Members Shop ( Support Topic )

Concerning the membership subscription promotion feature, I think it will be absolutely necessary to have an option

• to promote member to SECONDARY MEMBER GROUPS only

I don't want to touch primary member groups, as this makes no sense, if members want to buy different member group promotion features. The member group promotion feature should be available for different membershop items in addition, which means, members can buy different membergroup promotion items and will be promoted to different secondary member groups. I would kindly ask to consider this important feature. Thanks.

Another concern for paid downloads:

If I sell downloads for XY points, then it shows the price correctly, but in the files (to purchase with points) the button still states "DOWNLOAD" only, and there is no information on/below/above the Download button, that there will be a points fee, that has to be paid. It would be beneficial, if it could somehow state "If you download this file, your points will be reduced by XX points. To you want to continue?"

Thanks.

Edited by Cyboman
40 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

I have completed the upgrade and I am running the most recent version. When a member purchases an item and "stores" it and then goes to the stored item and trys to redeem iot he gets a "could not locate item" error. Did I do something wrong or is this possibly a bug?

I will check it out

3 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Concerning the membership subscription promotion feature, I think it will be absolutely necessary to have an option

• to promote member to SECONDARY MEMBER GROUPS only

I don't want to touch primary member groups, as this makes no sense, if members want to buy different member group promotion features. The member group promotion feature should be available for different membershop items in addition, which means, members can buy different membergroup promotion items and will be promoted to different secondary member groups. I would kindly ask to consider this important feature. Thanks.

Another concern for paid downloads:

If I sell downloads for XY points, then it shows the price correctly, but in the files (to purchase with points) the button still states "DOWNLOAD" only, and there is no information on/below/above the Download button, that there will be a points fee, that has to be paid. It would be beneficial, if it could somehow state "If you download this file, your points will be reduced by XX points. To you want to continue?"

Thanks.

I will look into secondary group upgrades.

the file on the downloads.

the button will show the price, IF you are not the file submitter, If you are not the submitter the price will show on the button as well as the other places, Once you paid for the download the price will no longer show on the button as it sayd download now xxx points, people might think they need to pay again, so I made it when they purchased it, it's gone from there and just says download,

Same really as nexus, you can not buy your own file so the buy now button is not on show to the submitter

7 hours ago, JTHastings said:

I have completed the upgrade and I am running the most recent version. When a member purchases an item and "stores" it and then goes to the stored item and trys to redeem iot he gets a "could not locate item" error. Did I do something wrong or is this possibly a bug?

Same here ! Can't redeem, either stored items or using "buy and use".

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Cyboman said:
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, TheJackal84 said:

GwEuvlK.png

Will there be an option to deposit different codes for single-time-use? -> a different code for each purchaser?

If yes, we could sell discount vouchers there, that aren't bound to a special person, but can only be used once. So there won't be misuse with these codes/vouchers...

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, TheJackal84 said:

You will set the amount of stock, If there is only 1 code you will put 1 in stock if there is 10 you would put 10 and so on

So how can I put different codes into the "code field" then?

If I hit the return key to get another 'key code insertion field', it just saves the item ? but I can't see any option, how to enter different keys, f.e. 10, in there.

Shouldn't I be able to insert a list of key codes? Or do I have to create a new item for every single code?

Edited by Cyboman
6 hours ago, Agent Shark said:

Question: Can users use points to buy products offered in the Commerce application and does it work with Classifieds so people can buy products there.

No mate, the points can only be bought via commerce, not use them to buy stuff on there

6 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

Same here ! Can't redeem, either stored items or using "buy and use".

Update will come today, ( Silly mistake on my part )

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:

So how can I put different codes into the "code field" then?

If I hit the return key to get another 'key code insertion field', it just saves the item ? but I can't see any option, how to enter different keys, f.e. 10, in there.

Shouldn't I be able to insert a list of key codes? Or do I have to create a new item for every single code?

You need to make multiple items for the multiple unique codes

Suggestions on Shop Items:

• Send a Medal -- designate a recipient who will receive the medal
  • Send a Trophy -- designate a recipient who will receive the trophy
  • Send a Sticky Note -- designate a recipient who will receive a personal sticky note
  • Pin Topic
  • Feature Topic
  • Feature Album
  • Pin Image
  • Feature Image
  • Pin File
  • Feature File
  • Pin Event
  • Feature Event
  • Pin Club
  • Start Club
  • Feature Club
  • Mystery File -- Download a random file 

Suggestions on ACP Tools:

• Mass add points to users in a membergroup
  • Manually add points to a user
  • Adjust points for a user 
  • Mass apply points to files in certain category

Suggestion on New Points Feature: "Events"

• Global, one-time events that +/- points to members based upon member filters
    • "Trumponomics" -- America starts a trade war with everyone.  Canadian maple syrup and Mexican avocados become too expensive to buy, and global trade comes to a halt.   Everyone loses -100 points.  
    • "Merry Christmas" -- In the spirit and charity of giving, your Admin dresses up like Santa and gifts everyone a Christmas present.  Everyone gains +25 points.
    • "Advertisers Appreciation Day" -- On the first day of every month, the community holds an Advertiser Appreciation Day to thank them for their support.  Advertisers group gain +16 points.
    • "Housing Crisis" -- Goldman Sachs collapses from selling shady mortgage securities.  Real estate plummets.  Everyone who filled out their location field loses -30 points.
    • "Facebook Friendly" -- Facebook sells your profile data, location, online history, and your soul.  But you won Farmville and connected with forgotten friends.  Everyone who connected with Facebook gains +12 points  
    • "Tinder Hookup" -- Uploading an avatar is an important part of online friends and / or online hookups.  Swipe right to find the next hottie.  Everyone with an avatar +8 points.
    • "Ragnarok" -- The Marvel Cinematic Universe is attacked by Ragnarok and the ends of times is coming.  Assemble your team.  Everyone in a club +8 points.  
Edited by Joel R
Strikethrough on items already done
5 hours ago, Joel R said:

Suggestions on Shop Items:

• Send a Medal -- designate a recipient who will receive the medal
  • Send a Trophy -- designate a recipient who will receive the trophy
  • Send a Sticky Note -- designate a recipient who will receive a personal sticky note
  • Pin Topic
  • Feature Topic
  • Feature Album
  • Pin Image
  • Feature Image
  • Pin File
  • Feature File
  • Pin Event
  • Feature Event
  • Pin Club
  • Start Club
  • Feature Club
  • Mystery File -- Download a random file 

I can look into them yeah, some are already there, like pin topic and feature file. send medal and trophy, they can buy & store it, then if they have the permission they can send it to another user, same as sticky notes

Suggestions on ACP Tools:

• Mass add points to users in a membergroup
  • Manually add points to a user
  • Adjust points for a user 
  • Mass apply points to files in certain category
  • mass add groups is already there ( same place in the Image I sent you in PM just now ) same as points to users
  • Ajust points is already in it, Go to the members profile of the ACP and edit preferences, you will see a members shop tab, if they own a bank account that will show too
  • mass apply points to files is there too, ( In pic I sent in PM too )

Suggestion on New Points Feature: "Events"

• Global, one-time events that +/- points to members based upon member filters
    • "Trumponomics" -- America starts a trade war with everyone.  Canadian maple syrup and Mexican avocados become too expensive to buy, and global trade comes to a halt.   Everyone loses -100 points.  
    • "Merry Christmas" -- In the spirit and charity of giving, your Admin dresses up like Santa and gifts everyone a Christmas present.  Everyone gains +25 points.
    • "Advertisers Appreciation Day" -- On the first day of every month, the community holds an Advertiser Appreciation Day to thank them for their support.  Advertisers group gain +16 points.
    • "Housing Crisis" -- Goldman Sachs collapses from selling shady mortgage securities.  Real estate plummets.  Everyone who filled out their location field loses -30 points.
    • "Facebook Friendly" -- Facebook sells your profile data, location, online history, and your soul.  But you won Farmville and connected with forgotten friends.  Everyone who connected with Facebook gains +12 points  
    • "Tinder Hookup" -- Uploading an avatar is an important part of online friends and / or online hookups.  Swipe right to find the next hottie.  Everyone with an avatar +8 points.
    • "Ragnarok" -- The Marvel Cinematic Universe is attacked by Ragnarok and the ends of times is coming.  Assemble your team.  Everyone in a club +8 points.  

events sound quite good, I can look into that too

Edited by TheJackal84

Tools: I'm impressed that all of the tools I needed were already built-in, they were just tucked away in various settings.  

Points: In my PM, I sent you a request on how to earn points from other apps like Gallery, Calendar, Clubs, Reputation, Leaderboard, Profiles.  Earning points in all the ways across the suite builds the foundation for any comprehensive point system.   On a practical note, my community uses Gallery a lot.

Suggestion on UIX:

• When user tries to buy and doesn't have enough points, he gets an error code screen.  It's not very friendly.  Would rather prefer a modal window 

195658850_Toopoorforpoints.thumb.PNG.334eb535303b5920a0287d4cb43cdff1.PNG

Edited by Joel R
Strikethrough on items already done
1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Tools: I'm impressed that all of the tools I needed were already built-in, they were just tucked away in various settings.  

Points: In my PM, I sent you a request on how to earn points from other apps like Gallery, Calendar, Clubs, Reputation, Leaderboard, Profiles.  Earning points in all the ways across the suite builds the foundation for any comprehensive point system.   On a practical note, my community uses Gallery a lot.

There is so many settings, it would look horrible and too much if they were all in the members shop acp tabs so I put lots in the places they are going to run the code for, same as reactions, that is in each reaction

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Suggestion on UIX:

• When user tries to buy and doesn't have enough points, he gets an error code screen.  It's not very friendly.  Would rather prefer a modal window 

195658850_Toopoorforpoints.thumb.PNG.334eb535303b5920a0287d4cb43cdff1.PNG

the problem I have with this is, if it uses a pop up for that, then it will override the pop up saying this item costs xx points you will have x points after purchasing it, are you sure you want to buy it. and that will show but then just flick off. and you won't have a choice in saying yes or no.

I will look into another way to try & deal with it

6 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Suggestion on Shop Items:

• Allow custom icons 

this is already on the to do list, at the minute there will be too many icons / images used as the items are also stored in the my items inventory, even if the item has been deleted from the acp them items will still be available if the user purchased it and stored it, Now the thing with that is, what to do with the image when the item is deleted? if we delete the image, it will remove them from the my items page and then it will be blank, if we copy the image, depending the amount of items will depend how many images for that item will be made, there is a lot of work in that but something will come, maybe use a backup font awesome icon for it the item gets deleted etc

9 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Suggestions on Bank:

• Suggested fa icons for Deposit / Withdraw: fa_plus_square; fa_minus_square.  There's also ones for dollar, piggybank, etc.  

where abouts will these be? on the actual button etc?

9 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

There is a bug when "grid view" is selected for statistics page (membersshop/statistics/) 

what bug? I always have it all on grid view as I think its better that way, I don't see no problems with it

10 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

+ I had to re-create all custom items because we couldn't redeem them anymore. 

you should of sent me a message and I could of checked why it might of happened

9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

what bug? I always have it all on grid view as I think its better that way, I don't see no problems with it

19 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Definitely better on grid view but the only way for me to display it on grid view is by selecting "table view" (weirdly)

Table view selected = grid view displayed

Grid view selected = broken grid/table displayed 

10 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

you should of sent me a message and I could of checked why it might of happened

IKR, sometimes, I just want to take a vacation from being a pain in the ?.. It's fine, only had 5 custom items ?

Some suggestions/issues for/with the bank module:

1. Why can't we have fees for withdrawals? I think it should be handled the same as deposits.
  2. No statements for deposit costs: On withdrawals, it says "Withdrawals are free" above the "withdraw" button, but on the left side, it doesn't state anything for deposits, not even how much percentage fees are taken off the deposit. No warning, no statement, nothing… Beside of that this is an important information, it also breaks the design, as the deposit button is located a row in height above the withdrawal button
  3. On mobile view, the "transactions" link breaks the design... it gets moved out of the title bar

Other important suggestions:

• membership upgrades to secondary groups (already mentioned above but I list it here again)
  • points depreciation: an option to reduce points by inactivity time if member is inactive (reduce by x percentage per year or per 6 months, if member hasn't been active during this time, I mean something like a negative interest rate)
  • Define maximum total amounts for points on hand as well as for deposits in the bank, so members have to spend their points if they reach the max limit….
  • New item for members shop: "purchase advertisements in the IPS ads system" on predefined locations with predefined "active time setting"
  • Allow positive/negative points for (positive/negative) reaction GIVERs at the same time, the receiver is awarded with points. I want to award both: (1) the content author receives points for receiving reactions for good contents (already implemented) but also (2) the GIVER for engaging in user engagement. Every reaction counts, so please let us award both at the same time.

For example:

It means, that if I give a negative reaction, the receiver will lose f.e. -2 points, but processing a negative reaction will "cost" me as the reaction-giver -1 point at the same time. BOTH SIDES LOSE POINTS! This way, members will think twice about reacting negatively. I think this is a very smart concept, if "haters" can't afford reacting negative continuously. The whole community will become a better place :)

• Is there any accounting overview for users in the frontend? A location, where they can see how much they received or spent for any special actions? Or any option for a daily summary (with an indicator if the user is above or below the community average)
  • Show the points account balance in the header maybe? like this file -> https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8832-account-balance/
  • Notification popups or sounds if a member awarded with points is online at that time
  • For donations, there should be a maximum donation amount (per day) - a limiter is requested to avoid misuse.
  • Award points for being subscribed to bulk mail (per day/week/month) and reduce points if not subscribed to bulk email.
    -> bulk mail is most important for email marketing, so it has a very high value!!

Even more points award triggers (taken from another site off my posts):

• if members take part in an event
  • if members decline an event (it's a feedback, so they should earn minor points too)
  • if members find reviews helpful (give points to author of the review + give minor points to who the review found helpful)
  • if members post contents in third party applications (let us select at least "content points amount per application")
  • if members donate money to the site owner (maybe this should have levels according for the amount like >higher than 5$, >50$, >100$)
  • if members donate a higher amount to other members (as a tipp, but this requires a protection level, if they send points in a loop and try to get rich this way)
  • if members are opted in for bulk email (for a whole month, so it should check irregularily to avoid abuse, not for switching off/on in a loop)
  • if members successfully share to Facebook / twitter (probably difficult as you have to check if they really share it to Facebook and it is shared viewable for the public)
  • maybe have some integration into Fosters Project Manager (www.fosters.tech)
    # if a member creates a new issue
    # if a member is acting as a project manager (per issue he has to manage)
    # if an issue is assigned to someone (minor points for assigned member)
    # if an assigned member finishes an issue successfully
    # deduct daily/weekly/monthly points from a member if a project issue is overdue
  • deduct points from a member if he downloads a file multiple times again and again (f.e. after the third incident, as it costs additional bandwidth)
  • if a members rank is promoted
  • if members are top contributors of the week / month
  • if members are daily leaderboard winners (1st / 2nd / 3rd place)
  • if members create "hot threads" (that trigger a lot engagement)
  • if members create contents in pages databases
  • point awards for community posts
    -> award the according member if he creates the 10000th post in the community, the 25000 post in the community, if the 1 million posts will be reached (members will start to chase for these events ;) )

Best regards, and as always: your members shop app is awesome!!!

Edited by Cyboman
3 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Why can't we have fees for withdrawals? I think it should be handled the same as deposits.

I have never known a bank to charge to withdraw, if they did, I would not bank with them, I do not even use the 3rd party cash machines what charge to withdraw, just go use a proper banks one.

No statements for deposit costs: On withdrawals, it says "Withdrawals are free" above the "withdraw" button, but on the left side, it doesn't state anything for deposits, not even how much percentage fees are taken off the deposit. No warning, no statement, nothing… Beside of that this is an important information, it also breaks the design, as the deposit button is located a row in height above the withdrawal button

There has been a how much to deposit since the bank got made showing above the deposit button, it says, There is a x% charge to deposit points, and the popup will say how much is deposited

XlM8IGb.png

AiUIbcQ.png

what is it breaking the design on?, I checked mobile and PC and nothing breaks for me, the boxes on mobile will sit on top of each other as it has the mobile collapse class in there

ORv91NE.png

X0TtD53.png

rCNbR4S.png

0BVtcYM.png

Define maximum total amounts for points on hand as well as for deposits in the bank, so members have to spend their points if they reach the max limit….

I don't think there should be a maximum, people enjoy being number 1 in rankings etc, if you limit this, there will never be one number 1, you could have 100 with the max points all with the top member point ranking of 1, if someone was 2nd, you never know they could pay to get some points to be in first place, if you limit it, why would they bother? they will not get 1st place on the leaderboards etc they will sit below the other 100 people with the maximum points, Once you take away or limit the chase you take away the peoples fun they can have

points depreciation: an option to reduce points by inactivity time if member is inactive (reduce by x percentage per year or per 6 months, if member hasn't been active during this time, I mean something like a negative interest rate)

that is probably something what could get added, but you need to think, if I paid you $10 / $20 to buy points and went on holiday, came back and see you removed my points because I was offline. I am going to either PayPal or my bank and making a claim, thats a joke. ( Remember to think of how people will react )

Allow positive/negative points for (positive/negative) reaction GIVERs at the same time, the receiver is awarded with points. I want to award both: (1) the content author receives points for receiving reactions for good contents (already implemented) but also (2) the GIVER for engaging in user engagement. Every reaction counts, so please let us award both at the same time.

the reactions are very hard, it is not a simple script to get them to work, don't know if you know but, with the 3rd party points app, there was a way to get unlimited points by reacting / removing the reaction and repeating, This one will not do that of course but the code I had to write to make it that way was not a easy task.

Is there any accounting overview for users in the frontend? A location, where they can see how much they received or spent for any special actions? Or any option for a daily summary (with an indicator if the user is above or below the community average)

no, I maybe can do something with the stats pages so it will show their stats only

Show the points account balance in the header maybe? like this file -> https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8832-account-balance/

One the app starts getting features where the points can be spent elsewhere, I will be adding that, ( you can use them in downloads now etc so will probably be in the next update or 2 )

For donations, there should be a maximum donation amount (per day) - a limiter is requested to avoid misuse.

yeah, that is something I will be adding, Not sure how they could misuse it though lol

Award points for being subscribed to bulk mail (per day/week/month) and reduce points if not subscribed to bulk email.
-> bulk mail is most important for email marketing, so it has a very high value!!

yeah, that's a good idea, but again I would need to check it all, because there is also a unsubcribe button, subscribe / unsubscribe get lots of points lol

the rest I can look into as well

Edited by TheJackal84

Hey guys,

Got an issue with this. I get the following error while your application is installed and im trying to set up a new Group on my forums. Only happens when your application is installed. 

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

UPDATE `core_groups` core_groups  SET `prefix`='<span style=\'color:#3cff00\'>',`suffix`='</span>',`g_promote_exclude`=false,`g_dname_date`=1,`g_signature_limits`='0:0:::0:0',`g_view_board`=true,`g_dohtml`=false,`g_access_offline`=false,`g_hide_online_list`=false,`g_view_displaynamehistory`=true,`g_edit_profile`=true,`g_upload_animated_photos`=true,`g_can_msg_attach`=false,`g_post_polls`=true,`g_vote_polls`=true,`g_close_polls`=false,`g_attach_max`=0,`g_append_edit`=false,`g_avoid_flood`=false,`g_avoid_q`=false,`g_mod_preview`=false,`g_bypass_badwords`=false,`g_edit_posts`=0,`g_hide_own_posts`=0,`g_delete_own_posts`=0,`g_lock_unlock_own`=0,`g_can_report`=0,`steam_pull`=true,`steam_index`=true,`g_secgind_position`=32,`ms_can_bank`=true,`ms_daily_points`=0 WHERE g_id=23 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'ms_daily_points' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Member\\_G...', Array)
#1 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`core_groups` c...', '`prefix`=?,`suf...', 'WHERE g_id=?')
#2 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Member/Group.php(323): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(223): IPS\Member\_Group->save()
#4 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Also Are you able to turn the bank option of?

Is it also possible to display the amount of points you have in the avatar area on forum posts?

Minor bug found:

(1) if translating language strings that use "%s%" - which is used for (1) deposit message above deposit button in the bank (^^ see my report above) and (2) states the interest informations in the bank - then the string isn't displayed. As soon as I change "%s%" to "%s percent" it works.

(2) the date of the next interest rate in the bank is always displayed in english, but it should also use the "translated date formatting"

Edited by Cyboman
5 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Minor bug found:

if translating language strings that use "%s%" - which is used for (1) deposit message above deposit button in the bank (^^ see my report above) and (2) states the interest informations in the bank - then the string isn't displayed. As soon as I change "%s%" to "%s percent" it works.

there was a bug with language strings with a IPS 4.3 version, I am not to sure what one though ( read the post in the link below and a few posts after )

instead of putting percent or % try and add &#37;