, you never know they could pay to get some points to be in first place, if you limit it, why would they bother? they will not get 1st place on the leaderboards etc they will sit below the other 100 people with the maximum points, Once you take away or limit the chase you take away the peoples fun they can have

Your assumptions are totally true, but only for non-business-orientated points-models.

As soon as you start, integrating your points system into a business-model, the following happens:

1. Members purchase points for real money. They don't do it, to be no. 1 in any ranking, but to invest their points into subscriptions, sercives, products, downloads…
  2. I even lock the stats page for members, as they shall not know, who are the richtest money investors.
  3. As far as I know, the bank is secret anyway, so this terminates your ranking argument
  4. If people only earn points by content, and not by purchasing them with real money, a fair maximum amount is extremely helpful to make them invest their points, as they can't gain anymore
  5. Points don't run out of control. Nobody can become that rich, that it might destroy my business model one day.
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, TheJackal84 said:
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, Cyboman said:

points depreciation: an option to reduce points by inactivity time if member is inactive (reduce by x percentage per year or per 6 months, if member hasn't been active during this time, I mean something like a negative interest rate)

that is probably something what could get added, but you need to think, if I paid you $10 / $20 to buy points and went on holiday, came back and see you removed my points because I was offline. I am going to either PayPal or my bank and making a claim, thats a joke. ( Remember to think of how people will react )

We've been talking with another developer concerning this 1 year ago. Our main arguments were:

1. If you've been purchasing points in the Playstation Network (as far as I can remember) or on the Microsoft Xbox console, points of course expire and decay after 2 years time. It's a matter of our terms and conditions. Points are being used to be spent on the platforms, not to hoard and treasure them up for ages.
  2. Notice, that we don't want to be unfair. We just want to avoid, that
    # we have heaps of unused bucks on account, as we might change business models one time in the future
    # members shouldn't gain additional points during their inactivity time (f.e. for received reactions). Imagine, one opens a high value topic, which gains thousands of responses, but the member isn't active anymore, but then returns after 5 years and is a rich man... This requires a handling
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, TheJackal84 said:
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, Cyboman said:

They can not earn points if thet are not active, you set the points to be awarded if they have either logged in / posted content in the time frame of the award tasks

Maybe I don't understand this correctly. There already is a functionality to stop members earning points, f.e. for receiving reactions, if they haven't been logged in for a week or a month? Where is it please?

I can look into all the secondary groups for probably 1.1.3

That would be extremely helpful as I can only start using these features as soon as secondary groups are honored. I really can't overwrite primary member groups, as there are different permissions inherited already and there is no possibility for a default primary group upgrade from all groups.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, Cyboman said:

the application is wrote without decimals so I would need to rewrite lots to have that function which will not be something I am looking to do for a while ( don't mean it won't happen though )

ok, I just want to mention that +12% interest rate per year (for people that purchased points for real money) is extremely high. I'm rating this feature by an economic points of view in relation to my business model usage.

Please always have in mind, that some of your membershop users try to develop their own business model! It's not only a fun app for us, as we can lose a lot of money with it. As soon as we start offering points for money, this changes a lot.

But anyway, I'm already very happy your app exists in the way it is, I'm just adding my comments for you to have them in mind concerning different usage cases. Thanks.

... Which is why I think you should be very careful in trying to implement a fun digital points system into a professional business model.

I agree in principle with several of @Cybomans suggestions (12% interest in bank, point decay over time) But I think 'pro' features should be separate or privately commissioned.

There are several requested features that are universal: Gallery points, adding points to menu, more notifications.  

3 hours ago, kurosaki ichigo said:

ok thanks!

and user can pay file in downloads with this point ?

or i can make downlaodable item ?

Yes.  

You make file cost 30 points.  That will deduct 30 points when user downloads.  

@TheJackal84 does that cost points for every download? 

53 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

ok, I just want to mention that +12% interest rate per year (for people that purchased points for real money) is extremely high. I'm rating this feature by an economic points of view in relation to my business model usage.

there is lots to quote so I will just say, I will add look into a few bits and see what I can pull up, As for the 12% interest, who do you bank with? I want to create a bank lol, Most go just below 1%, yeah 12% is massive, I would make most 1% then someone like a vip subscription paid package will get 3% at a push probably 2%

56 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Maybe I don't understand this correctly. There already is a functionality to stop members earning points, f.e. for receiving reactions, if they haven't been logged in for a week or a month? Where is it please?

Not like that there is not, not sure what the inactive members app on here does but if you can put these members in a inactive group, disallow them to receive points then they won't get any from the reactions etc

8 minutes ago, Joel R said:

does that cost points for every download? 

No, it is a one time payment

Updated to 1.1.2

New Features
  • Gallery
    • Allow your members to earn points for uploading images
    • Allow your members to earn points for reviewing on images
    • Allow your members to earn points for commenting on images
    • Each of the above's point amounts can be set on a per category basis

The 3rd party app points has been dropped from this app, The 3rd party points app as it is broken, ( This has a better one anyway )

Edited by TheJackal84
4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:
4 hours ago, Joel R said:

To clarify about the bank interest, you ask % per month.  Even the minimum 1% / mo = 12% / yr is extremely high, and that's the lowest possible rate in your app.  

- the x% they pay to deposit or what ever is set for the chosen usegroup :biggrin:

Yes, I was talking about "bank interest per year". I don't know any real bank, who has bank interests on such a high level ? Problem is, that I can only specify "bank interest per month". If it would be "per year" I'd be fine with 1% ? 

I know, that we can absorb the 12% per year bank interest effect with a 11% deposit fee, but I don't think this is the way to go.

Furthermore, and sorry - I'm talking about group permissions again - I found out the following behavior and have to ask if this is intended:

I'm an "admin" (in primary group - set to 3% bank interest per month) and also a "system operator" (in a secondary group - set to 2% bank interest per month)

RESULT: I get 3%

Other example:

I'm an "vip member" (in secondary group - set to 3% bank interest per month) and also a "regular member" (in a primary group - set to 1% bank interest per month)

RESULT: vip only get 1%

So I conclude, that only "primary member groups" are honored. But talking about bank interest, one should get the highest value that is configured for any member group he is in.

As soon as you have an individual member group strategy in your community, you will get into conflict there - and as far as I know - this isn't the way how IPS handles permissions, either. Maybe I'm wrong, but currently I'm confused ?

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

What shows on front-end? eg. Goal List?   

No mate, nothing actually shows on thr front apart from the notifications saying they got it, Either a topic listing them or even if they are full time goals then a faq would be better

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

Do members re-earn points every time they complete a new set of goals, or is it one time?   

as many as they earn, if you created a goal say, 10 posts in a hour, each hour of that day I make 10 posts, I will receive the goal reward, it is supposed to entice lots more activity on the forums etc, if it restricted the times you can win the goals then people will stop going for it

I'm interested in the Member Goals add-on (though I think the renewal fees are a bit pricey in relation to the main app).

But this makes me ask some informations concerning the future of this add-on:

• Will this add-on be updated with fresh triggers and f.e. new award types (points, items, more?) regularily in the future? Like the main app?
  • Might there be additional rewards (not only points or membersshop items" but additionally lead to "process XYZ rule in automation rules"? Or additional functionality as "if goal is reached, send a notification/PM to admins" (for custom awarding)?
  • Are more crazy goal types planned like a content-read-per-time-trigger, f.e. "has read 25 forum posts a day"? Or "is very active during night times between 0 am - 4 am"? Or "has been scrolling down on 40 topic pages of a special topic"?
  • Might there be done any triggers like "has received 2 iawards in a week"? (I know the iaward app is not supported yet)
  • Maybe something like "has posted 10 posts in a special forum with at least X characters and/or Y words"? (content measuring)
  • Another idea could be, to have an "iaward" given for reaching a goal (could be done via a rule as well), but as soon as another person will also meet the goal afterwards, the iaward is taken from the initial goal owner, and moved to the new person (= a special trophy that is handed from last person to the next person aso)
  • And: "member has received at least 5 positive reactions for a single content (topic or post…) in an hour/week/month/year"?
  • What happens if I create a lot of goals? Will this be reducing the loading speed of my community remarkably? I imagine there has to be set a counter for each member for every goal, and if you have a huge member database, there might be adverse consequences?
  • Before I start purchasing a lot of membersshop add-ons, will these apps and add-ons be supported until the end of time? ? ? ? To be honest, of course, you can't predict what will happen, but if I start purchasing more and more apps and integrate them to my awarding strategy, I'd wish to hear "the members shop industry is planned to go far beyond IPS 4 or even 5"
  • Only as an idea or a special marketing event, maybe you could sell add-on bundles, like, pay 2, get 3.

Thanks for offering such nice enhancements. As soon as I have my strategy built completely, I will go on purchasing more of your add-ons. Your development is highly appreciated.

Edited by Cyboman
19 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I'm interested in the Member Goals add-on (though I think the renewal fees are a bit pricey).

renewals are only pricey if the apps they are for are not updated lol but even then, you do not need to renew your are not contracted to it, like all my files they get updated with requests as long as I have the ability to

Will this add-on be updated with fresh triggers and f.e. new award types (points, items, more?) regularily in the future? Like the main app?

with good ideas yes they will

Might there be done any triggers like "has received 2 iawards in a week"? (I know the iaward app is not supported yet)

Probably not, If anything I will update it to support Trophies & Medals by @Fosters, I would rather that one then any other

Another idea could be, to have an "iaward" given for reaching a goal (could be done via a rule as well), but as soon as another person will also meet the goal afterwards, the iaward is taken from the initial goal owner, and moved to the new person (= a special trophy that is handed from last person to the next person aso)

Again it would be Trophies & Medals

What happens if I create a lot of goals? Will this be reducing the loading speed of my community remarkably? I imagine there has to be set a counter for each member for every goal, and if you have a huge member database, there might be adverse consequences? 

They are all run in the background, like when you move mass forum posts etc to another forum it triggers a background task so it won't make your server have a high load

Before I start purchasing a lot of membersshop add-ons, will these apps and add-ons be supported until the end of time? ? ? ? To be honest, of course, you can't predict what will happen, but if I start purchasing more and more apps and integrate them to my awarding strategy, I'd wish to hear "the members shop industry is planned to go far beyond IPS 4 or even 5"

As long as I have renewals on my files, I will support it for the new versions, I would never say heres member shop for 5.0 pay me again, I will be updating the 4 versions for it, I personally think people who do that are wrong-uns

Only as an idea or a special marketing event, maybe you could sell add-on bundles, like, pay 2, get 3.

I actually did make a few good bundles with lots of $$$ off and even a mega pack, but I got told by IPS staff that developers are no longer allowed to upload bundles, So send me a pm and I will always sort people out discounts or a free app / plugin if they are buying multiple files

Edited by TheJackal84
23 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Thanks for offering such nice enhancements. As soon as I have my strategy built completely, I will go on purchasing more of your add-ons. Your development is highly appreciated.

No problem anytime :biggrin:, and like I said if you buy multiple I will offer a discount or free app / plugin depending the $$$ etc

Edited by TheJackal84

I am getting database errors with members shop:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `membersshop_items` CHANGE COLUMN `desc` `desc` MEDIUMTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `membersshop_rewards` CHANGE COLUMN `description` `description` MEDIUMTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL ;